Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    robwsurf
    npower bill problem
    • 24th Nov 08, 4:49 PM
    npower bill problem 24th Nov 08 at 4:49 PM
    i recieved a letter from a debt collection agency this morning saying i owed npower 400 ish pounds for outstanding electricity bill from previous address.

when i moved out i got final bills as the npower gas was in my name but not for electricity as wasnt in my name and their were other tenants in the house

i paided the final bills and left i redirected my mail for 6 months never heard from n power, when leaving old house i left my contact details with tenants still there incase any bills came in never heard anything.

i called npower about this bill as it was never in my name they said the landlord put my name on the bill and they didnt ask him for proof or confirmation that all i lived there

also all the bills and letters from npower never had my name on hense no mail was ever recieved by me or erdirected to my new address

now they say the account was transferd to me and i am liable for the amount even though they never contacted me about putting the account in my name or ever sent the bills in my name

how can they transfer the account on someone elses say so and not even notify me . then make me liable for it

i ve told them that there was 3 other tenants at that time and i m happy to pay my share and i m having to go through citizens advice to sort tennacy agreement from old landlord

can npower just change accounts to other people on a strangers say so ?

also what would you recommend to do in this situation

npower wont even discuss it
Page 1
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim's to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

61Posts Today

3,716Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Warning! Twitter's app update's outrageously reset autoplay video settings, so you eat data at speed. Full help http://t.co/42tOE1EagR RT

• RT @Harry_Bhoy: @MartinSLewis Saved my gran £323 by changing her electricity provider,and haggled her free broadband from Virgin worth £264?

• RT @OfficialChops: @MartinSLewis Hello, Rio HD is free on sky store 'buy and keep'. Today Only. You DO NOT have to have a sky movies subsc?

• Follow Martin