Mr

Options
Does anyone have a percentage of positive outcomes for pip mandatory reconsiderations? Trying to decide whether it's worth my bother! Thanks

Comments

• Muttleythefrog
    Muttleythefrog Posts: 19,767 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    I don't have figures at hand... some do succeed but chances aren't probably as good as at appeal tribunal where perhaps half have joy. So many a claimant will imagine the MR to be a necessary step to enabling that appeal while having healthy consideration that with good argument, clever challenge and possibly new evidence that they can persuade another DWP Decision Maker to take a fresh look to useful effect.
    "Do not attribute to conspiracy what can adequately be explained by incompetence" - rogerblack
  • poppy12345
    poppy12345 Posts: 17,963 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    I don't have the actual figures either but most MR's remain the same. Very few people manage to get the decision changed at this stage.
  • Alice_Holt
    Alice_Holt Posts: 5,950 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    80% of DWP MR's remain unchanged.
    However, at tribunal 65% of PIP appeals succeed (having been refused at MR stage).
    Alice Holt Forest situated some 4 miles south of Farnham forms the most northerly gateway to the South Downs National Park.
  • skye_
    skye_ Posts: 122 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi, so how do I go about doing a MR? Can I just phone? I don't have any evidence so to speak but I had a nearly 2 hour assessment and the points were clearly covered by myself so I'm a bit taken back why I didn't get the points.

Also things on the report like 2 points for using the toilet!? She asked if I can use the toilet and I said yes no problem though they still gave me 2 points for this.

and.. If you as for a MR are you asking them to look at the whole claim again or just the points you're asking them to look at?

Thanks!
  • Diary
    Diary Posts: 591 Forumite
    Options
    skye_ wrote: »
    Hi, so how do I go about doing a MR? Can I just phone? I don't have any evidence so to speak but I had a nearly 2 hour assessment and the points were clearly covered by myself so I'm a bit taken back why I didn't get the points.

Also things on the report like 2 points for using the toilet!? She asked if I can use the toilet and I said yes no problem though they still gave me 2 points for this.

and.. If you as for a MR are you asking them to look at the whole claim again or just the points you're asking them to look at?

Thanks!

You can phone but I would strongly advise you to write keeping a copy. Keep the letter fairly simple to read but stating all the facts.

When you ask for MR they look at the whole award again not just those points you disagree with.
    Master Apothecary Faranell replied, “I assure you, overseer, the Royal Apothecary Society dearly wishes to make up for the tragic misguidance which ended so many lives. We will cause you no trouble. We seek only to continue our research in peace".
  • poppy12345
    Options

Thanks!
    Strongly advice you put it in writing pointing out where you think you should score those points. If you can get help with this from CAB i'd advice you to do so. You only have 1 month from the date of the decision. Yes, they look at the whole thing again. Most MR's come back to same so be prepared to take it to Tribunal. You really should try to get some evidence because if you've be refused without it having some will help! especially with the Tribunal which you'll most likely get as far as that. Evidence to prove that those descriptors apply to you.
  • skye_
    skye_ Posts: 122 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Any ideas why I got the toilet points lol? I said I didn't have any problems at all using it?
  • poppy12345
    Options
    Any ideas why I got the toilet points lol? I said I didn't have any problems at all using it?
    No idea. Just goes to prove that they never listen!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure