What happening to the "Your Tips Forum

Options
What is happening to this forum. We are down to only a few tips a day. I presume its because the site has developed a new topic sections have been created.
Its just i miss reading the many new moneysaving ideas.

Comments

• trafalgar_2
    trafalgar_2 Posts: 22,309 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Your tips....is disappearing in the board shake up Martin is planning and everything that can be put somewhere else is being moved in the tidy-up beforehand

HTH ;D
  • debeast
    debeast Posts: 190 Forumite
    Options
    Does anyone else think the board is now too big!!

I hate to think of all the important info i miss just 'cos its in a different section
    -34k to 0 from september '05
    Debt Free, Stoozing King, Shrewd spender
  • Glad
    Glad Posts: 18,865 Senior Ambassador
    Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    do you mean the 'your tips' board ???

it has got very big and will probably disappear in the reshuffle so I have been moving tips onto more relevant boards
    I am a Senior Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Wales, Small Biz MoneySaving, In My Home (includes DIY) MoneySaving, and Old style MoneySaving boards. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • debeast
    debeast Posts: 190 Forumite
    Options
    i mean the whole forum

i can understand the need for different catagorises (i remember just 8 boards)but it has grown too big for me :-(

imho the boards need a rethink to reduce the number
    or
    an app needs to be implemented that remembers what you normally like and displays relevant topics of interest! forward this suggestion to martin if you like i don't mind writing an app to do that but it'll have to be in asp.
    -34k to 0 from september '05
    Debt Free, Stoozing King, Shrewd spender
  • Glad
    Options
    best if you write out your ideas here
    I am a Senior Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Wales, Small Biz MoneySaving, In My Home (includes DIY) MoneySaving, and Old style MoneySaving boards. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • Woby_Tide
    Woby_Tide Posts: 5,344 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    I much prefer it like this, most of the topics are defined enouigh for people to know where they should post/look, theres a search for anything that maybe you aren't sure of.

As for remembering what you like etc., I'd imagine that is horrendously unworkable. I also like the fact that whilst browsing I can come across something that I may be interested in but wouldn't have thought about at the time, especially on short lived bargains etc.

I like it as it is, as long as people put stuff in the right category where possible with a meningful header, the worlds a happy place.
  • jo_b_2
    jo_b_2 Posts: 7,123 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I agree with Debeast. I think there are now too many different boards. I also feel that I miss out on things because I tend to look at certain boards and miss others.

Hopefully the whole forum reorganisation may get rid of some 'superfluous' boards.
  • scattycat_3
    Options
    Glad,
    Its getting difficult to find things you Know were posted, because search doesnt find, presumably because HMV had them removed and  as a result a lot of repetition is becoming evident in new threads,by people unaware that topics have been discussed previously at great length, and the same old arguments are becoming boring.

I cite "Dont use 0845 0870 numbers", which after around 35k visits, vanished.,as an example

Scat
    Moi....? ;)

Martin asked me to say I'm a volunteer Board Guide on the Utilities board, facilitating its smooth running. I can move & change posts there. However I do not read every post.
    Dealing with abusive or illegal posts is not part of my role, so if you spot any, please report them HERE.
    Views I express are mine alone, and not official ones of MoneySavingExpert.com
  • Glad
    Options
    Hi Scat

as this board may be disappearing altogether we are trying to move things into more relevant boards, nothing is ever deleted
    I did a search for the thread you mentioned and found it here

when you do a search you need to alter the values in the 'max age +box' and also in the 'how many results box' (I usually put 1000 in each) or it will only search for items that have had replies in the last week

any more probs, please ask and I'll try to help ;D
  • scattycat_3
    Options
    thanks WW( Welsh or Wrexham, Wizardess ) Doh,

Went to most popular threads, being third most viewed, and Mods link gives error which says no longer exists "on this( the linked) board2. Plus from early June it is not listed as popular thread, if I remeber correctly it was at the top of tips topics.

As there were some 3600+ posts on subject it needs linking correctly or locking at top of Tel. bills etc board to prevent duplication. I will try to put a link on recently started thread.
    Scat ;)
    Moi....? ;)

Martin asked me to say I'm a volunteer Board Guide on the Utilities board, facilitating its smooth running. I can move & change posts there. However I do not read every post.
    Dealing with abusive or illegal posts is not part of my role, so if you spot any, please report them HERE.
    Views I express are mine alone, and not official ones of MoneySavingExpert.com
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure