IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

New Generation Parking Management Ltd

Options
Hi, I've received a parking charge notice from the above company for parking "on our client's private property in July,......... in contravention of the on site parking regulations. Reason: No displayed permit"

I recall parking on a paved area, next to another car, but there was no signage to say I couldn't park there. It is asking for £75, reduced to £65 if I pay within 7 days, but increasing to £150 if I wait over 28 days!!:eek:

Am I correct in thinking I can ignore this??
Bern :j

Comments

• bargepole
    bargepole Posts: 3,231 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    RedBern wrote: »
    Am I correct in thinking I can ignore this??
    100% correct.

I have been providing assistance, including Lay Representation at Court hearings (current score: won 57, lost 14), to defendants in parking cases for over 5 years. I have an LLB (Hons) degree, and have a Graduate Diploma in Civil Litigation from CILEx. However, any advice given on these forums by me is NOT formal legal advice, and I accept no liability for its accuracy.
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 132,008 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Yep, ignore it and any other letters. DO NOT REPLY TO ANY CONTACT. They'll give up in the end and they won't take you to Court.

Read up on other advice on any similar threads of your choice here (only read the threads about private parking tickets, not anything about appealing Council tickets which is different):

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/forumdisplay.html?f=163

Once you have read the same thing over and over again you will know you are safe to ignore it and that there is no 'fine'.

HTH
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • peter_the_piper
    Options
    Just luv the "appeals" page.
    Full payment with appeal and only original ticket accepted. Money and eveidence in their hands.
    Ignore as always.

The page where they say they will name and shame bad ppc's is:

Blank.
    No surprise there.
    I'd rather be an Optimist and be proved wrong than a Pessimist and be proved right.
  • steve1986
    Options
    Hi, I've received a parking charge notice from the above company for parking "on our client's private property in June,

I parked in the car park but i could not see any signage to say I couldn't park there when i did i have gone back since and had a look and they got a few signs up but not where i parked the closed one i around was 100 meters away . It is asking for £75, reduced to £65 if I pay within 7 days, but increasing to £150 if I wait over 28 days!!

Have i got to pay for this? and is there anyone who has had the same thing?

Thanks

Steve
  • peter_the_piper
    peter_the_piper Posts: 30,268 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    See Post One.
    I'd rather be an Optimist and be proved wrong than a Pessimist and be proved right.
  • taffy056
    taffy056 Posts: 4,895 Forumite
    Options
    See Post One.

Actually post 2 :D
    Excel Parking, MET Parking, Combined Parking Solutions, VP Parking Solutions, ANPR PC Ltd, & Roxburghe Debt Collectors. What do they all have in common?
    They are all or have been suspended from accessing the DVLA database for gross misconduct!
    Do you really need to ask what kind of people run parking companies?
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 132,008 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    As others have said, private tickets are not real PCNs and you don't have to pay them! :D

Watchdog covered this last month, and their legal bod helpfully confirmed what we already know on here about what to do with fake parking tickets (whether you have 'contravened their rules' or not):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XAIcdi9niHA

You will receive debt collector letters telling you to pay up, see examples here of what to ignore:

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/....php?t=2214803

Relax and forget about it, even if you get more letters (as per our examples, we can predict you'll get the same). But to be proactive - if the scam letters get tiresome - you may like to report the company and their debt collectors for harassment:

http://www.nationaldebtline.co.uk/en...=03_harassment

But don't forget this is NOT a debt, NOT a fine, just a mickey mouse ticket. Nothing happens, your credit record is NOT affected, so don't fall for this con!
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • stebiz
    stebiz Posts: 6,590 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Coupon-mad wrote: »
    As others have said, private tickets are not real PCNs and you don't have to pay them! :D

Watchdog covered this last month, and their legal bod helpfully confirmed what we already know on here about what to do with fake parking tickets (whether you have 'contravened their rules' or not):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XAIcdi9niHA

You will receive debt collector letters telling you to pay up, see examples here of what to ignore:

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/....php?t=2214803

Relax and forget about it, even if you get more letters (as per our examples, we can predict you'll get the same). But to be proactive - if the scam letters get tiresome - you may like to report the company and their debt collectors for harassment:

http://www.nationaldebtline.co.uk/en...=03_harassment

But don't forget this is NOT a debt, NOT a fine, just a mickey mouse ticket. Nothing happens, your credit record is NOT affected, so don't fall for this con!

Well put. I posted on here back in December. Received 5 letters, but nothing else has happened. It is now 6 months later.
    Ask me no questions, and I'll tell you no lies
  • peter_the_piper
    peter_the_piper Posts: 30,268 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    taffy056 wrote: »
    Actually post 2 :D

Pedant!!!:rotfl:
  • steve1986
    Options
    Thanks everyone im going to take your advice

Its not like they even sent there letter Recorded or i had to sign for it

so letter what letter!!!;)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts