Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    MrOJones
    Inheritance affecting benefits
    • 13th Oct 08, 10:47 PM
    Inheritance affecting benefits 13th Oct 08 at 10:47 PM
    My sister is about to inherit £15K from the death of a grand parent and is a now a single mother with four children. She receives state benefits for herself and the children.

The question is: If she pays the inheritance into her bank account will she lose those benefits until the £15K runs out?

If so is there a 'legal' way to aviod her losing her benefits and keeping this money as a future for the children? I.e. for example, through a trust with me (or someone else) as an executor?

The cheque will have to made out to her I expect as she is named in the will but there must be a way to aviod her losing her benefits?

Thank you.
Page 1
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim's to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

4,819Posts Today

8,568Users online

Martin's Twitter