Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

    Tax credits renewal help - childcare vouchers
    • #1
    • 17th May 09, 12:34 PM
    Tax credits renewal help - childcare vouchers 17th May 09 at 12:34 PM
    Hi, I'm trying to fill in the Tax credits renewal form and where i've got to put the income from employment figure in, i'm confused as to what to put. I've got my P60 and would normally put that figure in, but i've read several times on this forum that if you claim the childcare vouchers from your employer, which I do (the maximun 243 Busy bee vouchers) then you can deduct this from the value of income from your P60, as it's classed as a salary sacrifice.

    The 243 gets taken out of my wages before tax is paid.

    Before I do this I want to make sure it is correct. I've been on the Tax credits website and looked under the part about how to work out what figure to use as total income and there is a section on what you can deduct and these childcare vouchers aren't mentioned.

    So before I put in an income figure, can anyone advise if you can / cannot deduct the amount of childcare vouchers. Thanks.
Page 1
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim's to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,416Posts Today

7,045Users online

Martin's Twitter