Tesco Clubcard/Vouchers/Points/Deals - Post All Questions Here [merged]

Options

Comments

• jackieblack
    jackieblack Posts: 10,317 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Any wrote: »
    They don't track the account. That is why is it taking so long!! When I exchanged Tesco vouchers for Airmiles for the first time I was waiting where is it going to ask me if I have existing Airmiles account and for the number and then it didn't, so I thought they will find me by name and address.

About 3 weeks later I got Welcome to Airmiles pack!! I just rung them and they consolidated both accounts together and when I exchanged to Airmiles since it is always credited to the right account.

They must have found my Airmiles account by the name & address because the miles just went onto my existing Airmiles account.
    2.22kWp Solar PV system installed Oct 2010, Fronius IG20 Inverter, south facing (-5 deg), 30 degree pitch, no shading
    Everything will be alright in the end so, if it’s not yet alright, it means it’s not yet the end
    MFW #4 OPs (offset): 2018 £866.89, 2019 £1322.33, 2020 £1337.07,
    2021 £1250.00, 2022 £1500.00, 2023 £1500
    Target for 2024 (offset) = £1200, YTD £460
    Quidquid Latine dictum sit altum videtur
  • Beatlefan
    Beatlefan Posts: 892 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker PPI Party Pooper
    Options
    Hi guys, I wonder if anyone can help please?

If I multiply all of my Tesco vouchers by 4, I have nearly £900 which I was thinking of putting towards a week's stay at the Butlins Ocean Hotel in Sussex.

We're still looking into time off work, prices, etc. In the meantime, I was thinking to save time I'd go onto the Clubcard website and exchange my Clubcard vouchers for tokens. I thought that way they'd arrive in the post in good time to allow us to make the booking - as and when we can confirm with work.

If I do that though, am I committed to using the vouchers/tokens with Butlins? I thought I'd read somewhere on MSE that you can send tokens back to Tesco if you don't use them and be re-credited with the Clubcard points to use again on another deal. Is that right? I can't find that in the small print on the clubcard website, but maybe looking in the wrong place.

If I do book the holiday, do I need to send the tokens to Butlins by post or can I redeem them against the booking cost either on-line or by telephone?

Thanks for any help anyone can give me on this. :T

Has anyone stayed at the Ocean Hotel or Shoreline Hotel with Butlins before, by the way?
    Big thanks to Martin Lewis for helping us start to sort out our finances!!!:A

Best Comp win:X-Box 360!!

And thank you to all posters! You're wonderful!
  • jeferey
    jeferey Posts: 4,300 Forumite
    Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    Beatlefan wrote: »
    ........am I committed to using the vouchers/tokens with Butlins? I thought I'd read somewhere on MSE that you can send tokens back to Tesco if you don't use them and be re-credited with the Clubcard points to use again on another deal. Is that right? I can't find that in the small print on the clubcard website, but maybe looking in the wrong place.
    Correct, you can get them recredited - you may be able to use them for something else
    If I do book the holiday, do I need to send the tokens to Butlins by post or can I redeem them against the booking cost either on-line or by telephone?
    From Tesco website:
    How this reward works…
    Did you know? - tokens can be used for any holiday company in rewards, or for any rewards that aren’t “buy in full”.
    1. Choose how much in Clubcard vouchers you’d like to exchange, on the right, and then click ‘add to basket’.
    - any change from your vouchers will be credited to your Clubcard Account.
    2. We’ll post you tokens and details on how to use them, within 5 working days of your order being placed.
    3. You must have ordered and received your tokens before you book with the tour operator.
    - you will be required to state the value of your rewards tokens and may be required to provide the serial number on each token.
    4. You must book with the tour operator at least 14 days before you travel.
    5. Tokens can be used as full or part payment for your holiday – you can top them up with cash.
    - no change is given from tokens

Also:
    • Decide which Butlins Resort to visit and when, then call Butlins at least 14 days before the break start date. All breaks are subject to availability, so please book as far in advance as possible.
    Your rewards tokens cannot be redeemed online. Please book via Butlins reservations call centre (telephone number below)
    To book your Butlins break please call 0870 998 2266 (7 days a week, 9am – 9pm)
    Please Send your Deals Tokens to:
    Butlins Holiday Administration Department
    1 Park Lane
    Hemel Hempstead
    Hertfordshire
    HP2 4YL
    Once your booking has been made:
    Call 0870 242 2002 with any further queries
    Monday – Friday 9am – 7pm
    Has anyone stayed at the Ocean Hotel or Shoreline Hotel with Butlins before, by the way?
    Haven't stayed there but sounds ok - check tripadvisor
    If at first you don't succeed, try, try, try - oh bu99er that just cheat :D
  • kayz_3
    kayz_3 Posts: 11 Forumite
    Options
    Thanks for the great post
  • a27
    a27 Posts: 154 Forumite
    Options
    I have a question about this promotion
    http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/deals/tesco-codes-vouchers#clothing

I have many clothes to buy for a few people.
    If I split them into multiple orders (over £50 each), will I get multiples of the 1000 points? I think so as it's for new and existing customers but I'd like to confirm.

Thanks.
  • jeferey
    jeferey Posts: 4,300 Forumite
    Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    a27 wrote: »
    I have a question about this promotion
    http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/deals/tesco-codes-vouchers#clothing

I have many clothes to buy for a few people.
    If I split them into multiple orders (over £50 each), will I get multiples of the 1000 points? I think so as it's for new and existing customers but I'd like to confirm.
    Thanks.
    Have you got multiple clubcard accounts? If so, I can't see any problem getting multiple 1000 points. I've done this with other offers on Tesco Direct. If you've got less than 5 accounts, open another one!
    If at first you don't succeed, try, try, try - oh bu99er that just cheat :D
  • a27
    Options
    jeferey wrote: »
    Have you got multiple clubcard accounts? If so, I can't see any problem getting multiple 1000 points. I've done this with other offers on Tesco Direct. If you've got less than 5 accounts, open another one!

Can I not do 3 different orders on one account and get 3000 points?

If I get more clubcards, and do it that way, can I merge the points to get the benefits?
  • Any
    Any Posts: 7,944 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    a27 wrote: »
    Can I not do 3 different orders on one account and get 3000 points?

If I get more clubcards, and do it that way, can I merge the points to get the benefits?

As long as all clubcards will be registered to the same address you can merge them...
  • no1catman
    no1catman Posts: 2,972 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    macpep1 wrote: »
    Thats great thanks :D I have emailed them and asked them to change it for me

Have you had a reply to your email yet?

It might be better to 'phone the freephone no 0800591688 open Mon-Fri 8.00 till 8.00, and Sat 9.00 till 6.00.
    They can either do it for you, or confirm it has been done, and answer any other queries you have.
    I used to work for Tesco - now retired - speciality Clubcard
  • a27
    Options
    jeferey wrote: »

I tried to use the code a for a second order on the same clubcard and the site and it said "Maximum number of uses for this voucher has been reached".

I registered a new clubcard and tried to go through with that but got the same result.

Can someone make up an order and see if they can use the clothing code? It asks for that before payment so you don't have to buy in order to test it.

Thanks.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport