Calor gas delivery problems. Any others??

Options
Hi, is anyone getting problems with getting gas delivered. I'm with calor & have been waiting 13 days for a delivery. The site has a message up with something to do with problems with suppliers.
Anyone else getting problems with any supplier. I,m on about 4% left & that will only be a very few days.

Comments

• Mister_G
    Mister_G Posts: 1,928 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    edited 13 March 2018 at 11:36AM
    Options
    I had a delivery from my local supplier HBS (Winchester) on Thursday and he was telling me that there has been a major problem at the Esso plant at Fawley (Southampton), where a lot of the LPG for the South comes from.

They were having to go up to Manchester from Winchester to get supplies.

The issue was affecting all distributors including Calor and Flogas.

Apparently the fault has been repaired and the plant is up and running again. I can imagine that, what with the bad weather as well, supplies have been disrupted over a large area.
  • topsales
    topsales Posts: 351 Forumite
    Options
    Me too - have been trying to get through to Calor for 2 weeks now on the phone - impossible. Finally managed last week but was told that the delivery could take 'ages' as they are so far behind. This is in Cheshire. I am down to nearly empty with a cold weekend forecast. First winter I have used them and will be the last!
  • bellaboosmapu
    Options
    Yes, I'm running similarly low, though I'm based up in Scotland. It might be worth looking at the reviews on Trustpilot to gauge the extent of the problem.
  • topsales
    Options
    The reviews on Trustpilot and Facebook are atrocious! Doesn't seem to make any difference. I have contacted them over and over by email with no response.
  • redmen9
    redmen9 Posts: 22 Forumite
    Options
    Ordered gas 2 weeks ago from Calor (02/03/18). Spent 30 minutes on the phone and couldn't get through so registered to order online with the promise to deliver in 5 days.

Emailed them on Tuesday 13th as hadn't received the delivery and got a reply saying they'd deliver on or before the 15th. Didn't deliver yesterday (the 15th) so have contacted them again and now they say delivery for the 22/03/18.

My tank shows >5% don't think the dial drops below that so probably lower. They claim 5% will last me 2 weeks!!!

Beyond a joke!
  • bellaboosmapu
    Options
    If your gauge is anything like mine, it can go below 5%. I don't have a "0%" indicator, but I'm close to where it would be if it existed!
  • worried_jim
    worried_jim Posts: 11,631 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Reasons behind the shortage discussed today-

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b09tyzz3
  • LittleVermin
    Options
    Ombudsman? Yes, check this post on main "Bulk LPG .." thread. [Yes, that thread is a 'sticky' - so it sticks around at the top of the board. This thread will drop down the board as new threads are started....If you post in a sticky your post can be found simply by using the "Search this Thread" button with the appropriate word or words].

Good luck! - and please tell forum users (in the 'Bulk LPG...' sticky) how you got on. :)
  • Molly_Magic_2
    Options
    We don't have any gas currently - completely out so have no cooking facilities, hot water or heating and we've been told there's a 4-day wait from when clients phone (despite being on an auto-top up contract).
    Is anyone else in this position?
  • topsales
    Options
    I think lots of people are in this position. I ordered 2 weeks ago and last week was told it might be delivered before the 29th!!! I will be well out of gas by then despite having everything turned right down for the past few weeks.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure