Slow Forums in the early morning

Options
I know that I have posted about this before and after much ignoring on MSE Towers part, I finally got the answer that it was due to the server backing up.
Well it has taking longer these last few days and now stretches to about one and a half hours from 5am to 6:30am.
The only threads that show on the boards during this period are new threads, additions to exsisting threads do not show on the boards or in searches, this can make question and answer sessions or any kind of conversations almost impossible to keep going.

There is also a problem with posting during this period, the forum just hangs when you hit the reply button and it leaves you unsure if the post has actually made it on to the board this causes double posts from people who don't know what is going on during this slow time period.

I can't be the only person that is affected by this slowdown even though i seem to be the only voice complaining about it, when the forum goes back to normal, all of a sudden there are 2 or 3 pages of posts showing up in the 'new posts' search with times on them going right back to 1 minute after the slowdown started.

C'mon early morning posters, back me up on this.......please :o

Comments

• torbrex
    torbrex Posts: 71,340 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post Rampant Recycler Hung up my suit!
    Options
    Another thing that happens during this period.

If you happen to post on a thread that is 'turning a page' ie has reached 19 posts and the next post will start a new page, your post will 'disappear' and although the bottom of the page shows that there is a new page to go to, when you click it you are brough back to the top of the page you were viewing and the new post that you just made is not visible. The only way to get that post to show is to delete one of the previous posts on the page so that the new post is brought back and will then become number 19.
  • Lakshmi7
    Lakshmi7 Posts: 339,945 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    torbrex wrote: »
    I know that I have posted about this before and after much ignoring on MSE Towers part, I finally got the answer that it was due to the server backing up.
    Well it has taking longer these last few days and now stretches to about one and a half hours from 5am to 6:30am.
    The only threads that show on the boards during this period are new threads, additions to exsisting threads do not show on the boards or in searches, this can make question and answer sessions or any kind of conversations almost impossible to keep going.

There is also a problem with posting during this period, the forum just hangs when you hit the reply button and it leaves you unsure if the post has actually made it on to the board this causes double posts from people who don't know what is going on during this slow time period.

I can't be the only person that is affected by this slowdown even though i seem to be the only voice complaining about it, when the forum goes back to normal, all of a sudden there are 2 or 3 pages of posts showing up in the 'new posts' search with times on them going right back to 1 minute after the slowdown started.

C'mon early morning posters, back me up on this.......please :o

Here we go go again. :(

The site just hangs when you try to post a reply or a new thread.

You can't edit thread titles either, because if you do, MSE doesn't recognise the edit.

The site keeps crashing IE as well. :(
    It is a scientific fact that your body will not absorb calories if you take it from another person's plate.
    :A :A :A
    Chocolate is the answer and I don't give a damn what
    the question is.;)
  • torbrex
    Options
    Which IE version are you using and your operating system?

I have lost 2 posts this morning to a page change, I have changed my option to 30 posts a page and one of them has shown up but not the other one :(
  • torbrex
    Options
    To add insult to injury, today when the forum came back to normal at 6:30, it logged me out :(
  • joansgirl
    joansgirl Posts: 17,899 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    I've stopped posting in the early mornings coz I haven't got a spare 3 years to wait for the pages to load or for the post to appear :(
    floraison.gif
    Some people only exist as examples of what to avoid...
  • torbrex
    Options
    In spite of the fact it has been over 8 hours since my last post, I still get the message saying that I must wait 30 seconds between posts, please try again in 15 seconds.
  • torbrex
    Options
    Honestly, it would be better if you just closed the forum while doing the updates, it would be a damn sight less frustrating. :mad:
  • thewhiteavenger
    Options
    torbrex wrote: »
    In spite of the fact it has been over 8 hours since my last post, I still get the message saying that I must wait 30 seconds between posts, please try again in 15 seconds.

I often get that but I assume it was me accidentally pressing submit twice. Using the back button and refresh always shows that I made the post.

I usually come on here in that early morning period and can't say I have a problem. Maybe I'm just used to the site how it is at that time and it gets faster later? I use IE11.
  • Fruitcake
    Fruitcake Posts: 58,248 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I get the same problem with posts not appearing unless I submit them a second time.

Smilies don't work for me at all unless I copy and paste them, and I can't do strikethrough which reduces my abilty to post comments with comedic effect.

I can't post pictures anymore either unless I upload them to botophucket first.
    I married my cousin. I had to...
    I don't have a sister. :D
    All my screwdrivers are cordless.
    "You're Safety Is My Primary Concern Dear" - Laks
  • torbrex
    Options
    I am clicking on a link that is 2 days old then scrolling down to see posts that have been made today.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure