Suspended with pay.. Will I be sacked?

Options

Comments

• ConfusedMan999
    Options
    Thanks for all the advise and support so far everyone. I am taking it all on board, and hoping for the best come Tuesday afternoon, I'll keep you all updated on the outcome.

I'm on day 4 of this suspension and I am already finding myself so bored, I'm not used to having time off and no plans. I don't feel I can relax with everything being up the air as it is, I am really just waiting for the week to pass so I know where I stand. I have an interview for Friday next week, similar role, more money but a much longer commute The interview I have for Sunday is part time so not really suitable, but I'd rather have that than nothing.

I have a applied for a few others that I'm just waiting to hear back from, some that I am very interested in. To the guy who asked what would I do if I kept my job but then also had a good offer from elsewhere... Good question. Honestly, I would certainly be considering any other options.
  • Barny1979
    Barny1979 Posts: 7,921 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Control yourself, there is no need to swear at work especially when its customer service orientated.

I would disagree depending in what industry or with what you have to deal with......
  • Detroit
    Detroit Posts: 790 Forumite
    Options
    Barny1979 wrote: »
    I would disagree depending in what industry or with what you have to deal with......

In what industry or circumstances do you think you would need to swear in a customer orientated role?

Put your hands up.
  • Barny1979
    Barny1979 Posts: 7,921 Forumite
    Options
    Detroit wrote: »
    In what industry or circumstances do you think you would need to swear in a customer orientated role?

Did I say Customer orientated? Hence my comment of industry
  • Detroit
    Options
    Barny1979 wrote: »
    Did I say Customer orientated? Hence my comment of industry

No but xapprenticex did in the post you quoted and said you disagreed with. The discussion has been about appropriate behaviour in customer facing roles. I assumed your comments were relevant to that.

No doubt work environments where customers are not present have their own norms of behaviour, which may or may not include swearing. Unfortunately the OP doesn't work in one of them.

Put your hands up.
  • ScorpiondeRooftrouser
    Options
    No but xapprenticex did in the post you quoted and said you disagreed with. The discussion has been about appropriate behaviour in customer facing roles. I assumed your comments were relevant to that.

No, he said "there is no need to swear at work especially when its customer service orientated."
  • Detroit
    Options
    No, he said "there is no need to swear at work especially when its customer service orientated."

Sure. He also said 'need' and if we had a mind to we could focus on that word too, and debate the 'necessity' of swearing at work. Which, unless you're an actor reading a script, does not exist, making it difficult to disagree with any aspect of his post.

Put your hands up.
  • Smodlet
    Smodlet Posts: 6,976 Forumite
    Options
    Please let us know how you get on, ConfusedMan999 and good luck for Monday. Enjoy the week end if you can. :)
  • ScorpiondeRooftrouser
    Options
    Sure. He also said 'need' and if we had a mind to we could focus on that word too, and debate the 'necessity' of swearing at work. Which, unless you're an actor reading a script, does not exist, making it difficult to disagree with any aspect of his post.

Well, I've explained why you were wrong to take issue with the person you took issue with. If you still can't understand English, that's going to have to be your problem.
  • Detroit
    Options
    :j:beer:
    Well, I've explained why you were wrong to take issue with the person you took issue with. If you still can't understand English, that's going to have to be your problem.

You're very amusing when you're argumentative.

Put your hands up.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport