PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Weight Loss the Old Style Way! Part 8. Please read posts 1 and 2 before posting.

Options

Comments

• EllaRose
    EllaRose Posts: 127 Forumite
    Options
    D - EllaRose’s Tomato & Courgette Gratin, h/g salad of radish, mixed salad leaves, sorrel :T

Did you enjoy? :)

OH and I finished off the tiramisu last night and its like a weight off my shoulders! :rotfl:Now there's nothing bad in the fridge except some dark chocolate (which for some reason, I find impossible to binge on as its so rich and heavy)
    :)
  • savesummore
    savesummore Posts: 1,132 Forumite
    Options
    I have been abit bad already today :o

B: porridge, banana
    S: cherries and grapes

Then....... 1 two finger kit kat and about 8 haribo sweets :eek:

L: Chciken salad, 1 jacoobs flat bread cracker thing

I will try and redeem today!!! Going swimmming later so that should help get some motivation going :T

I think I may get my 30 day shred off the shelf, dust it down and give it a whirl maybe tomorrow

Thanks everyone for posting it really is motivating :)
    O/S weight loss 2.5 /10lbs (11st 8.0- 08.02)
  • Need2bthrifty
    Need2bthrifty Posts: 1,487 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    edited 19 June 2012 at 2:11PM
    Options
    Ragz – I have progressed to ½ ltr bottles of water for weights about 100g heavier than the kidney beans, I don’t have much upper body strength so I think I may work my way up gradually to heavier weights.

Made the mistake of watching level 2 while I cooled down and had some water :eek::eek:

Ellarose – will let you know tomorrow as I’m having the Gratin for tonights evening meal.

:j:j Woop Woop – we have sun and clear skies!! may get some weeding done in the garden – that is if my thighs can stand the bending up and down.

ETA - 30mins later - spoke to soon just had thunder, lightening, torrential rain and hailstones, but sun bravely trying to get through again now that the storm has past.
  • sparrer
    sparrer Posts: 7,547 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Hi all, bit late today but got here eventually :)

B - dry-fried egg on slice of WW wm toast
    D - small mackerel with teaspoon tartare sauce, mange tout, fine beans, leek with tablespoon cheese sauce. Apple
    T - Chicken soup, 2 Crackerbread w/marmite, marmalade
    S - nectarine, melon, kiwi
    E - 1 hour pulm class, 20 mins gym. Knckered, looking forward to a siesta this afternoon ;).

Maybe a bit of gardening later, it's a beautiful day so not going to waste it :)
  • The_Dragon
    The_Dragon Posts: 9,749 Forumite
    Options
    ragz wrote: »
    So pleased for you! That is exactly what happened to me and a few weeks after the dose went up I feel great. The depression, lack of motivation and mood swings were driving me (not to mention DH) crazy! Really hope you feel better soon.

Just done day 5 of the Shred! It really is getting easier...

thanks Ragz - as soon as I mentioned my symptoms the Doc suggested upping the dosage (Goddess I luuuuurrrrrrrvvvvvvvvvvvvvveeeeeeeeeeee my surgery they are so good and helpful and good and .....!) I am hoping in a week or just over the trend will be reversing!
    Do not meddle in the affairs of Dragons, for thou art crunchy and good with catsup :D
    NSD 15/20, OS WL 21-6 (4) :(C.R.A.P R.O.L.L.Z #44 Twisted Firestarter, VSP #57 - £39.43
    :p Every Penny's a Prisoner :p
  • Rose_Wood
    Rose_Wood Posts: 867 Forumite
    edited 19 June 2012 at 5:08PM
    Options
    Afternoon All

It's a beautiful day here today and I've really enjoyed it. I've got to pop into work for an hour later this evening to check a new member of staff can cope but otherwise it's all free. I went swimming earlier and had the pool all to myself for the last quarter of an hour which was bliss.

B: Grapefruit segments in light syrup
    L: Poached egg on toast. Iced raspberry smoothie.
    D: Grilled chicken, petit pois, mushrooms, jacket potato and butter. Tinned pears.
    Snack: HM date and sultana oaty slice.

Exercise: 7 mile walk. 70 minutes in the pool - which equates to about 56 lengths of breast stroke at the speed I go. Walk to work and back later.

Those of you doing the Shred DVD. I did it last year. I started in January when I was at least 3 stone heavier and it took me a month to move off Level 1. I got all the way to Level 3 though and when I tried Level 1 again some time later it actually felt relatively easy!! So keep going - it really does work. I'm now doing Jillian Michaels 'Ripped in 30' but have only progressed to Level 2 - and this has 4 levels!

Rose
    Weight Loss Challenge 5/7/19 10st 6lbs
    Target 8st 12lbs

Daily Steps Challenge 16,000
    Average daily steps: January 19,317, February 19,449, March 20,330, April 22,026, May 20,412 June 15,690
  • WelshWoofer
    WelshWoofer Posts: 5,076 Forumite
    Options
    I'm Shredding too - just about to move onto Level 2 may be a day or two more at Level 1 just to be on the safe side. I don't do it every day - some days I do other exercise instead (somedays none:o) but I'm counting the number of times done in my signature - determined to do the full 30 sessions eventually.
    Tonight its swimming as I figure it will be quiet when the football is on - I'm Welsh but live in England so have zero interest in all of the fuss. The aim is to do at least 50 lengths in a good time without stopping. I have ahd a long day at work though so will have to force myself - I'm sure I'll be ok once I get going.

Food has been ok-ish....
    Breakfast - cereal bar (100 cal one)
    Snack - another cereal bar (100 cal one)
    Lunch - wholemeal seeded wrap with spinach and quorn bits and a teeny bit of grated cheese, satsuma, grapes, half a banana
    Snack - penguin
    Tea - pasta and sauce packet made with skimmed milk and no butter (couldn't be bothered and it was that or chocolate biscuits;))
    For after swimming - strawberries

Exercise - 60 mins dog walking and swimming later

Have also ordered 2 of the 10 minute solutions DVDs and Amazon say they are on the way.......
  • sb88_2
    sb88_2 Posts: 194 Forumite
    Options
    So! I' had an interview/assesment today, which meant there were 5 hours I couldn't eat!

B: oatty bar 139 calories
    L: ham roll, apricot, oatty bar (wouldn't usualy have two in one day but needed a snack in the car) and an apple
    D: beef casserole home made (tomatoes, stock cube, beef,potatoes carrots)
    Snacks: grapes and 2 apricots!

See if i can last the night without gorging :)
    Weightloss: 18lbs/28lbs (Start weight: 11st, Current 9st 10)
  • snapping_crocodile
    Options
    So here goes for today;

B - Cereals
    L - Ham roll and some pom bear crisps :D
    D - Prawn and rocket linguine with naughty garlic dough balls
    S - One rich tea....and maybe a fun size crunchie later ;)

Not sure I am going to have much success this week. I never thought I was great on the old 5 a day a count, but writing it sown really makes me realise how bad I am :cool:
  • savesummore
    savesummore Posts: 1,132 Forumite
    Options
    I have been swimming :j so trying to rescue today rather than just give up :)

Done 32 lengths which is ok

I think I might do 'the shred' tomorrow and borrow (steal) everyones idea of putting it in my signature :D. I got to Level 2 last time but never completed the 30 days :o

I treated myself to a rosem**y Con**ly magazine the weekend and have been browsing the last couple of nights have found some new snack ideas:

i) Dry cereal just 30g (this really appelas to me as its something I can nibble on at my desk)
    ii) 20g cheese and some cherry toms
    iii) mini bread sticks and cottage cheese
    iv) ryvita type cracker and triangle of low fat spread cheese
    v) Carrot/cucumber/celery sticks and some low plain yog with chives in- dip veg into it
    and of course the usual fruit, yougurt etc

HTH someone :D
    O/S weight loss 2.5 /10lbs (11st 8.0- 08.02)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.3K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure