3G - International Saver - BEWARE!!

Options
Please BEWARE of 3G when they offer you their International Saver Package. I phoned in to cancel my contract in Aug 08 and as usual they tried to keep a customer and made me an unresistable offer of 15pounds for 3000 minutes to phone MALAYSIA (my home country). I took the offer, all chaffed. Start phoning my mum, my aunties, my long lost friends, etc only to get a text 3 weeks later to advice me that I have reached my credit limit.

Complaint and they blamed me for not telling them what country code that I was phoning - just saying Malaysia is not good enough. I complaint to 3G Executive Office - no joy- I complaint to Otelo- no joy as they direct me back to 3G but this time to a specific person. I am still not done with 3G yet but now 3G is send debt collector on me eventhough we are in dispute of the 300 pounds bill still complaining to 3G - my next step is OFCOM.

Just beware of 3G. I did not even get a written contract after the new contract was set up!:mad:

Comments

• Dime_Bar
    Options
    I can only find one country code for Malaysia +60, what country code where you calling?
    The only way of finding the limits of the possible is by going beyond them into the impossible.
    Arthur C. Clarke
  • charliewalsh
    Options
    +60, but they told me there are other codes and mine wasn't included on their International Saver - later they said, Malaysia mobile is not included but that has not been made clear at all!! All the woman told me was ,"Yes, Malaysia is on the list" - Are you sure? Normally Malaysia has no phone deals. Yes, Malaysia is on the list - I have checked, replied that woman - so I signed up. Mis Information and Mis Selling of Product!
  • Dime_Bar
    Options
    Most companies do make a distinction between landline and mobile calls. Have you asked that they listen to the call? Send an email to the chief execs office, you can find the address on the web. I have found them helpful in the past.

Also its always good advice when starting any new service with three keep checking you My3 for your current spend, this should stop people falling into the same trap.
    The only way of finding the limits of the possible is by going beyond them into the impossible.
    Arthur C. Clarke
  • iceburn
    iceburn Posts: 680 Forumite
    First Post
    Options
    http://www.three.co.uk/Products_Services/Planet_3/Service_detail?content_aid=1214306516564

Satellite?blobcol=urldata&blobheader=image%2Fgif&blobkey=id&blobtable=MungoBlobs&blobwhere=1223553508688&ssbinary=true
    Add International Saver

Unlimited* calls from UK to 31 destinations
    What is it?

With Add International Saver, you can make unlimited* calls for just £15 a month to 31 destinations. Prefix 388 must be dialled before the international number (eg 38800613xx).

"Specific destinations, Fair Use policy and conditions apply.
    Why have it?

If you frequently call abroad, you can save with this add-on. International Saver lets you call standard landline & mobile numbers in Canada, China, Hong Kong, Hawaii, Puerto Rico, Singapore, Thailand and the USA.

You can also call from the UK to standard landlines only in: Australia, Austria, Azores, Belgium, Denmark, France, Germany, Italy, Ireland, Japan, Luxembourg, Malaysia, Madeira, Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, South Korea and Taiwan."

It is common knowledge as stated most do not include mobiles. Have a look at talktalk, sky, Tiscali, etc etc... I feel u actually did not make it clear you are calling Mobile in Malaysia. Just said I want to call "malaysia." As other person said your best solution is to ask them to play back the recording, if they did say mobile was included you have a case to complain.
  • charliewalsh
    Options
    I did not know that landline and mobile is different and 3 did not make it clear either. The just say 'Malaysia' and did not say it's only for landline. I am not familiar with such service and never thought it's going to be different. It is their responsibilities and duties to make it absolutely clear to experienced customers like yourself and inexperienced customers like me, understood the terms and conditions of the package. They definitely takes the time to read me all the disclaimers and contract conditions over the phone, why not make it absolutely clear that mobile is not included or ask, what code am I dialling? It's all done on assumptions.
  • xplora
    xplora Posts: 156 Forumite
    Options
    Hi,

I'm Malaysian too, and i am sorry to hear that. Unfortunately, http://www.three.co.uk/Products_Services/Planet_3/Service_detail?content_aid=1214306516564 is clearly written on the website that only landline is included in unlimited. Unless you recorded the call, otherwise you only can argue with them as "verbal agreement" because the product has been clearly written but just that the words is small until nobody realise that.

Unfortunately, there is no such thing as "free" unlimited call to Malaysia mobile but I would suggest you to go voipbuster.com, It allows you to do free PC-Phone or Phone(020 london number gateway) -Phone call (free unlimited landline 3 months) after you topup 10 euros with them. Then you can use 10 euros for mobile. about 0.04 cents (euro) per minute.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure