Main site > MoneySavingExpert.com Forums > Household & Travel > Motoring > Cheap Airport Parking: Edinburgh Airport hints, t... (Page 1)

IMPORTANT! This is MoneySavingExpert's open forum - anyone can post

Please exercise caution & report any spam, illegal, offensive, racist, libellous post to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com

• Be nice to all MoneySavers
  • All the best tips go in the MoneySavingExpert weekly email

Plus all the new guides, deals & loopholes

• No spam/referral links
or Login with Facebook
Cheap Airport Parking: Edinburgh Airport hints, tips and local parking
Views: 31,136
# 1
MSE Archna
Old 05-08-2008, 6:26 PM
Senior Researcher
Serious MoneySaving Fan

Default Cheap Airport Parking: Edinburgh Airport hints, tips and local parking

What’s this about? Parking at the airport can cost a fortune. Yet there are many ways to cut this cost. The first point of call is read the full Cheap Airport Parking guide. Then having found the cheapest it can find you, this discussion is specifically to talk about local parking and tips for

Cheap EdinburghAirport Parking

If you want to discuss airport parking in general please go to the Cheap Airport Parking Discussion.

If you’ve got a suggestion/tip

Simply click reply and add your suggestion, though its worth scanning down first to check it's not been duplicated.

Related DiscussionsRelated MoneySaving Guides:

Travel Money
Car Hire
Flights
Package Holidays
Hotel Deals

Last edited by MSE Lawrence; 07-08-2008 at 11:53 AM.
Reply With Quote Report Post
# 2
RaspberryFool
Old 06-08-2008, 7:52 AM
MoneySaving Convert

Be careful when using an off-site car park that moves your car after you leave it. The cars are often squeezed together and can get damaged. I know someone who parked at the inaptly named 'Secure Airpark' and returned to find a damaged car. The car park denied all responsibility. It made it a very expensive trip. I prefer to use sites where you park the vehicle yourself.
RaspberryFool
Men are from Mars, Women are from ... Cadburys!
# 3
skattili
Old 06-08-2008, 7:50 PM
MoneySaving Convert

I've always found FHR the cheapest. It was a full 7 cheaper for 12 days parking , compared to holidayextras. Using Quidco and also a free 2.5 online voucher code- I got a few more 's savings on top
# 4
Dagobert
Old 09-08-2008, 2:21 PM
Serious MoneySaving Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaspberryFool
Be careful when using an off-site car park that moves your car after you leave it.
FHR, for instance, moves the car. I am not keen on the idea.

But how do you know which ones move the cars?
Saor Alba,
Dagobert
# 5
thebigyin
Old 12-12-2008, 12:29 PM
MoneySaving Newbie

Default You'll struggle

I think you'll struggle to find one that doesn't move the cars that isn't an onsite car park. Most of the car parks 'block park' so they can get more cars in. Most of the time this is absolutely fine - I've been countless times and never had a problem (touch wood) - but there is always a possibility of something happening.

I know that a lot of the car parks take pictures of your car before you leave it, certainly on meet and greet services, so I usually take my own pictures when I park up so I've got my own evidence should anything happen.

Incidentally, I've just had an email from skyparksecure.com who I've used a few times. They're offering a free parking draw for every booking make this month and a 5% discount off everything on their site. This is the link ...

http://www.skyparksecure.com/?utm_so...l&promo=dec085
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to thebigyin For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 6
fatgit
Old 09-06-2009, 1:13 PM
MoneySaving Convert

anyone happen to have any codes for airport parking with Edinburgh airport companies?
# 7
wira99
Old 20-09-2009, 12:20 PM
MoneySaving Newbie

Default FHR discount code

Just used FHR to book 4 days parking, added this "FHR-P2009" code and got additional 2.50 off
# 8
buckers_wv
Old 25-09-2009, 1:48 PM
MoneySaving Convert

No discount codes or anything, but some decent "common sense" information here in this blog post:

http://www.mfairportparking.com/blog...n-booking.html
# 9
Munro Bagger
Old 04-04-2011, 2:27 PM
MoneySaving Stalwart

Hello fellow MoneySavers!

I'd really appreciate some advice on parking at Edinburgh Airport. This is the first time I'm flying from there, and the first time I need to park my car! I'm travelling up from Newcastle, but because of the flight times, trains and buses in both directions are not possible.

I've searched the web and found a few good deals for 3-days parking in May, hovering around 17-18.
However, because I've read some horror stories about vehicles being moved after they've been parked, I'm specifically looking for a self-park option, where I can take the keys away with me!

Can anyone recommend a long stay self-park car park, that's easy to locate and has a reliable transfer service?
In particular, as anyone ever used the Edinburgh Long Stay airport car park? Their "supersaver offer" is currently very reasonable, and I was thinking of going with it (although it doesn't state 'self-park).

Finally, has anyone ever been held rigidly to the book-in times? I'm a bit worried because I'm travelling a fair distance, and despite my best efforts, I could arrive half and hour early (or late) due to traffic.

Many thanks!!
'08: Savvy shopping saved 1059.04
'09: Savvy shopping saved 1674.23
'10: Savvy shopping saved 2825.47.
'11: Savvy shopping saved 1577.85
# 10
traceyr
Old 10-05-2011, 8:01 PM
MoneySaving Convert

Munro Bagger - did you find somewhere to park your car how did you get on would you recommend it?

I am looking for secure parking at Edinburgh in September. We are going on a coach holiday which leaves from the airport at 0030 are the carparks strict on timings if we booked to arrive at midnight and got there 10 mins early do you think they would charge extre day?

I have used flying scot before but wonder if anyone can recommend any other secure paking at Edinburgh.

Thanks in advance for any replies.
# 11
pickle00
Old 18-04-2012, 10:38 AM
MoneySaving Newbie

Please please please!!! I need to book parking at Edinburgh airport now and I'm in great need of a discount code. Cant seem to find any anywhere. Ive compared prices and the cheapest I can find is 27 odd but for only 7 days I would love to save a few more pounds. Please help
# 12
travelholic
Old 20-06-2012, 8:45 AM
MoneySaving Newbie

Default good parking deal

Secure Air Parks (Self Park)
100 Ingliston Road
Ingliston
Edinburgh
EH28 8AU
Used this company last week 1 min from Edinburgh Airport great service all done electronically YOU park & keep your keys go to the nearest bus stop and bus picks you up so quick, when you return no phoning just go to bus stop 10 (were you were dropped off) driver just arrived when we go there, and left straight away. We have used other parking sites THIS WAS THE BEST we have used. we booked using essentialtravel site but airportparkingscotland site are giving a discount if you enter BNT -Hope this helps
The Following User Says Thank You to travelholic For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 13
figgy
Old 20-06-2012, 12:54 PM
MoneySaving Convert

If concerned about someone else moving your vehicle and damaging it, use a car park where you park your own vehicle and take your keys on holiday with you, then nobody can get into your car. We've used this system for years, mostly at Direct Parking Glasgow. No problems whatsoever. Someone once asked me about the risk to my vehicle if there was a fire.........does anyone really think the staff are going to take the time to move everyone's vehicles if this did happen
# 14
loopholer
Old 16-01-2013, 12:52 PM
MoneySaving Convert

for much cheapness you could use one of the local park and ride schemes, then pay for the Jet 747 bus to the airport, it's about 6 return. It'll take longer but you might find you have time to spare after the drive.
# 15
phil-maskell
Old 20-08-2013, 10:54 AM
MoneySaving Convert

Default Car Parking at Edinburgh Airport

Your missive to use the local park and ride is OK unless you are travelling at 0300 in the morning when the buses do not operate
# 16
elmoo2u
Old 07-03-2014, 7:39 PM
MoneySaving Convert

Default Edinburgh Airport Long Stay Car Park - Discount?

Hi,
Looking for cheap Edinburgh parking for 4 days in April. I always use airports long stay car park but it seems to have shot up n price. Does anyone know if I can get discount on Edinburgh airport site?

Will only use a car park where I park and leave car, not giving my keys to anyone.

Any tips would be great :-)
# 17
janejamie
Old 10-03-2014, 6:31 PM
MoneySaving Convert

Thanked 2,135 Times in 96 Posts
Default thanks to MSE!

Hi there all, big thanks to MSE - used the affiliated link from the Cheap Airport Parking page to Holiday Autos and got prices 30% cheaper than via Quidco.
Park and Fly Meet and Greet 25 for a week at the end of March which is brilliantly helpful for disabled husband now they've moved the airport parking buses half a mile away from the terminal!
# 18
Firewalker50
Old 22-04-2014, 4:58 PM
MoneySaving Newbie

Try using the planeparking website (would not let me post a link). This allows you to park on the Edinburgh Airport Long Stay Car Park. It also offers discounted surface parking at the terminal and some meet and greet.

With the long stay you park and take your keys. Bus picks up every 7-10 minutes and it only takes a few mins to the Terminal bus stops. The bus stop is NOW a few minutes walk away, but it is the same for most if not all bus services. I have used this car park confidently for years.

Only the terminal surface parking, multi storey parking and valet style does not require a bus stop now.

The bus operates 24 hours a day but automatically from 5am until 11pm. Outside of that, you buzz on your way in to advise you need a bus, and call when you arrive (I have not had to do so yet).

When we travel out of hours we use the discounted surface parking - a bit more expensive but very convenient - exit terminal building, cross and your car is in the car park ahead - a minute or so to walk.

Hope that helps. The cost is significantly less than booking the long stay carpark in the normal manner and discounted for the surface terminal.

I cannot speak for the other operators since I have not used them.
# 19
wooried
Old 03-05-2014, 9:10 PM
MoneySaving Newbie

Default Cheaper through the MSE site link

I just booked five weeks parking using the Meet & Greet service at Edinburgh airport. It cost 81.90 through Holiday Extras. As I've used them before and they send me "Extra 10% off" emails I tried the link in one of those. It came out as over 96!

I've used the Meet & Greet service a few times in the past - never a problem leaving or collecting the car.

This time Meet & Greet was the cheapest option.

I'm a happy MSE saver!
# 20
Allan152
Old 04-06-2014, 10:28 AM
MoneySaving Newbie

I've used Edinburgh airport long stay parking several times now for up to five weeks at a time and found them very cheap and extremely efficient on one trip had to extend parking by two weeks this was done by rebooking on line by rebooking from original ending date to new date took printout of new booking with me in case of a problem on return but had no problems machine accepted my ticket as usual
All booking is done on line as early as possible for best price