Iva finished PPI claim accepted now RBS won't pay in full !

Options
1235»

Comments

• neelia
    neelia Posts: 5 Forumite
    Options
    Received today 1st cheque which is banked. Also received, signature verification for payment of £7.5k with a further 8 cheques to be received over the next couple of days Total to be paid to me £17k.

Good old RBS.

A message to everyone who fears that claiming PPI post Trust Deed is worthless - then think again. Nothing ventured, nothing gained.

I'll post again once the rest of the cheques have been banked.
  • SCOTSMANJIM3232
    Options
    I think RBS surely could do themselves a massive favour here and when investigating claims before sending out offers check to see what circumstances accts are in first i find myself in the same situation here had a trust deed many years ago ended in 2005 last year got a call from a ppi company and decided to go through all loans i could ever remember RBS being one of them alas 8 months later rbs advised did have a loan and after investigating this advised me in writing we owe you 2,411 quid so have filled back the acceptance but not expecting to recieve a single penny...so why put people through this in the first place and sad thing now i still have ppi management to pay...ridiculous
  • Ashley7891
    Options
    I know this is an old thread so sorry for digging it back up, I am in the same boat as the original poster and neelia, at the stage where RBS are confirming with IP that IVA is ended and they will confirm
    No interest in any money, I'm just wondering if many other people have had this since the original post was written? If so any success stories? Thanks
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Ashley7891 wrote: »
    I'm just wondering if many other people have had this since the original post was written? If so any success stories? Thanks
    Post on the IVA board.
  • jessegee
    jessegee Posts: 105 Forumite
    Options
    Interesting situations, I see both sides, as a completed Iva survivor, partly caused by an injury claim that wasn't honoured on a technicality, and our own niavity/ stupidity, but I've never claimed ppi.
    I understand the emotion, everything from gut wrenching shame, panic, survival anger and sensitivity, especially with a family to support.
    We're out the other side , 6 years since completion, and we've got on with our lives , going forward, working hard and improving our lot and others in a fair and honourable way ( it was a life lesson !)
    The reason we haven't claimed is varied, the company was wrong to sell us insurance that they couldn't honour, ( I was self employed and although I told them, I didn't read the small print) but they lost thousands when the Iva company took all our "repayment money" and only gave our creditors pennies in comparison. ( at one point paid £500pm to Iva, bank received approx £3........)
    So in our eyes, the bank suffered the loss terribly.

I'm waiting for the day when Iva companies are held up to an enquiry over excessive profits. I shall watch with interest how that unfolds.

My advice is let it go, take the interest with thanks, invest it for your kids future, and spend the time loving and enjoying your family, in all the best ways that really matter. I've learned to be selfish towards those companies who want to make a immoral profit out of my life!

Best wishes
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 26,612 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    jessegee wrote: »
    My advice is let it go
    I'm pretty sure that, almost four years on from starting this thread, the OP has already done precisely that. :)
    "Kernits" last logged in to this site in June 2013 and "Neelia" in January 2014!
    http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/member.php?u=1853927

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/member.php?u=2237134

(Any particular reason why you bumped this? )
  • jessegee
    jessegee Posts: 105 Forumite
    Options
    Oops, I missed the date on this post, hadn't realised it was so long ago.
    With all the recent media talk about PPI's I wondered how many claims were from past IVA customers, so I searched here and found this post. I just felt moved to reply.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure