Sky's diabolical service . . .'

Options
I've been a Sky customer since January 2017. Up until 2 weeks ago, I had intermittent TV service. Many phone calls to Sky were made and then visits from engineers who fixed various issues (supposedly) with the dish, the wiring, the box, etc, etc. On the penultimate phone call to Sky last month, I was told it was actually a software issue and to wait a couple more weeks in order for my problem to be fixed. I have done this and things now seem ok and I can actually turn on Sky and watch something - amazing! Last week I thought I'd phone Sky and ask for some recompense for all of the months I have had no service and have had to resort to watching Freeview . . . . Would you believe they have no records of most of the calls I have made to them and had the cheek to offer me £12. I've refused and asked to put a complaint into the complaints department. I was told I would have a return call within 72 hours. I am still waiting! Has anyone else had this software issue?

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    Options
    Surely someone in that time advised you to update your software? A simple search would take you to Sky's own help pages: https://www.sky.com/help/articles/manually-update-sky-box-software
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 26,612 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    On the penultimate phone call to Sky last month, I was told it was actually a software issue and to wait a couple more weeks in order for my problem to be fixed. I have done this and things now seem ok
    Software updates are received over the air (usually in the early hours).

You are not disconnecting the box from the wall socket each night are you?

This will have resulted in all your problems.

Sky won't compensate (much) for user error, but I'm surprised the Sky call centre didn't mention this possibility to you...
  • Infidel
    Infidel Posts: 1,226 Forumite
    Options
    I keep hearing how I shouldn't switch to TalkTalk because of their terrible service. But it seems that all the companies are terrible in some way.

Sky's 'chat online' service just never works for example.
    Instigated terrorism the road to dictatorship.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure