PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Weight Loss the Old Style Way! Part 8. Please read posts 1 and 2 before posting.

Options

Comments

• Need2bthrifty
    Need2bthrifty Posts: 1,470 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    :j:j Shred arrived and first session done - my goodness she doesn't half work those thighs and shoulders :eek: and all those star jumps :shocked: - need to get a new bra I think :laugh:

Tink - nice to see you back, I think quite a few of us can totally relate to what you've been going through and I hope things get sorted out through your doctor and blood tests.
  • LavenderBees
    LavenderBees Posts: 1,718 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    Welcome back, Tink! Glad you've managed to take those first few positive steps towards making yourself feel better. We've missed you! :)

I haven't posted for a day or two as my neck and shoulders have been [STRIKE]knac [/STRIKE] hurting badly - a mixture of stress/tension and bad posture at my desk, methinks. So I'm restricting the time on my home lappy for a few days to try to get some relief.

Today's plan (I'll draw a line under yesterday's..:rotfl:) is -

Brekkie - hm muesli

Lunch - hm celery soup (the dreaded soup) lo from last week and frozen. With a slice hm wholemeal bread

Dinner - lo salad, hm potato salad and hm pizzas

What's that? You can't hear what I'm having for dinner? Ok, time to 'fess up...it's hm pizza lo from yesterday's Father's Day - I made my parents make them - such fun!:rotfl:

Beautiful sunny day here, almost makes the heavy rain of the last couple of days worth it. Ouch, don't hit me, I'm joking! :rotfl:

Have a good 'un

LB xx
  • savesummore
    savesummore Posts: 1,132 Forumite
    Options
    Hi everyone Im back with renewed vigour today :j

I felt like poop this morning when I got up thanks to a weekend of eating total s**t and afew too many glasses of red wine sat night :o i dont drink very regular so it really effects me when I do!!)

So Today:

B: porridge, Banana
    S: Cheeries and a mini apple (part of Aldi super 6)
    L: LO roast chicken with salad, 1 jacobs flat bread cracker thing
    S: LF yog
    T: sausages roasted in oven with potatos, carrots and red onions (not the most diet friendly but ok)

Im off swimming tomorrow

Just need to keep the positive thought going :D

Welcome back TINK I think it sounds a good idea for you to weigh in less often if a 'bad week' can upset you (it upsets me too!!!)
    O/S weight loss 2.5 /10lbs (11st 8.0- 08.02)
  • EllaRose
    EllaRose Posts: 127 Forumite
    Options
    Got a huuuuuge butternut squash :T – used half to make 6 portions of Curried squash, lentil & coconut soup – oooooh liquid velvet :drool: :T.

Sounds delicious - do you have a recipe for it to share?? :):)

Hope everyone had a nice weekend, good to have you back as well Tink.
    I was overall quite good although my OH made a huge Tiramisu I couldn't resist...which is about as calorific as eating sticks of butter dunked in double cream!
    :)
  • Need2bthrifty
    Need2bthrifty Posts: 1,470 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    EllaRose wrote: »
    Sounds delicious - do you have a recipe for it to share?? :):)

my OH made a huge Tiramisu I couldn't resist...which is about as calorific as eating sticks of butter dunked in double cream!

:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl: Loved the idea of the Tiramisu but the bit about the butter made me gag _pale_

The soup is a BBC GoodFood recipe, but I cut down the quantities a bit.....not much freezer space....I don't seem to be able to do links have tried but not coming up, sorry, I just searched under Butternut Squash Soup.
  • Rose_Wood
    Rose_Wood Posts: 867 Forumite
    Options
    Afternoon All

It's actually quite warm and pleasant here today - long may it last. I took DS, DDiL and DGD out for lunch today as DH was away. Since then I've done a bit of pottering around, writing letters, sorting stuff etc and trying to keep away from snacks. I've got work this evening so won't have a problem then.

B: Grapefruit segments in light syrup
    L: Grilled chicken with new potatoes, carrots, cauliflower and cabbage - shared with DGD. Iced raspberry smoothie when I got home.
    D: Poached egg on toast. Raspberries with Greek yoghurt.
    Snacks: Piece of HM date and sultana oaty slice.

Exercise: 6 mile run/walk in the ratio of 7 minutes running, 3 minutes walking eight times. More walking, to and from run, cafe, work tonight, DS's etc which adds up to another 5 miles.

Rose
    Weight Loss Challenge 5/7/19 10st 6lbs
    Target 8st 12lbs

Daily Steps Challenge 16,000
    Average daily steps: January 19,317, February 19,449, March 20,330, April 22,026, May 20,412 June 15,690
  • EllaRose
    EllaRose Posts: 127 Forumite
    edited 18 June 2012 at 5:33PM
    Options
    Thanks N2BT, I love the BBC Good Food website anyway so I'll have a look. I'm getting bored of the same old veg/chicken/tomato soup rotation.

Edit: Found it here!
    http://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/1974663/curried-squash-lentil-and-coconut-soup
    :)
  • WelshWoofer
    WelshWoofer Posts: 5,076 Forumite
    Options
    ragz wrote: »
    Done fourth session of the Shred today, I feel ok after it now, no more jelly legs and unable to walk down the stairs! Amazing how quick the body adapts. I even did an extra bit last night as I was getting DH to go though some of the exercises with me, he's not overweight but want to turn his little bit of a belly into something more toned! We managed to get quite a lot done, was nice having the company, especially when the session ended in a little more exercise of the more enjoyable kind ;)

Oooh ragz - how naughty! Is it supposed to have that effect?:rotfl:Good job I live on my own!

Been quite good today and not had any snacks (yet).

Food ....
    Breakfast - cereal bar
    Lunch - wholewheat seeded wrap containing spinach leaves and quorn bits, grapes and a satsuma
    Tea - Baked potato, beans and cheese with a dash of Worcestershire sauce
    Later - strawberries
    Exercise - total of 60 mins dog walking so far, Shred later
  • snapping_crocodile
    Options
    Evening all. Well done to all of you doing the Shred....and ragz clearly your OH is on board with your exercise regime ;)

Busy day today so I haven't had the chance to pick, hoping I don't start this evening now :o

B - Cereals
    L - 4 rich tea biscuits (didn't have time for anything else :o)
    D - Mexican supper pot with tortilla chips to dip
    S - One slice of bread and butter (naughty but nice :D)
  • sock-knitter
    sock-knitter Posts: 1,630 Forumite
    Options
    just got back from a day out at the seaside, so done loads of walking, but also had a couple treats too

B weetabix and milk
    L fish and chips, and an ice cream
    T chicken in batter and salad
    s strawberry yogurt
    loves to knit and crochet for others
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts