Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    Penny Pound
    Loading bay rules and fines? Advice please
    • 26th May 09, 2:58 PM
    Loading bay rules and fines? Advice please 26th May 09 at 2:58 PM
    Hi everyone, my first posting.
    I am appealing against two PCN's issued by my council (using CCTV). They state that I parked in a loading bay during restricted hours without loading. If I go through with you what I've written, could anyone please advise on whether I need to say anything else, or differently?
    1. I was unloading, taking heavy bags of books into the charity shop next to the bay. The manager is happy to write me a supporting letter. I donate books there once or twice a week.
    2. The street sign only says 'Loading Bay'. There are no time restrictions on it. Shouldn't there be, if I'm apparently contravening them?
    3. The photo image is actually of my car halfway off the bay as I'm leaving it, not of it parked there. If they're offering the image as evidence against me, it should be of my car actually parked there, surely? (There's a lampost in between the bay and the CCTV camera, preventing it being able to take a proper photo).

I'd be very grateful for any comments/advice.

Penny Pound
Page 1
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim's to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

5,414Posts Today

10,021Users online

Martin's Twitter