Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

• divadee
    • By divadee 12th Apr 06, 6:10 PM
    • 10,161Posts
    • 17,499Thanks
    0 WOW
    Magazine offers - 3 for £1, free gifts etc ONLY POST OFFERS HERE
    • 12th Apr 06, 6:10 PM
    0 WOW
    Magazine offers - 3 for £1, free gifts etc ONLY POST OFFERS HERE 12th Apr 06 at 6:10 PM
    This is a continuation of the previous thread here.

The following note is from Martin:

Now I'll probably be struck out of the NUJ for writing this. However magazines use a host of marketing tricks to get us to sign up, and often stay subscribed even if we're not reading their magazines.

Yet active MoneySavers can use this to their advantage. There are lots of different types of deals, but most effectively say "sign up by direct debit" and we'll give you three or six mags for free (or for £1). Sometimes you may get a free gift too.

Their aim

Their aim is you forget to cancel the DD whether you like the mag or not, after all a subscribers a subscriber.

MoneySavers aim

Sign up. Read the mag. Cancel the direct debit at the end of the trial and possibly sign up for another trial with the same magazine all over again. Of course we shouldn't kill the magazine industry. Don't repeat this too often. if you are a loyal follower then get your subscription - it's always substantially cheaper than buying it again and again in a newsagents anyway.

More about the list below

Below is a categorised list of magazines with these type of offers, based on information provided from MoneySavers. It's sectioned into subject categories and sub-sectioned into offer types. Of course offers change, so do check the terms and conditions before you sign up.

Please continue to post your magazine spots and periodically (forgive the pun) we'll update this list

Last edited by Former MSE Natasha; 08-05-2007 at 7:05 PM.
Page 1
    • divadee
    • By divadee 12th Apr 06, 6:35 PM
    • 10,161 Posts
    • 17,499 Thanks
    • 12th Apr 06, 6:35 PM
    • 12th Apr 06, 6:35 PM
    Business & News Related

6 for £1

What Investment

3 months free

Guardian Weekly
    New Internationalist
    Money Observer

4 free issues

3 free issues

Bloomberg Money,
    unlimited magazine,

1 free issue

Money Observer Free Issue

Computing & Technology

3 free issues

Computer Buyer
    Computer Shopper

Discounted Subscriptions

Discounted Subscriptions+ Free Gift

PC Pro
    PC Advisor

Sport & Fitness

Discounted Subscriptions

Four Four Two (Football)
    Mens Health

Discounted + Free gift

Runners World + free sports watch

Menís Magazines

3 for £1

3 Trial issues

Viz plus free gift

2 Trial issues

Discounted Subscription

Discounted + Free gift

Men's Fitness

Womenís Magazines

3 for £1

Discounted Subscriptions

Cosmo Girl
    Cosmo Hair and Beauty
    Prima Baby
    Harpers and Queen
    Marie Claire

Woman and Home

Discounted + Free gifts

Red + free gift
    New Woman + free gift
    Now + free gift

3 for £3

Home and Lifestyle

Country Living
    Good Housekeeping
    Country Homes and Interiors

3 for £1

Ideal Home
    House Beautiful

3 for £3

Gardeners World
    Good Food
    Good Homes

Free gifts

Digital Photo + FreeGift

Nursing Times
    Community Care

Free Issue

Soldier Magazine

Music and entertainment

Free Gifts

Radio Times

3 for £1

What Hi Fi ?

Cancel within six weeks for a FULL refund

Sight & Sound magazine

Classic FM
    Time Out

Car and Motoring

Classic & Sports car
    Two Wheels Only
    MotorSport News

6 free issues

Auto Express

3 for £3

What Car?

Free issue

Gambling Times

3 for £1

Inside Edge

12 issues for £5

Inside Edge - Enter Code SMAX

3 free issues

Flight International

Discounted + Free Gift

Italia today

6 trial issues

The Week

3 for £3 and free gift

Junior + Free Train Set
    Last edited by divadee; 12-04-2006 at 10:32 PM.
    • divadee
    • By divadee 12th Apr 06, 6:42 PM
    • 10,161 Posts
    • 17,499 Thanks
    • 12th Apr 06, 6:42 PM
    • 12th Apr 06, 6:42 PM
    The following magazines offer a 3 issue risk free trial, however, you need to pay the full price upfront and claim the money back after 3 issues

Bizarre Mag 3 free issues plus free T-Shirt

Koi Carp - 3 trial issues - Must pay upfront + Free T-Shirt

The following magazines offer a 6 issue risk free trial, however, you need to pay the full price upfront and claim the money back after 6 issues

London Review of Books 6 issues free, need to claim the money back after 6 issues

AOL access enter keyword Ďmagazinesí and you can get 2 free issues of

25 Beautiful Homes
    Country Homes & Interiors
    Country Life
    Ideal Homes
    Practical Boat Owner
    TV & Satelite Week
    • seabiscuit
    • By seabiscuit 12th Apr 06, 7:59 PM
    • 664 Posts
    • 302 Thanks
    • 12th Apr 06, 7:59 PM
    • 12th Apr 06, 7:59 PM
    New Woman sub offer on the above link is actually for:

Get 6 months of New Woman for £13.50* PLUS get TIGI S Factor Smoothing shampoo & conditioner absolutely FREE!

Minimum term 12 months
    See the stars theyíre shining bright
    Everythingís alright tonight
    • Claudie
    • By Claudie 13th Apr 06, 4:11 PM
    • 1,309 Posts
    • 691 Thanks
    • 13th Apr 06, 4:11 PM
    Psychologies Magazine
    • 13th Apr 06, 4:11 PM
    6 issues for £1

Welcome to Psychologies, the first womenīs magazine that is about what we are really like, not just what we look like. If you are interested in the ways we think, behave, communicate and connect, then this is for you.
    The smallest deed is greater than the grandest intention ~ Anonymous
  • aimeelister
    • 13th Apr 06, 9:33 PM
    • 13th Apr 06, 9:33 PM
    Couldnt find this else where please feel free to delete if repeated.

3 for £1 of Health and Fitness Mag (£8something after that/quarter but you can cancel after the 3), with 16% off the shop price and 13 issues to your door......
    or 0878374722

Source Code C006 (those are zeros)
    • Lucycat
    • By Lucycat 14th Apr 06, 9:31 AM
    • 219 Posts
    • 370 Thanks
    • 14th Apr 06, 9:31 AM
    Benefit Lip Kit with Harper's Bazaar for £6.47 a quarter (first 300 subs)
    • 14th Apr 06, 9:31 AM
    Hello all! Found an offer I hadn't seen before today:

http://tiny* (take out the star before copying it into your browser bar...wouldn't accept it otherwise!)

Benefit lip kit with £6.47 quarterly sub by DD of Harper's Bazaar (apparently this includes membership to the Bazaar VIP club: Exclusive VIP benefits this quarter include:

An invitation to an exclusive Bollinger event
    Discounts on Abercrombie & Kent holidays
    Reductions on Aspinal of London leather goods
    Free samples of Estee Lauder Re-nurtiv Re-Creation Day CrŤme and Night CrŤme, worth £77**)

They're tightening up on the T&C's, though:

*This offer is valid for UK subscriptions only (excluding BFPO addresses), when you pay by direct debit, and is available to the first 300 subscribers. Please allow 28 days for delivery. All orders will be acknowledged and subscribers advised of start issue within 14 days. This subscription may not include all promotional items packaged with the magazine. Initial 12-month non-refundable contract. The normal full UK subscription rate is £43.20 for 12 issues.

Hope this helps someone - I'm eagerly awaiting the next batch of Red/B/Essentials giveaways myself...since none of them *sob* have come through for me!
    Last edited by Lucycat; 14-04-2006 at 9:35 AM.
  • benflynn
    • 14th Apr 06, 1:27 PM
    • 14th Apr 06, 1:27 PM

3 Issues of T3 of 1p

Beats the 3 issues for £1 last month
    Last edited by benflynn; 14-04-2006 at 1:30 PM.
  • Moondancer
    • 17th Apr 06, 3:07 PM
    Bike Mag + free Rainsuit
    • 17th Apr 06, 3:07 PM
    Free Weise Rain Suit when you subscribe!Bike is Britain's bestselling motorcycle magazine. It covers all types of bikes, features astonishing people, takes you on wild adventures and helps you out. It's the world of motorcycling in one magazine. Enjoy!

• Get every issue delivered to your door
    • Save 12% on shop prices
    • Never miss an issue
    • Plus your free Weise Rain Suit worth £29.99
      Total offer worth over £95 ...
    by Quote from website
    6 months direct debit £19.99

The site has different order codes for different sized suits.
    Check HERE
  • Moondancer
    Sea Angler Mag and Free Nordic Reel
    Get a free Nordic Reel!
    • Free delivery of your magazine to the door.
    • Free Nordic Reel
    • Avoid Crowded shops and never miss an issue.
    Please allow 28 working days for delivery of your free gift, offer is limited to the first 300 customers and to the UK only.

Annual Direct Debit (12 issues ) + Free Nordic Reel
    Not sure how long this offer has been running so you may want to check to see if the 300 have gone.

Click HERE
  • Moondancer
    Car Mechanics Mag + free gift
    Subscribe today!Not only will you save money over the year on the
    cover price but you can also choose a FREE gift!News stand price for 12 issues = £39.60
    UK subscription rate = £36.30Choose your FREE gift of either a book from the Car Mechanics range of Kelsey Books or a blinking emergency torch*Hassle free - subscribe by phone, post or online right now using your credit or debit card.* Free gift applies to UK Direct Debit subscriptions only
    Click HERE
    Last edited by Moondancer; 17-04-2006 at 3:49 PM.
  • Moondancer
    Computer Music Mag and free T shirt
    Computer Music
    Free limited edition t-shirt
    Click here to subscribe to Computer Music and receive a free limited edition t-shirt! Choose from two exclusive designs and two sizes. Offer open to overseas readers and UK readers paying by Direct Debit.

An offer not to be missed!
    Quarterly DD £14 click HERE to chose gift and size
  • Moondancer
    Microsoft Windows XP: The Official Magazine DVD
    This looks as if it is a mag on DVD plus a special edition copy of Windows XP magazine as a free gift?

Quarterly Direct Debit + CHoice of FREE Official magazine Special Edition to UK

Blurb From Website given below and click HERE
    Subscribe to Microsoftģ Windowsģ XP: The Official Magazine today for only £17.49 every 3 months by Direct Debit. You'll receive a FREE Microsoftģ Windowsģ XP: The Official Magazine Special Edition of your choice and you'll save 17% off the newsstand price (UK only). That's a saving of £14.41 over one year!
    Microsoft Windows XP: The Official Magazine DVD
    FREE gift when you subscribe by Direct Debit (UK offer only)
    The ultimate guide to getting more from your home computer, Microsoft Windows XP: The Official Magazine is the only home computer magazine officially endorsed by Microsoft. Subscribe today! You'll SAVE 17% on newsstand prices and receive a copy of Windows XP: The Official Magazine Special Edition 'Fix all your PC Problems.'
    Last edited by Moondancer; 17-04-2006 at 3:48 PM. Reason: found better choice of free gift offers
  • Moondancer
    Papercraft Inspirations plus free stamp set

Papercraft Inspirations
    FREE Whispers 40 Pack Mini Stamp Set
    FREE Whispers 40 Pack Mini Stamp Set plus save over 30% off the normal price (worth £19.99).

This is a UK only offer.

£7.50 Quarterly DD + gift, click HERE
  • Moondancer
    Junior + Crabtree and Evelyn gift
    I got this one, it is a really nice gift box, even has a "to/from" label on it. Looks as if the offer is still open Click HERE

Free Crab & Evelyn Gift Cube! While stocks last we will send you a FREE Crabtree & Evelyn Summer Hill Range mini-cube, containing two scented soap bars, talc-free body powder, bath & shower gel and body lotion.

Direct Debit only (every 3 months): £7.99

Offer for new UK Direct Debit subscribers only.
    Last edited by Moondancer; 17-04-2006 at 3:40 PM. Reason: forgot to add link
  • Moondancer
    Fortean Times
    On a 3 for £1 deal, Click HERE

Fortean Times

3 issues for £1
    Then £14.89 every 6 issues

SAVE 31%

Please send me the next 3 issues of Fortean Times for just £1. After 3 issues I understand that my subscription will run at the low rate of just £14.89 every 6 issues saving me 31% on the shop price.

I have completed the Direct Debit instruction below in the understanding that I can cancel my subscription within 2 weeks of receiving my 3rd issue and no further money will be taken from my account. The first 3 issues will be mine to keep whatever I decide.

This offer is only available in the UK.
  • Moondancer
    New VIZ offer
    Email recieved for Viz offer 3 for £1 plus the Butcher's Dustbin Annual (I think this one is different from the trial offer on page 1 but apologies if not)

Edit: forgot to say, I think you can get to this via Quidco cashback.

As a lucky subscriber to Men's Fitness, youíre invited to claim the next 3 issues of Viz Ė ďBritainís favourite toilet readĒ* for just a quid Ė yep, that means youíll enjoy 3 months of the best adult humour Britain has to offer, delivered to your door for just £1.

Nowhere else are we able to laugh so heartily at the state of the world than in Viz. Each issue features old favourites like the Fat Slags, Biffa Bacon and Roger Mellie, not to mention all the other hilarious gags and profanities we all know and love.

But thatís not all!

Free Annual - Worth £10.99
    The world-renowned Viz annual Ė ĎThe Butcherís Dustbiní is yours FREE when you take up your 3 issues for £1 offer. Featuring the best of the best itíll have you laughing for minutes. Find out more

Your Offer
    If youíre not completely happy with Viz, no problem! Just cancel within 2 weeks of getting your 3rd issue and youíll pay no more than the £1 already debited. The 3 issues and Viz annual are yours to keep, whatever you decide.

Limited Offer - reply today
    Call 0845 126 1053 now to reserve your FREE copy of The Butcherís Dustbin and order your 3 issues for £1, remember to quote code N0605XMEN. Or click here to take up the offer online.
    Last edited by Moondancer; 19-04-2006 at 12:05 PM.
    • lewpster
    • By lewpster 19th Apr 06, 2:13 PM
    • 1,649 Posts
    • 7,025 Thanks
    Go to & then subscribe as the offer still works that way!

Lewpy x
  • Moondancer
    Fortean Times,
    On a 3 for £1 deal, Click HERE
    by Moondancer
    Alternate FT offer going via Quidco, if you go into the Magazine Group via the £4.80 cashback offer you get to the Ideal Homes offer page. Type Fortean Times into the search box at the top of the page or dind it in the A-Z menu and it takes you to a 3 issues for £3 offer! HERE

£3 - £4.80 cashback = £1.80 + 3 free mags.

There is some discussion on this in the discussion thread
  • Testee
    Woman & Home plus free OPI Avoplex Nail Care Collection worth £29
    Subscribe to Woman & Home on a three-monthly DD for £7.25 and receive a free OPI Avoplex Nail Care Collection worth £29. I can't work out exactly what's included in this collection but as I like the magazine and I love OPI products for me it's a good deal.

or call 0845 676 7778 and quote 57B
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim's to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

315Posts Today

1,245Users online

Martin's Twitter