Main site > MoneySavingExpert.com Forums > Household & Travel > Motoring > Cheap Airport Parking: West/SW England Airports A... (Page 1)

IMPORTANT! This is MoneySavingExpert's open forum - anyone can post

Please exercise caution & report any spam, illegal, offensive, racist, libellous post to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com

• Be nice to all MoneySavers
  • All the best tips go in the MoneySavingExpert weekly email

Plus all the new guides, deals & loopholes

• No spam/referral links
or Login with Facebook
Cheap Airport Parking: West/SW England Airports Airport hints, tips and local parking
Views: 33,824
# 1
MSE Archna
Old 05-08-2008, 6:35 PM
Senior Researcher
Serious MoneySaving Fan

Default Cheap Airport Parking: West/SW England Airports Airport hints, tips and local parking

What’s this about? Parking at the airport can cost a fortune. Yet there are many ways to cut this cost. The first point of call is read the full Cheap Airport Parking guide. Then having found the cheapest it can find you, this discussion is specifically to talk about local parking and tips for

Cheap West / SW England Airport Parking

If you want to discuss airport parking in general please go to the Cheap Airport Parking Discussion.

If you’ve got a suggestion/tip

Simply click reply and add your suggestion, though its worth scanning down first to check it's not been duplicated.

Related DiscussionsRelated MoneySaving Guides:

Travel Money
Car Hire
Flights
Package Holidays
Hotel Deals

Last edited by MSE Lawrence; 07-08-2008 at 11:57 AM.
Reply With Quote Report Post
# 2
tomstickland
Old 05-08-2008, 8:15 PM
Deliciously Dedicated Diehard MoneySaving Devotee

Bristol Airport:
http://www.airporttavern.co.uk/

Free minibus from the parking just outside the airport to the terminal.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to tomstickland For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 3
jpgburgess
Old 06-08-2008, 8:49 AM
MoneySaving Newbie

Default WCP Airport Parking

They have been around for ages. Recently moved to a new site south of the Airport. Good service, I have always found them reliable, and option for a car valet while you are away...

http://www.wcpbristolairportparking.com/
# 4
Curlytop
Old 06-08-2008, 9:37 AM
MoneySaving Stalwart

Anyone got any tips for Cardiff? Flying next week.
# 5
Amatrix
Old 06-08-2008, 10:36 AM
MoneySaving Newbie

Thumbs up More Bristol Airport

Another one for Bristol airport. I've used these folks before:

http://www.goblincombefarm.com/

It's a family run farm that have been doing parking at Bristol for 25 years, a nice bunch of people based in a lane round the back of the airport, with a nice and easy little online booking facility on the website. They offer a meet-n-greet service, and undercover parking too if you have a swanky car!!

If you're going away for the weekend you could be paying 30 or more for the "official" silver zone parking at the airport even with a discount (And last time I used this it took nearly an hour from parking up to getting into the airport terminal, despite them being next door!). By comparison I paid just 17 at Goblin Combe and it really was 10 minutes away.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Amatrix For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 6
mandleberry
Old 06-08-2008, 11:54 AM
MoneySaving Convert

Anyone know of outside parking near Exeter or Newquay airports, please?
# 7
lordbuckethead
Old 06-08-2008, 1:21 PM
MoneySaving Newbie

Hello (first ever post!) heres my tip for parking at Bristol

personally I hate the Silver Zone car park (miles away, takes ages, have to hand over keys) and much prefer on-site (they call it long stay) - can literally walk to terminal in 4/5 mins - but its a bit dearer

So. . . join this travel rewards thing

http://www.bristolairport.co.uk/travelrewards.aspx

free (just id & password)

every month they email you a code which gives you (about 10%?) a discount
which you enter on the website when booking, obviously

this makes the on-site parking about the same price as the dreaded Silver Zone (off-site) one

cheers!

Last edited by lordbuckethead; 06-08-2008 at 1:22 PM. Reason: typo
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to lordbuckethead For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 8
dougrose60
Old 06-08-2008, 5:46 PM
MoneySaving Newbie

Cool Cheap Parking at Bristol Airport

Like Tom Strickland weve used the Airport Tavern which is good. however the 1st place we discovered, is at Coombe Garage Tel:07900492559. if you have an early flight they have accomodation at a nearby Golf Club. They, like the airport tavern, drop off and pick up in a minibus, and we are usually on the road back home well before those using the onsite parking (and its 25 for a week!!)

HAs ANYONE DISCOVERED SIMILAR FOR CARDIFF AIRPORT.

Cymru am Byth!!!!
# 9
Paulstock
Old 06-08-2008, 8:04 PM
MoneySaving Newbie

Default Bristol Airport Parking

We always use a parking company based at The Waggon & Horses they are about two minutes away, there website is:-www.bristolholidayairpark.co.uk.
# 10
tonyrodwell
Old 06-08-2008, 8:32 PM
MoneySaving Newbie

Default make sure you get the web address correct

I logged on and typing from memory(ha ha!) put in .co.uk instead of dot com.
It comes up with a load of more expensive parking options and has nothing to do with the genuine .com site.so just beware.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amatrix View Post
Another one for Bristol airport. I've used these folks before:

http://www.goblincombefarm.com/

It's a family run farm that have been doing parking at Bristol for 25 years, a nice bunch of people based in a lane round the back of the airport, with a nice and easy little online booking facility on the website. They offer a meet-n-greet service, and undercover parking too if you have a swanky car!!

If you're going away for the weekend you could be paying 30 or more for the "official" silver zone parking at the airport even with a discount (And last time I used this it took nearly an hour from parking up to getting into the airport terminal, despite them being next door!). By comparison I paid just 17 at Goblin Combe and it really was 10 minutes away.
# 11
ich
Old 07-08-2008, 12:43 PM
MoneySaving Newbie

Cardiff Airport parking - The Highwayman Inn do parking (www.highwayman-parking.com) which is only 5 mins away from the airport. Don't know how much it is as I've never used it - I live nearby - but the food and beer is good.
# 12
infomaniac
Old 11-08-2008, 9:55 PM
MoneySaving Newbie

Default Bristol Airport

Have just used Bristol Airport Premier parking, cheap it is not..... but compared to the rush for the bus and the queue for keys this has to be the best. Silver Zone is just not an option!

I have also tried various local car parks and all are very pleasant and cheaper but none are as flexible or convenient.

I would definitely use it again in the future with the added bonus of a discount. Thanks lordbuckethead for the link.
# 13
Carol Hill
Old 13-08-2008, 11:09 AM
MoneySaving Newbie

BRISTOL AIRPORT: Used this one several times, stayed overnight for early flights at their modern, clean and comfortable B&B, efficient transport to and from Bristol Airport. Lovely people and good value for money. Newditch Farm, Potter Hill, Feltop, N. Somerset, BS40 9XB. Tel: 01275 472398
The Following User Says Thank You to Carol Hill For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 14
Mark987123
Old 31-08-2008, 10:04 PM
MoneySaving Newbie

Exclamation

Important info re FHR at Bristol airport: Travelling in Aug 08, on arrival there was nothing to indicate where to park the car. When trying to find out the info the man behind the counter was more interested in his fag than talking to us. There was no queueing system and we were pushed in front of by other people (difficult to avoid when coping with our two young children). The mini bus had room for only 7 passengers, we had to wait approx 40 mins before the third mini bus was able to take us. We had put our luggage into the 2nd mini bus but had to take it out again as other passengers had taken the seats! On the way back we had to wait another 40 mins to be picked up. Not good enough, FHR do not do what they claim to do in our experience. Shocking service which I will be going out of my way to tell other people not to use. Also, poor security, anyone could drive in past reception.
# 15
DCFC79
Old 31-08-2008, 11:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomstickland View Post
Bristol Airport:

used this and can recommend it,
# 16
jpgburgess
Old 17-09-2008, 10:53 AM
MoneySaving Newbie

I should take my own advice. This time I didn't use WCP for Bristol Airport Parking. We flew on a late evening flight to Ireland and wanted the convenience of on-airport parking because we have a 3 year old and were after minimum hassle.

WCP for the period we were away would be about £25. We paid £43 and went Silver-zone. Drop off was fine - I left my wife and sleeping daughter at the terminal then drove round to Silver, left the car in a space really near the reception area and was onto the bus and back at the terminal in about 5 minutes.

On return we waited 15 minutes for the bus, waited 5 minutes in the key queue then had to walk the length of the pickup area (about 200 yards with suitcases + tired daughter) to get our car which I had originally left about 20 yards from the reception area. Not much sense in that system!

When we got into the car my seat was pumped all the way up to the roof (I hate people !!!!!!ing about with the seat, especially height) and the heating was on 27 degrees for both sides. The Radio was on Radio 3. I'm thinking now that someone has left my car running and had a nice cosy snooze with classical music on.

Not happy. Won't be using them again!
# 17
DCFC79
Old 30-09-2008, 8:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomstickland View Post
Bristol Airport:

used this one before and it was good, no problems either
The Following User Says Thank You to DCFC79 For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 18
Sir_gent
Old 01-10-2008, 1:35 PM
MoneySaving Newbie

Default Bristol Airport Parking

I've used the airport car parks many times and a few of the other, smaller operators. Definately wont be using any of the local pubs or car parks again! used a car park about 10 miles away from the airport at the start of summer and wished I hadnt.. impossible to find and appeared to be part of a farm. No security and very amateur. Not had any problems on the airports car parks and normally use Silver Zone. always book as far in advance as possible as you could save quite a bit - www.bristolairport.co.uk
# 19
Poppy9
Old 07-10-2008, 12:47 PM

Default Cardiff Airport

We always park on site at Cardiff Airport. Search for discount codes if you are not an AA member to get 15-20% off APH price. You are within walking distance of the terminal or you can get on the shuttle bus. You park your car yourself so no handing the keys over.

With discount it's as cheap as Highwayman and more convienent.
~Laugh and the world laughs with you, weep and you weep alone.~

I get knocked down, but I get up again
# 20
Poppy9
Old 07-10-2008, 1:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lordbuckethead View Post
Hello (first ever post!) heres my tip for parking at Bristol

personally I hate the Silver Zone car park (miles away, takes ages, have to hand over keys) and much prefer on-site (they call it long stay) - can literally walk to terminal in 4/5 mins - but its a bit dearer

So. . . join this travel rewards thing

http://www.bristolairport.co.uk/travelrewards.aspx

free (just id & password)

every month they email you a code which gives you (about 10%?) a discount
which you enter on the website when booking, obviously

this makes the on-site parking about the same price as the dreaded Silver Zone (off-site) one

cheers!
This site is cheaper for Bristol when I compared with above.

Back to MotoringDiscounts.co.uk

Book airport parking through this site and you get 20% discount if you are a member of any breakdown body. I'm with autoaid so I entered my autoaid member number and had the 20% discount. It was cheaper for Bristol Airport than going through the AA site (I used to be a member before I saw the light)
~Laugh and the world laughs with you, weep and you weep alone.~

I get knocked down, but I get up again
The Following User Says Thank You to Poppy9 For This Useful Post: Show me >>