Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
Page 1
    • tomstickland
    • By tomstickland 5th Aug 08, 8:15 PM
    • 18,888 Posts
    • 15,427 Thanks
    tomstickland
    • 5th Aug 08, 8:15 PM
    • 5th Aug 08, 8:15 PM
    Bristol Airport:
    http://www.airporttavern.co.uk/

Free minibus from the parking just outside the airport to the terminal.
  • jpgburgess
    • 6th Aug 08, 8:49 AM
    WCP Airport Parking
    • 6th Aug 08, 8:49 AM
    They have been around for ages. Recently moved to a new site south of the Airport. Good service, I have always found them reliable, and option for a car valet while you are away...

http://www.wcpbristolairportparking.com/
  • Curlytop
    • 6th Aug 08, 9:37 AM
    • 6th Aug 08, 9:37 AM
    Anyone got any tips for Cardiff? Flying next week.
  • Amatrix
    • 6th Aug 08, 10:36 AM
    More Bristol Airport
    • 6th Aug 08, 10:36 AM
    Another one for Bristol airport. I've used these folks before:

http://www.goblincombefarm.com/

It's a family run farm that have been doing parking at Bristol for 25 years, a nice bunch of people based in a lane round the back of the airport, with a nice and easy little online booking facility on the website. They offer a meet-n-greet service, and undercover parking too if you have a swanky car!!

If you're going away for the weekend you could be paying £30 or more for the "official" silver zone parking at the airport even with a discount (And last time I used this it took nearly an hour from parking up to getting into the airport terminal, despite them being next door!). By comparison I paid just £17 at Goblin Combe and it really was 10 minutes away.
    • mandleberry
    • By mandleberry 6th Aug 08, 11:54 AM
    • 19 Posts
    • 5 Thanks
    mandleberry
    • 6th Aug 08, 11:54 AM
    • 6th Aug 08, 11:54 AM
    Anyone know of outside parking near Exeter or Newquay airports, please?
  • lordbuckethead
    • 6th Aug 08, 1:21 PM
    • 6th Aug 08, 1:21 PM
    Hello (first ever post!) heres my tip for parking at Bristol

personally I hate the Silver Zone car park (miles away, takes ages, have to hand over keys) and much prefer on-site (they call it long stay) - can literally walk to terminal in 4/5 mins - but its a bit dearer

So. . . join this travel rewards thing

http://www.bristolairport.co.uk/travelrewards.aspx

free (just id & password)

every month they email you a code which gives you (about 10%?) a discount
    which you enter on the website when booking, obviously

this makes the on-site parking about the same price as the dreaded Silver Zone (off-site) one

cheers!
    Last edited by lordbuckethead; 06-08-2008 at 1:22 PM. Reason: typo
  • dougrose60
    • 6th Aug 08, 5:46 PM
    Cheap Parking at Bristol Airport
    • 6th Aug 08, 5:46 PM
    Like Tom Strickland weve used the Airport Tavern which is good. however the 1st place we discovered, is at Coombe Garage Tel:07900492559. if you have an early flight they have accomodation at a nearby Golf Club. They, like the airport tavern, drop off and pick up in a minibus, and we are usually on the road back home well before those using the onsite parking (and its £25 for a week!!)

HAs ANYONE DISCOVERED SIMILAR FOR CARDIFF AIRPORT.

Cymru am Byth!!!!
  • Paulstock
    • 6th Aug 08, 8:04 PM
    Bristol Airport Parking
    • 6th Aug 08, 8:04 PM
    We always use a parking company based at The Waggon & Horses they are about two minutes away, there website is:-www.bristolholidayairpark.co.uk.
  • tonyrodwell
    make sure you get the web address correct
    I logged on and typing from memory(ha ha!) put in .co.uk instead of dot com.
    It comes up with a load of more expensive parking options and has nothing to do with the genuine .com site.so just beware.
    Another one for Bristol airport. I've used these folks before:

http://www.goblincombefarm.com/

It's a family run farm that have been doing parking at Bristol for 25 years, a nice bunch of people based in a lane round the back of the airport, with a nice and easy little online booking facility on the website. They offer a meet-n-greet service, and undercover parking too if you have a swanky car!!

If you're going away for the weekend you could be paying £30 or more for the "official" silver zone parking at the airport even with a discount (And last time I used this it took nearly an hour from parking up to getting into the airport terminal, despite them being next door!). By comparison I paid just £17 at Goblin Combe and it really was 10 minutes away.
    Originally posted by Amatrix
  • ich
    Cardiff Airport parking - The Highwayman Inn do parking (www.highwayman-parking.com) which is only 5 mins away from the airport. Don't know how much it is as I've never used it - I live nearby - but the food and beer is good.
  • infomaniac
    Bristol Airport
    Have just used Bristol Airport Premier parking, cheap it is not..... but compared to the rush for the bus and the queue for keys this has to be the best. Silver Zone is just not an option!

I have also tried various local car parks and all are very pleasant and cheaper but none are as flexible or convenient.

I would definitely use it again in the future with the added bonus of a discount. Thanks lordbuckethead for the link.
  • Carol Hill
    BRISTOL AIRPORT: Used this one several times, stayed overnight for early flights at their modern, clean and comfortable B&B, efficient transport to and from Bristol Airport. Lovely people and good value for money. Newditch Farm, Potter Hill, Feltop, N. Somerset, BS40 9XB. Tel: 01275 472398
  • Mark987123
    Important info re FHR at Bristol airport: Travelling in Aug 08, on arrival there was nothing to indicate where to park the car. When trying to find out the info the man behind the counter was more interested in his fag than talking to us. There was no queueing system and we were pushed in front of by other people (difficult to avoid when coping with our two young children). The mini bus had room for only 7 passengers, we had to wait approx 40 mins before the third mini bus was able to take us. We had put our luggage into the 2nd mini bus but had to take it out again as other passengers had taken the seats! On the way back we had to wait another 40 mins to be picked up. Not good enough, FHR do not do what they claim to do in our experience. Shocking service which I will be going out of my way to tell other people not to use. Also, poor security, anyone could drive in past reception.
    • DCFC79
    • By DCFC79 31st Aug 08, 11:11 PM
    • 27,771 Posts
    • 17,534 Thanks
    DCFC79
    Bristol Airport:

Originally posted by tomstickland
    used this and can recommend it,
  • jpgburgess
    I should take my own advice. This time I didn't use WCP for Bristol Airport Parking. We flew on a late evening flight to Ireland and wanted the convenience of on-airport parking because we have a 3 year old and were after minimum hassle.

WCP for the period we were away would be about £25. We paid £43 and went Silver-zone. Drop off was fine - I left my wife and sleeping daughter at the terminal then drove round to Silver, left the car in a space really near the reception area and was onto the bus and back at the terminal in about 5 minutes.

On return we waited 15 minutes for the bus, waited 5 minutes in the key queue then had to walk the length of the pickup area (about 200 yards with suitcases + tired daughter) to get our car which I had originally left about 20 yards from the reception area. Not much sense in that system!

When we got into the car my seat was pumped all the way up to the roof (I hate people !!!!!!ing about with the seat, especially height) and the heating was on 27 degrees for both sides. The Radio was on Radio 3. I'm thinking now that someone has left my car running and had a nice cosy snooze with classical music on.

Not happy. Won't be using them again!
    • DCFC79
    • By DCFC79 30th Sep 08, 8:08 PM
    • 27,771 Posts
    • 17,534 Thanks
    DCFC79
    Bristol Airport:

Originally posted by tomstickland
    used this one before and it was good, no problems either
  • Sir_gent
    Bristol Airport Parking
    I've used the airport car parks many times and a few of the other, smaller operators. Definately wont be using any of the local pubs or car parks again! used a car park about 10 miles away from the airport at the start of summer and wished I hadnt.. impossible to find and appeared to be part of a farm. No security and very amateur. Not had any problems on the airports car parks and normally use Silver Zone. always book as far in advance as possible as you could save quite a bit - www.bristolairport.co.uk
    • Poppy9
    • By Poppy9 7th Oct 08, 12:47 PM
    • 17,964 Posts
    • 22,255 Thanks
    Poppy9
    Cardiff Airport
    We always park on site at Cardiff Airport. Search for discount codes if you are not an AA member to get 15-20% off APH price. You are within walking distance of the terminal or you can get on the shuttle bus. You park your car yourself so no handing the keys over.

With discount it's as cheap as Highwayman and more convienent.
    ~Laugh and the world laughs with you, weep and you weep alone.~
    • Poppy9
    • By Poppy9 7th Oct 08, 1:16 PM
    • 17,964 Posts
    • 22,255 Thanks
    Poppy9
    Hello (first ever post!) heres my tip for parking at Bristol

personally I hate the Silver Zone car park (miles away, takes ages, have to hand over keys) and much prefer on-site (they call it long stay) - can literally walk to terminal in 4/5 mins - but its a bit dearer

So. . . join this travel rewards thing

http://www.bristolairport.co.uk/travelrewards.aspx

free (just id & password)

every month they email you a code which gives you (about 10%?) a discount
    which you enter on the website when booking, obviously

this makes the on-site parking about the same price as the dreaded Silver Zone (off-site) one

cheers!
    Originally posted by lordbuckethead
    This site is cheaper for Bristol when I compared with above.

Back to MotoringDiscounts.co.uk

Book airport parking through this site and you get 20% discount if you are a member of any breakdown body. I'm with autoaid so I entered my autoaid member number and had the 20% discount. It was cheaper for Bristol Airport than going through the AA site (I used to be a member before I saw the light)
    ~Laugh and the world laughs with you, weep and you weep alone.~
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

68Posts Today

4,008Users online

Martin's Twitter