Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
Page 1
  • maxiscot
    • 6th Apr 06, 1:13 AM
    • 6th Apr 06, 1:13 AM
    Don't know where you are in the country but I had a garden clearance, a cherry tree seriously chopped back, removed a fir tree, removed a clematis and supplied and installed a new fence - we are in london, it was a day's work and cost 240. They also took away all the rubbish - it was a lot of work so I think your quote is quite a lot HTH
    • Tom_Jones
    • By Tom_Jones 6th Apr 06, 5:03 PM
    • 1,449 Posts
    • 2,255 Thanks
    Tom_Jones
    • 6th Apr 06, 5:03 PM
    • 6th Apr 06, 5:03 PM
    Well maxiscot I doubt if the people you employed paid tax or paid for the rubbish from your property to be disposed of properly, more likely it was dumped on the side of a quiet road.

In answer to ribenagirl if the person you are employing is a qualified arborist then 150 is reasonable, it cost us 60 for 10 conifers to be trimmed by about 2 ft last year, it took them 25 mins
  • ribenagirl
    • 6th Apr 06, 5:23 PM
    Thank you!
    • 6th Apr 06, 5:23 PM
    I probably should have added (a) that we're near Birmingham and (b) that they think it will take them 20 minutes to do the conifers and 1 /2 hours to do the tree. The guy is a qualified tree surgeon. We have tried to get other quotes but noone seems to want to come out, which is why we thought it must be a smallish job and therefore 150 felt like a lot.

I am going to ring the guy back and see if he'll haggle down any? Many thanks for your help, it's appreciated x