PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Tuna pasta bake

Options
believe it or not I have never made this before, although tuna and pasta with mayo is regular in our house.

So what do you put in your pasta bake?

I have
3 small tins of tuna
leek
carrots
maushrooms
tinned tomatos
beans ?
tin of new potatos
cheese

and butter,milk, flour for a sauce if needed.

Any ideas great appreciated :D

Comments

• madame_cholet
    Options
    Hi Kymbo
    The recipe I use is as follows:

Cook 1 cup macaroni or pasta shapes, drain. Put in a bowl with
    1 tin tuna, drained
    1 cup of sieved tomatoes
    0.5 cup cottage cheese
    0.25 cup natural yogurt
    1 small onion, finely chopped.

Mix it up, put it into a greased casserole dish and bake at 180C for 30 mins.

Hope that helps. Bon appetit!
    Be the change you want to see ;)
  • Idiophreak
    Idiophreak Posts: 12,024 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    We use pasta, tuna, sweetcorn, white or cheese sauce, scattering of cheese over the top - 2 minutes under a hot grill, job done :)
  • bluetimone97
    Options
    I use pasta, tuna, tomato puree, milk, dried mix herbs, crisps(on the top whilst baking) and a sprinkling of cheese on the top.
    Real men never follow instructions; after all they are just the manufacturer's opinion on how to put something together. :p
  • craftymummy_2
    Options
    I just cook some plain pasta, mix that with a tin of mushroom soup, tin of tune and some sweetcorn. Put grated cheese on top and put it in the oven just to warm it thru and melt the cheese. Sometimes i'll put some crushed crisps under the cheese. Yummy
  • Boodle
    Boodle Posts: 1,050 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    You can probably tell already there are hundreds of ways to prepare a tuna pasta bake, depending on what you like :) Simply passata with oregano mixed with the tuna and pasta is a nice one - just top with cheese and grill or bake. For a creamier version we make a white sauce then add a dollop of ketchup and paprika with loads of black pepper to flavour it (concocted in the days when weaning DH off packet sauce mixes ;) ) then stir in the tuna, sweetcorn (nice with broccoli for a change too) and cooked pasta. Pop into a dish and top with grated cheese and grill or bake as preferred til melted.
    Love and compassion to all x
  • kymbo82
    kymbo82 Posts: 103 Forumite
    Options
    thanks, I'm going to see what I can come of with..thanks for you're idea's
  • angelavdavis
    angelavdavis Posts: 4,714 Forumite
    Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    Idiophreak wrote: »
    We use pasta, tuna, sweetcorn, white or cheese sauce, scattering of cheese over the top - 2 minutes under a hot grill, job done :)

I do the same!
    :D Thanks to MSE, I am mortgage free!:D
  • Lyger
    Lyger Posts: 116 Forumite
    Options
    I do mine with a tin of condensed mushroom soup, some milk, 1 red pepper, 1 onion, 1 small tin of sweetcorn, 1 tin of tuna, a pinch of curry powder, some pepper to seaon and 200g pasta shells. I always grate some cheese ready, stir half of it into the mix, and top the bake with the remaining cheese.
    This is not an automated signature - I type this after every post.
  • Caterina
    Caterina Posts: 5,919 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Any old veg kicking in the fridge, chopped and sauteed, mixed with tinned tomato, cooked to a sauce. Mixed with cooked pasta and tinned tuna, layered in baking dish with cheese in the middle and on top. Baked until cheese on top bubbles.

An interesting addition is fresh chopped parsley mixed in the sauce before putting in oven, save a little to sprinkle on top after baking (adds vitamins and iron).
    Finally I'm an OAP and can travel free (in London at least!).
  • Patchwork_Quilt
    Options
    I cook my veg with the pasta, or steam it on top of the pan.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure