Main site > MoneySavingExpert.com Forums > Household & Travel > Praise, Vent & Warnings > Argos - Head office number please (Page 1)

IMPORTANT! This is MoneySavingExpert's open forum - anyone can post

Please exercise caution & report any spam, illegal, offensive, racist, libellous post to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com

• Be nice to all MoneySavers
  • All the best tips go in the MoneySavingExpert weekly email

Plus all the new guides, deals & loopholes

• No spam/referral links
or Login with Facebook
Argos - Head office number please
Closed Thread
Views: 58,568
# 1
A little stressed!!
Old 10-02-2009, 10:39 AM
Serious MoneySaving Fan

Default Argos - Head office number please

Hi, does anyone have a contact number for head office please? I'm getting nowhere with customer services, I'm not trying to make a complaint I'm just trying to get an issue resolved! Or someone really good to ask for at CS because at the moment both myself and Argos are losing out!!
I'm getting older, and lifes getting harder!
# 2
djb215
Old 10-02-2009, 6:24 PM
MoneySaving Stalwart

'fraid there's no telephone number for complaints at head office.
Give CS a ring and ask to speak to a supervisor or a manager see if that resolves the problem?

Writing to H/O would be the best bet:

Argos Ltd.
489 - 499 Avebury Boulevard
Saxon Gate West
Central Milton Keynes
MK9 2NW

HTH
[DISCLAIMER: Any posts made by myself are my opinions and do not represent my employer]

God put me on Earth to acomplish a certain number of things.
Right now I am so far behind I will probably never be allowed to die!
The Following User Says Thank You to djb215 For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 3
samhardy
Old 10-02-2009, 10:34 PM
MoneySaving Convert

As djb215 said, head office don't deal with complaints so much - it's all done through customer services. You might get somewhere with writing to them, but they will check up on the case most likely to see how far you've gone with customer services and if you haven't used them so much, you'll just be forwarded on to them and get a reply from them.
Argos Staff Member.
I'll gladly help with any queries - but if you have any problems and need to get some real guidance, go back to your local store or contact customer services (argos.co.uk).
The Following User Says Thank You to samhardy For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 4
A little stressed!!
Old 11-02-2009, 9:02 AM
Serious MoneySaving Fan

I got through to the MD's office on the phone and spoke to his admin team who came to a deal with me.
Thanks anyway
# 5
solventsue
Old 18-02-2009, 3:23 PM
MoneySaving Newbie

Default Argos Head Office telephone number

I see someone has supplied the address. The telephone number I got through on was this one ...

0845 124 0044
The Following User Says Thank You to solventsue For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 6
heatherw_01
Old 29-07-2009, 10:19 AM
Fantastically Fervent MoneySaving Super Fan

Hi, Martin’s asked me to post this in these circumstances: I’ve asked Board Guides to move threads if they’ll receive a better response elsewhere(please see this rule) so this post/thread has been moved to another board, where it should get more replies. If you have any questions about this policy please email abuse@moneysavingexpert.com.
I'm the Board Guide on Quick Grabbit, Freebies, Overseas Holidays & Travel Planning and the UK Holidays, Days Out & Entertainments boards. I'm a volunteer to help the boards run smoothly, and I can move and merge posts there. Board guides are not moderators and don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (it's not part of my role to deal with this). Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com.
# 7
A little stressed!!
Old 29-07-2009, 10:22 AM
Serious MoneySaving Fan

But the normal helpline number is carp and no1 has authority to do ANYTHING! MD's office got me £20 more than call centre offered & if I didn't REALLY need the faulty product (£180) then I still wud'v told them 2 shove it!
# 8
ukdangerous2
Old 31-07-2009, 9:41 AM
MoneySaving Newbie

Talking Argos Head Office for Argos Direct

I have been having huge problems with a delivery of bunk beds via Argos Direct and was ready to launch Argos as far as possible ... however having spoken to a manager (Alex ) at the escalation department on 01785 710253 (Argos have two departments for head office - one for the stores and one for Argos direct) he has granted compensation for the problems incurred and more important sorted out by boys beds in part.

Always keep on at them because if you don't they will take and take and take. As they say the customer is always right !

Last edited by MSE ForumTeam3; 30-11-2009 at 11:22 AM.
# 9
bluemoonbob
Old 05-09-2009, 10:17 AM
MoneySaving Newbie

Default They dont get any better

Im having problems with argos (again)
spoke to a very supercilious manager called Sebastian this morning who instists they have done nothing wrong
Nothing that is apart from advertising a set of sofas as 3-5 days delivery then after taking my money and saying "give the delivery guys a call on monday" advise me that its at least 21 days before they get any in stock.(ordered 18 days ago)
Guess whos going to be getting a call on monday
Many thanks for sharing the info
# 10
Stress bunny
Old 06-10-2009, 10:53 AM
MoneySaving Newbie

Thumbs down They Wont Help..?!

Im heartbroken ! My husband and I are finding it hard as only he is working whilst I stay at home with the baby. We couldn't afford a holiday this year but did decide ,as we couldnt go away anywhere , on buying a 42inch Hitachi Tv from ARGOS for £399.

After first month the picture kept going and sound as well. I thought it was HDMI cable but my husband kept looking at it and it corrected itself.Last week sound went for the whole night and (we have SKY) there was no sound on digital either(terrestrial).

We phoned up ARGOS thinking they would be helpful and understand but to our dismay they DONT have to refund OR offer an exchange. I was told an engineer was due out last friday but he phoned us to say he couldnt make it until TODAY (Tuesday). Our tv has been fine,thankfully all weekend but as I said it is intermittent.

I got a follow-up call from ARGOS to say how did the engineer do on the call out but when I explained he had not been out yet and my conerns if he couldnt find fault (intermittent) he gave me AFTERSALES number.

I phoned them today and got some VERY unhelpful,rude and uncaring girl who said I should have read terms and conditions -bascally blaming me for not reading it and they dont have to replace it or exchange it. I told her if the enginner couldnt find a fault-as it doesnt happen all the time she said we would get the Television BACK.

UGH....So not only apparently is it OUR fault for not reading T&C's we may get this television back if the tv behaves itself while he has it.

I would NEVER recommend ARGOS for electrical things.If we bought a toy and it broke im pretty sure they would exchange it.I mean my Husband and I would PAY MORE for one that worked...im so crestfallen.,
My father having worked for a massive retail company as Head Manager I know how to give good customer service and ARGOS have not deliverd on ANY level so far. As long as they have MY money they dont care !

Not a happy bunny..I always shopped at ARGOS a for Toys, household things but I may never, ever shop there again ! I would love to tell them how to handle staff in their Aftersales office becuase if customers are angry and turn to them for help and they throw it back in their face...it shows their Customer Service training does not exist and IF THEY CONTINUE TO READ SCRIPTS OUT TO CUSTOMERS OVER PHONE THEY MAY AS WELL RUN AUDITIONS FOR A TV SHOW !

N.B. Our television was bought delivered on the 23rd of June...had problems throughout july/august and went worse on september. Why oh why do they not employ friendly staff who even if they cant help tell you "Im so sorry you are having to go through this maybe this would help".. Utterly annoyed. My husband works for SKY so knows about televisions and cables..i'm crying with annoyance ! I have been trained in Customer Services for very well known companies and at high standards too. The companies I have worked for would NEVER treat customers like we have been treated.They would lose customers this way and they know it. Furthermore in this climate where companies are having to rely on customer loyalty to shop you perhaps think it would make sense for them to show how effeciant they are in dealing with problems..not blame the customers ignorance !

Last edited by Stress bunny; 06-10-2009 at 11:08 AM. Reason: spelling errors
# 11
lindylops
Old 09-10-2009, 3:38 PM
MoneySaving Newbie

Default Why oh why have I ordered sofa's from Argos??

Ordered 2 sofas from Argos 13th September, both delivery WITHIN 28 DAYS, paid in full and was told I would get acknowledgment later that day...no acknowledgement...4 days later I had to phone (oh yes..usual 0845 cost you a fortune number) and after afurther 5 emails got my acknowledgement and order number.

28th day...no phone calls with delivery date...yes you guessed it...IVE HAD TO PHONE THEM...AGAIN...ONLY TO BE TOLD...USUAL CRAP..BEEN LET DOWN BY THE SUPPLIERS NOW WILL GET A DATE BY 18TH OCTOBER...FUNNY THING IS I checked the web site for stock and what they are stating at the moment is delivery WITHIN 7 DAYS which would mean delivery BEFORE 18TH.

CLEARLY ARGOS HAS NOW BROKEN MY AGREEMENT WHICH WAS WITHIN 28 DAYS DELIVERY, THEY ARE CLEARLY MISLEEDING THE PUBLIC EVEN AS WE SPEAK BY FALSE ADVERTISING....

TO BE FAIR THO....THEY DID REFUND ME THE £5.80 DELIVERY CHARGE...OR AT LEAST THEY HAVE SAID THEY WOULD....PARDON THAT I DONT JUMP FOR JOY...PROBABLY COST ME £30 IN PHONE CALLS!!

THEY HAVE OFFERED TO REFUND IN FULL FOR ME TO CANCEL..BUT HAVING WAITED A MONTH I WOULD BE BACK TO SQUARE ONE WITH ANOTHER SUITE COMPANY AND THEY KNOW THAT.....

MY HUSBAND HAS JUST ARRIVED HOME FROM WORK AND SAID SAME THING HAPPENED TO A COLLEAGUE...DONT ORDER....

Last edited by MSE ForumTeam3; 30-11-2009 at 11:25 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to lindylops For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 12
andrewfl290
Old 06-09-2010, 10:58 AM
MoneySaving Newbie

Default Letting Off Steam About Argos

Talk about getting frustrated. I bought a TV from Clearance Bargains on Ebay, the Argos Ebay shop. I needed to return it as a fault developed, no problem contacting them at the time, that was 6 weeks ago I have since heard nothing. About 10 days or so ago I tried to make contact to find out the status of my repair, the phone no I had rang out with no reply, I have tried at least 6 times with the same result. I have sent 3 e-mails all with the same result, a standard reply pointing me in the direction of their FAQ page. I have even sent a question via their Ebay messages, no reply.

On Friday (it's now Monday) I contacted Argos customer service, in 25 minutes I spoke to 3 people who said that the Ebay site was nothing to do with them, the 3rd customer service representative eventually said she would pass my details on and that I would be contacted within 12 hours. Did that happen....nope.

Today I used the 01785 no from an earlier post and spoke to someone who made sense and not the drivel from customer service. He managed to transfer me to the dept. I needed and I actually spoke to someone who knew what I was talking about, she couldn't find my details mind you although she did promise to ring back.....

To my mind this is disgraceful service and has put me off using Argos again. The TV was the best price I could find at the time and I thought I would get good service from them, not so sadly. The worst of it is that those answering the phone on customer service can only go so far as to give me a phone no that I already have and that I can't get through on. Totally ridiculous.

Andrew
# 13
Steve an Sal
Old 22-12-2010, 10:56 AM
MoneySaving Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by solventsue View Post
I see someone has supplied the address. The telephone number I got through on was this one ...

0845 124 0044

Thanks sue, did the trick.
# 14
moc247
Old 05-12-2011, 1:43 PM
MoneySaving Convert

Talking faulty washing machine after 18mths and no warrenty

the short story is i bought a new washing machine from argos £250 18months ago and it blew up basically the kitchen was full of smoke and smelled awful so i phoned the customer services line to be told to get an independent engineers report and if it wasn't my fault i would be re-embursed for the report and the washing machine, trouble was i didnt have the £30-50 this report costs as i am on an extremley tight budget especially at this time of year as i have two children and look after one 24/7 as she is disabled so i got in touch ith consumer direct they gave me the sale of good act letter to send which i did but argos said the did not recieve the email/post although recorded or the fax i sent . TYPICAL I THOUGHT!!

so i read a post on here and thought i would try the 017 number given above and the man on the phone understood my position and he gave me £275 to spend on a new machine so fingers crossed it ill come soon as this washing pile is getting bigger by the second, thanks to the person who gave the number and thanks to the sense of the manager who done me this huge christmas miricleit as the situation was more than stressing me out and frustrating me, it made me ill and i couldnt sleep worrying about it, how stupid you probably thinkits a washing machine but this is what happened to me

hope this helps
michelle x
# 15
catfacecat
Old 18-01-2012, 1:25 PM
MoneySaving Newbie

Default Argos Ebay - Store do not use ! FAULTY GOODS

Ive had a very unpleasant experience with the argos ebay store I purchased a SAMSUNG PL201 14MP (cost £69.69) for my mums birthday, when it arrived the lens wouldn't come out of the camera correctly and showed the error replace battery so I did and the next time I turned it on it was fine.

I took it to spain where my mum lives. When we tried it it done the same thing but as I was under the impression I had a 12 month warranty I didn't send it back for a month when I got back to england and didn't use it in this time.

Argos then offered to fix the camera. 1 month later I was then hit with a bill for repair £52.39!!!!!. On phoning 0845 656 4198 and the number not working I got a bit worried. I then phoned the original number and eventually got through I was told that there was nothing they could do and were not prepared to refund or repair and the best I could do is get the camera back. So now I am stuck with a broken camera that i have used once. I would not recommend argos ebay store to anyone and Im pretty sure they send out returned goods not just old stock reading the comment on this post Im almost sure of it.

DO NOT SHOP WITH ARGOS EBAY STORE Just got to the store if you have to and pay the extra I wish I had.
# 16
bluenose46
Old 11-06-2012, 11:59 AM
MoneySaving Newbie

Default Argos helpful tel no

I have a number for Argos complaints,and the girl I dealt with was actually helpful,the number is 01785 710253 .Please note this number does not cover "white goods"but it does cover what they call "2 man deliveries" i.e. large and heavy stuff,best of luck as I have had the run around for a week,but am now sorted. One word of advice,when purchasing an item for home delivery ask for a definite timeline,i.e. 1 week to 3 weeks,as their interdepartmental communication is non existent, and you may be waiting a lot longer than you bargained for,but never take no for an answer,good luck people,you may need it
The Following User Says Thank You to bluenose46 For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 17
sirmarcus
Old 11-06-2012, 3:06 PM
PPR
Serious MoneySaving Fan

Instead of paying money to phone or write to Argos, my advice is to
escalate and complain via email to the Argos CEO. I think that his first name is John.

Then wait 3 working days for a response.

To find the CEO's email address, do a google search with "ceoemail argos", select the first entry displayed in the search list and then search for "argos". With luck this should work.

Good luck and HTHs.
# 18
Bankssuck
Old 23-07-2012, 1:18 PM
MoneySaving Newbie

Thanks Bluenose i rang the number you gave and spoke to a helpful man who had common sense. I know very rare indeed. My delivery was due 3 days ago on 21st july but a computer glitch caused it to be missed. Man admitted that it was not true..'They'd made a mistake..Wow. Only delivery date now 1st Aug but he said he would follow up and try to get an earlier delivery for me.Will wait and see what happens next.
# 19
andrea potts
Old 03-09-2012, 12:53 PM
MoneySaving Newbie

Default argos

I got my son 2 different ben 10 watches from argos hes 3 years old so they both broke i thought i could just bring them back and change them over as they were faulty but without a resicept they said no my son was in tears at the till, i was just want to find out is this poilcy right?? my heart was broke for my son x
# 20
goater78
Old 03-09-2012, 1:20 PM
PPR
Fantastically Fervent MoneySaving Super Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrea potts View Post
I got my son 2 different ben 10 watches from argos hes 3 years old so they both broke i thought i could just bring them back and change them over as they were faulty but without a resicept they said no my son was in tears at the till, i was just want to find out is this poilcy right?? my heart was broke for my son x
If you paid by card then you can show a bank statement to prove that you bought them there.

If you paid by cash and have lost the receipt then there is no proof of purchase and they don't have to do anything.
Closed Thread