Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    lowis
    Tooth extraction for a cat
    • 1st Nov 08, 12:23 AM
    Tooth extraction for a cat 1st Nov 08 at 12:23 AM
    My old siamese had a check-up yesterday, I suspected he had vision problems and I was right, he has a bad cataract in his left eye and a smaller one in his right eye...not much point in operating, he is old (14) and is indoors-only so when he goes almost blind he will know his way around the flat safely.

He also needs to have a tooth extracted and I was quoted 350 to 400 - this seems really expensive. Usually I wouldn't worry because I am insured...but I don't think dental procedures are covered with AXA...so will have to stump up the money.

Does anyone (hello resident vets!) have any idea what this would cost in their area, I live in Central London? Also, if I found a vet who was cheaper, would it be out of order to go to that vet just for the one procedure? My current vet is brilliant (but expensive) and I don't want to leave the practice, I just want to get the best price possible for the tooth extraction. Any advice appreciated, cheers!
Page 1
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim's to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

484Posts Today

3,560Users online

Martin's Twitter