IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Just £16 to get off any private parking ticket

Options

Comments

• bazster
    bazster Posts: 7,436 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    The_Deep wrote: »
    MSE is no more responsible than if someone on another of MSE's forums recommended a particular soap powder.

Whilst I agree with you, I very much doubt that MSE are overjoyed that this pile of odour has come to light on one of their fora. Imagine the mischief a redtop could make of this..

Well yes, I'm sure you are right about that.
    Je suis Charlie.
  • henrik777
    henrik777 Posts: 3,052 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    The ideas came from a separate email group - where things like the Newbies templates were also incubated.

This is why all of the people involved in the new business are still here on the forums, helping people for free, or attending court for just my expenses, as I will be twice this month.

This is why the Beavis appeal is still being supported by Bargepole and Pranky.

This is why the money raised by pranky for his e-books pays for the transcripts that he then freely provides on his website.

The reason the new business hasn't been launched yet is because we are making sure that everything is legal, above board, defensible and in the interest of the customers before we even start offering any services.

And don't forget in any legal proceedings, the initial shot across the bows is often only the starting point for negotiation.

Feel free to challenge my bona fides - I'll just ask various people who have won cases when I've attended for free or just expenses to give character references.

You've missed the point completely.

The ideas you originally worked from are many years old. Popla a little newer but the legal basis predates the internet even if the PPC explosion does not.

There are/were many who mooted the basis of challenging this industry and i'd be very sceptical of you having many of the early adopters of this help in your group. You have taken this work to make a profit from it. There has been a fallout and now you want £25k from someone else despite not giving anything to the early adopters ?

There are many who help, mostly for free. Stuff like this isn't far away from PPI companies.
  • Parking-Prankster
    Parking-Prankster Posts: 313 Forumite
    edited 2 December 2014 at 12:16PM
    Options
    Quentin wrote: »
    If parking prankster is involved with a competitor to ptas then his blog comments about no longer recommending ptas should surely be taken with a large pinch of salt!

I am involved with lots of initiatives, many of which conflict with each other. I was more than happy to continue to promote PTAS despite any conflicts and continued to recommend them, not only by links, but also in the many, many emails I answer each day helping motorists.

I was slightly uneasy in that the new person running the business did not have the right experience, but was willing to give them the benefit of the doubt. However, once this person told me that no liabilities were transferred I could no longer ethically continue to send people there, in the knowledge that any guarantees were essentially worthless and the company could just phoenix.
    Hi, we’ve approved your signature. It's awesome. Please email the forum team if you want more praise - MSE ForumTeam
  • The_Deep
    The_Deep Posts: 16,830 Forumite
    Options
    There has been a fallout and now you want £25k from someone else despite not giving anything to the early adopters ?

Hang on, who are these "early adopters"?

Information on how to beat PPC scams is everywhere, CAB, CA, Honest John, Motoring Associations, Notomob, local papers, national papers, motoring magazines, Watchdog, Mumsnet, etc., etc., etc. How will you decide who deserves what?
    You never know how far you can go until you go too far.
  • TDA
    TDA Posts: 268 Forumite
    Options
    I am involved with lots of initiatives, many of which conflict with each other. I was more than happy to continue to promote PTAS despite any conflicts and continued to recommend them, not only by links, but also in the many, many emails I answer each day helping motorists.

I was slightly uneasy in that the new person running the business did not have the right experience, but was willing to give them the benefit of the doubt. However, once this person told me that no liabilities were transferred I could no longer ethically continue to send people there, in the knowledge that any guarantees were essentially worthless and the company could just phoenix.

On the subject of ethics, did you not feel it may be correct to declare these other interests before making said blog posts?

And why, when someone pointed out the conflict, was their post removed from your blog?
  • Folkiedave
    Options
    I don't have a dog in this fight.

As far as I can see the Parking Appeals (lets call it "1") - who I have been happy to recommend on this and other sites such as Facebook and a local forum - with no thought of reward except stuffing PPCs, have not let anyone down.

I think it should be necessary to show some evidence to show that PA1 has done so, before saying they might do!
  • BenefitMaster
    Options
    The_Deep wrote: »
    There has been a fallout and now you want £25k from someone else despite not giving anything to the early adopters ?

Hang on, who are these "early adopters"?

Information on how to beat PPC scams is everywhere, CAB, CA, Honest John, Motoring Associations, Notomob, local papers, national papers, motoring magazines, Watchdog, Mumsnet, etc., etc., etc. How will you decide who deserves what?

I've been a member of Pepipoo since 2005, a member here since not much later...
  • The_Deep
    The_Deep Posts: 16,830 Forumite
    Options
    We feel it is only right to comment on this matter and this will be our only comment. ...

Who are we? A reply via official channels will be perfectly acceptable.
    You never know how far you can go until you go too far.
  • BenefitMaster
    BenefitMaster Posts: 641 Forumite
    edited 2 December 2014 at 12:27PM
    Options
    Gosh - look how many posts this "new" poster has - he's clearly experienced in fighting Private parking Companies.

This will probably end up going to court - and it won't cost nearly as much as is claimed by the new poster.

Failing to comply with s Statutory demand will result in the winding up of the business.

Failing to comply with an injunction will result in a contempt of court order against the refusenik.

And Paypal won't keep paying out to a company when they are ordered to freeze the finances.

The only thing he got right, in fact, is that it will be dealt with in court.
  • bazster
    bazster Posts: 7,436 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Perky et al will be laughing their socks off at all this. Take it offline please.
    Je suis Charlie.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport