Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • minnie123
    • By minnie123 15th Apr 09, 9:55 PM
    • 2,032Posts
    • 11,659Thanks
    minnie123
    Ebay buyers getting worse - what to do in this case?
    • 15th Apr 09, 9:55 PM
    Ebay buyers getting worse - what to do in this case? 15th Apr 09 at 9:55 PM
    Hi I am really noticing a lot of buyers taking the pee recently. I sold a jumper the 5th April I only wore it once was in perfect condition a buyer won the item for 99p. She didn't pay then on the 6th day she emailed asking what material the jumper was made from. I said I was unsure as I had cut the label out. Still no payment so on the 8th day I start an unpaid dispute. Today she has emailed me this

"Hiya, i asked what material the above top is made from and you replied you didn't know! As you can't advise me of this, i would like you to cancel my bid and cancel the unpaid item. Thank you"

Now in my opinion a buyer should ask all questions prior to bidding on an item. The item only sold for 99p so it's not a case of the money, but I don't wish to cancel the transaction because I don't think buyers should be able to keep bidding then changing their mind.

Can I just wait until enough days have passed to give her an unpaid strike? Can she leave me negative if I do that? What would you do? :confused:

Cheers
    Eleventh Heaven (#123):
Page 1
    • soolin
    • By soolin 15th Apr 09, 9:56 PM
    • 57,045 Posts
    • 40,251 Thanks
    soolin
    • 15th Apr 09, 9:56 PM
    • 15th Apr 09, 9:56 PM
    She can leave you a neg whatever you do, personally I would go for a full strike on the basis that as she is TSFE she'll probably not last long as a bidder anyway.
    I'm the Board Guide for the Ebay Board , Charities Board , Dosh & Disability , Up Your Income and the Local MoneySaving-England board which means I'm a volunteer to help the boards run smoothly, and I can move posts there. However, do remember, board guides don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (it's not part of my role to deal with this). Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com
    New to Forum? Guide
    • minnie123
    • By minnie123 15th Apr 09, 10:06 PM
    • 2,032 Posts
    • 11,659 Thanks
    minnie123
    • 15th Apr 09, 10:06 PM
    • 15th Apr 09, 10:06 PM
    I think you are right - if she had emailed straight away apologised and asked to cancel the bid in a polite manner I would have probably obliged. But her emails are like she expects whatever she wants - it doesn't matter who she messes about. Sorry to sound thick but what does TSFE stand for Soolin?
    Eleventh Heaven (#123):
  • JemJam
    • 15th Apr 09, 10:08 PM
    • 15th Apr 09, 10:08 PM
    I'd def strike too, it's up to the buyer to ask questions before they bid not after; some people have no common sense about things?!
    Debt which IS NOW GONE before 31.12.2011: CC - GONE!!! Loan: GONE!!
    • soolin
    • By soolin 15th Apr 09, 10:09 PM
    • 57,045 Posts
    • 40,251 Thanks
    soolin
    • 15th Apr 09, 10:09 PM
    • 15th Apr 09, 10:09 PM
    TSFE - Too Stupid for Ebay.

Don't forget that if she is daft enough to do this to you she may well be a serial TSFE and already have strikes. Make sure you have your seller references to exclude these bidders from your aucitons in future:

Start from here to set buyer requirements to exclude overseas bidders or bidders with NPB strikes etc.

http://offer.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?BuyerBlockPreferences
    I'm the Board Guide for the Ebay Board , Charities Board , Dosh & Disability , Up Your Income and the Local MoneySaving-England board which means I'm a volunteer to help the boards run smoothly, and I can move posts there. However, do remember, board guides don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (it's not part of my role to deal with this). Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com
    New to Forum? Guide
  • bluebell_lily
    • 15th Apr 09, 10:10 PM
    • 15th Apr 09, 10:10 PM
    I think you are right - if she had emailed straight away apologised and asked to cancel the bid in a polite manner I would have probably obliged. But her emails are like she expects whatever she wants - it doesn't matter who she messes about. Sorry to sound thick but what does TSFE stand for Soolin?
    Originally posted by minnie123
    Too
    Stupid
    For
    EBay

Have you also blocked her in your Blocked Bidders List?
    • minnie123
    • By minnie123 15th Apr 09, 10:12 PM
    • 2,032 Posts
    • 11,659 Thanks
    minnie123
    • 15th Apr 09, 10:12 PM
    • 15th Apr 09, 10:12 PM
    Thanks - she has bad feedback already from selling so maybe my strike will get her kicked off!!

It's a shame you can't see if people have strikes already.
    Eleventh Heaven (#123):
    • soolin
    • By soolin 15th Apr 09, 10:17 PM
    • 57,045 Posts
    • 40,251 Thanks
    soolin
    • 15th Apr 09, 10:17 PM
    • 15th Apr 09, 10:17 PM
    Set your seller rpeferences and then every now and then log in safely and then (only when logged in safely) go to this link:

http://offer.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?BuyerRequirementsActivityLog&guest=1

and see how many people have failed to be able to bid on your auctions. It is quite suprising

I've just checked mine and I have someone blocked due to too many unpaid item strikes and they have almost 700 feedback! others tend to be around the 100 mark.
    New to Forum? Guide
    • Hintza
    • By Hintza 15th Apr 09, 11:09 PM
    • 18,292 Posts
    • 12,230 Thanks
    Hintza
    • 15th Apr 09, 11:09 PM
    • 15th Apr 09, 11:09 PM
    BUT

How can you list an item of clothing without stating the material? One if my pet hates is not knowing whether a shirt is cotton or poly/cotton.
    • minnie123
    • By minnie123 15th Apr 09, 11:18 PM
    • 2,032 Posts
    • 11,659 Thanks
    minnie123
    BUT

How can you list an item of clothing without stating the material? One if my pet hates is not knowing whether a shirt is cotton or poly/cotton.
    Originally posted by Hintza
    How?? well you just go into ebay, click sell, write your listing and on the bit that says material leave it blank.

The end of the day it is down to the buyer to make a decision on if they want to bid on the item or not, depending on the info they have got from the listing, or asking the seller a question.
    Eleventh Heaven (#123):
  • chja
    How?? well you just go into ebay, click sell, write your listing and on the bit that says material leave it blank.

The end of the day it is down to the buyer to make a decision on if they want to bid on the item or not, depending on the info they have got from the listing, or asking the seller a question.
    Originally posted by minnie123
    Spot on.

Did you have any other bidders that you could make a 2nd chance offer too ?
    • FloFlo
    • By FloFlo 16th Apr 09, 8:08 AM
    • 32,140 Posts
    • 211,039 Thanks
    FloFlo
    Did they reply through the unpaid dispute console if they reply through th dispute then they can leave a negative. If they havent replied through the console by the 8th day you can give them a strike close the unpaid dispute and they cant leave a negative as if they do ebay will remove it.
    • minnie123
    • By minnie123 16th Apr 09, 11:06 AM
    • 2,032 Posts
    • 11,659 Thanks
    minnie123
    Did they reply through the unpaid dispute console if they reply through th dispute then they can leave a negative. If they havent replied through the console by the 8th day you can give them a strike close the unpaid dispute and they cant leave a negative as if they do ebay will remove it.
    Originally posted by FloFlo
    They didn't reply through the console - they did the "ask seller a question". I haven't replied I am just waiting until I can strike them. I'm glad ebay will remove the negative I have got 700 plus feedback 100% positive. I know a negative is going to happen one day the way ebay is getting but I want to try and avoid it.
    Eleventh Heaven (#123):
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim's to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

6,152Posts Today

5,554Users online

Martin's Twitter