IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Lidl parking fine

Options
Hi all

I'm new to this forum so apologies if there is already a thread on this?
I've just got home to receive a fine for parking in Lidl for 11 mins last week as apparently there is a limit of 10 minute parking? (ironically most of y 11 minutes queuing at the till as they only had one on). I don't regularly shop there but have done so before several months ago for much longer and never received a fine. Is there any advice / guidance on how to appeal such a fine? I'm not sure i still have my receipt but I would have a bank statement to prove I was shopping in their store (but never will again!).

Help, advice or just sympathy welcome!

Comments

• Redx
    Redx Posts: 38,084 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    yes there is a thread for you to read

the NEWBIES FAQ sticky thread near the top of this forum

you complain to the LIDL CEO

and you appeal it using one of the templates in that NEWBIES sticky thread

we gets lots of these every week, same advice given, so read some of those too

ps:- its not a "fine" , its an invoice , and grace periods apply here, plus being a customer of theirs too
  • Quentin
    Quentin Posts: 40,405 Forumite
    Options
    Everyone is politely asked not to start a thread until they have read and understood the newbies faq thread near the top of the forum.

Go there now to see how to deal with this (both appealing and complaining to Lidl!)
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 132,341 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    The very first link in the NEWBIES thread takes you to 'successful complaints' with a recent post about who to email to get this cancelled (and it's not Athena).

You can also find the answer by searching the forum for 'Lidl' or 'Athena'. Been discussed to death...
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • kjrann
    kjrann Posts: 22 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Thanks everyone!
  • gendarme
    Options
    kjrann wrote: »
    Hi all

I'm new to this forum so apologies if there is already a thread on this?
    I've just got home to receive a fine for parking in Lidl for 11 mins last week as apparently there is a limit of 10 minute parking? (ironically most of y 11 minutes queuing at the till as they only had one on). I don't regularly shop there but have done so before several months ago for much longer and never received a fine. Is there any advice / guidance on how to appeal such a fine? I'm not sure i still have my receipt but I would have a bank statement to prove I was shopping in their store (but never will again!).

Help, advice or just sympathy welcome!

Lidl allow 10 minutes to pick up / drop off. If the 10 minutes is exceeded then the conditions for parking will apply e.g. enter registration at till terminal etc. which may require a till receipt bar code in order to do so.

This 10 minute allowance is never displayed anywhere.

The MD for LIDL changed recently and the new MD's email address is not yet known although I think I may have discovered it.
  • kjrann
    Options
    Gendarme - are you willing to share the new MDs name then to help with the appeal?
  • beamerguy
    beamerguy Posts: 17,587 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    kjrann wrote: »
    Gendarme - are you willing to share the new MDs name then to help with the appeal?

The MD is Mr Christian Härtnagel

Clearly he is bombarded with complaints so he now
    hides behind compliance@lidl.co.uk
  • DCFC79
    DCFC79 Posts: 40,598 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    How long had you been parked for OP ?
  • Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,443 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    DCFC79 wrote: »
    How long had you been parked for OP ?

All there in post #1.
    I've just got home to receive a fine for parking in Lidl for 11 mins last week as apparently there is a limit of 10 minute parking? (ironically most of y 11 minutes queuing at the till as they only had one on).
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
  • kjrann
    Options
    So I’ve used the templates in the Newbies thread. Lidl have responded to say as I have also contacted Athena they will allow them to deal with my appeal. Sadly I don’t have the receipt as i paid cash and gave to my in laws as i was shopping for them. I found a thread on the lidl community forum which said Lidl wouldn’t accept bank statements as evidence/proof of shopping in their store. Hey ho - will a response from Athena ��
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure