Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    maverick1984
    Setting up my own Mobile food van round
    • 13th Feb 09, 5:32 PM
    Setting up my own Mobile food van round 13th Feb 09 at 5:32 PM
    Good evening all,

My first ever post so please be kind. Hopefully its in the right section.

I have been thinking of starting up my own mobile sandwich/snack van round. You may recognise the types - small van with a silver box on the back and a real jazzy horn, Goes around industrial estates and offices selling sandwiches, sausage rolls, crisps, sweets etc etc.

I am not sure of how to go about it and in what order. I understand that i will need to buy one of these vehicles, get insurance (vehicle and public liability??) Some sort of cash and carry (how do i become a member) to get the stock etc etc.

What sort of money should i expect to pay for a clean van? Do i need to get permission to go to certain places?

Would anyone be kind enough to offer their valuable advice to me.

Many thanks in advance.
Page 1
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim's to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,129Posts Today

7,778Users online

Martin's Twitter