Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    frankspencer
    Vodafone Contract - Can I get a new phone number?
    • 19th Aug 08, 9:08 AM
    Vodafone Contract - Can I get a new phone number? 19th Aug 08 at 9:08 AM
    I have had a Vodafone mobile contract for the last four years.

I am currently receiving abusive texts from my partner's ex husband (up to 40 per day), to the extent where he is even texting me whilst he is on holiday in Tenerife!

I ignore the vast majority of them, however it now getting to the point that I want to change my mobile phone number so I can get rid of him, as there are no options on my phone to block his calls or texts

Does anyone know if I can do this, and if there is a charge? I don't mind paying, as this would be a small price to pay for my own sanity. I've tried Vodafone without much joy so far. The woman I spoke to said I would need to report the texts to the police, and obtain a crime reference number before they would act. Is this correct?

Surely as a long time customer, I have the right to change my number?
Page 1
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim's to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

249Posts Today

1,105Users online

Martin's Twitter