Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    BusinessStudent
    0 WOW
    Ryanair - Traveling to Belfast, Ireland without passport?
    • 28th Dec 08, 5:34 AM
    0 WOW
    Ryanair - Traveling to Belfast, Ireland without passport? 28th Dec 08 at 5:34 AM
    Hello all,

I was lucky to get a few flights for 1p each way to Belfast, Ireland.

One of my friends has an expired passport and is unsure if he can travel to Belfast with just his driving license as proof as ID?

In order to get the 1p flights we selected "Online check in" which suggested you must have a valid passport to use this option.

I have looked into this and am not sure if this is right - my understanding is that my friend can travel to Belfast although he will have to use the airport check in and present his current UK driving license there? - he will be unable to use online check as this option requres him to have a passport?

He will also need to pay to use the aiport check in which will result in an additional 10 each way?
Page 1
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim's to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,839Posts Today

7,990Users online

Martin's Twitter