Options
    September
    ratkarth wrote: »
    amazing phantomoffer
    gutted ive booked all hotels and shows
    am tempted though now...
    is 3 shows excesive in one visit?

Are you kidding? No way.

It depend how long you are there for, but we have done 4 evening shows and a couple of afternoon shows over 7 nights.

We are going for 13 nights in September, have 3 shows booked so far and another 8(!) pencilled in, inlcuding 2 afternoon shows. We will probably end up doing 6 evening and 1 afternoon.

I also received the email from the Venetian and think the Phantom offer is a great deal. I'm tempted even though we've seen it before. Hubby really enjoyed it, but I kept nodding off due to jetlag.
  • Froggitt
    Froggitt Posts: 5,904 Forumite
    Options
    December ( including Xmas and New Year )
    And, advertised flights......eg 3 Jly 09, Virgin are offering flights for say £374 in Nov 09 from Gatwick.
    illegitimi non carborundum
  • luci
    luci Posts: 5,958 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    September
    I WANNA UPDATE THE POLL WITH MY NEW DATES!!:j

Trets, is there any way the poll can be amended to allow additional dates to be added?
  • CvPiper
    CvPiper Posts: 193 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    May
    luci wrote: »
    Well after posting last night that you could only vote once in the poll, I really didn't expect to need to vote again so soon.

I've just booked this morning to go back 30 April - 14 May!!! Woooo hooo!! My birthday trip.

When I saw on here that BA had a sale I went to the site and priced it. Got a price of £596 which was more than I got a couple of weeks ago.

However I got the email from BA and using the link in the email the flights came out at £470 each. They were £379 without the Aberdeen add on.

Now I want to update the poll with my new trip!!

Thats practically the same as I was quoted earlier, we get married here on the 15th May, so will be flying in the week etc, might book these tonight I think :rolleyes:
  • CvPiper
    CvPiper Posts: 193 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    May
    P.s. Have you sorted any accomodation yet, it looks a bit early from the offers, perhaps I will look at that again around September to book for May 2010.
  • Froggitt
    Froggitt Posts: 5,904 Forumite
    Options
    December ( including Xmas and New Year )
    Are you kidding? No way.

It depend how long you are there for, but we have done 4 evening shows and a couple of afternoon shows over 7 nights.

We are going for 13 nights in September, have 3 shows booked so far and another 8(!) pencilled in, inlcuding 2 afternoon shows. We will probably end up doing 6 evening and 1 afternoon.

I also received the email from the Venetian and think the Phantom offer is a great deal. I'm tempted even though we've seen it before. Hubby really enjoyed it, but I kept nodding off due to jetlag.

So did I!!!

Wasnt the theatre fab. And all those dummies down the side in the private boxes.
    illegitimi non carborundum
  • trets77
    trets77 Posts: 2,886 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I WANNA UPDATE THE POLL WITH MY NEW DATES!!:j

Trets, is there any way the poll can be amended to allow additional dates to be added?

i don't know . :confused:

try asking Lorweld who closed the last thread ( find him as the last post on part 1 ) or Crabman the travel board Mod .
    Better in my pocket than theirs :rotfl:
  • davidmcg2u
    davidmcg2u Posts: 391 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    edited 3 July 2009 at 2:59PM
    Options
    September
    Hi guys,

Looking at booking a trip to New York + Vegas in September as I'm going to see The Killers in MB on 19th.

Thought I had it all sussed out with Expedia for flights & City and Show for accomodation. I tried to work out flights so I had max. time in bioh cities by arriving early afternoon.

Plan is (hopefully) as follows:

15/9 - Glasgow - New York
    3 nights at The New Yorker @ £307

18/9 New York - Las Vegas
    5 nights at Mirage £334

BTW - 4 nights in Palazzo from 18th is £325 - very tempted but for extra £9 get to stay an extra night in Vegas at the Mirage!

23/9 Las Vegas - Edinburgh via New York (1hr 10min change)

Flights were working in at £932 for both of us flighing with Continental but when I went in last nght to book they jumped £200 & stayed like this for about 2 hours. Then I checked just before I went to bed & back to original price - left it with intentions of sorting it all today whilst I was awake!!

Anyway have just checked & the flights now up to £1052. Do you think they keep moving automatically because of the interest show - ie the fact that I have been checking prices all week?

I have booked hotels with Expedia but never flights so no experience with that.

Also, the flight home, the arrival into NY only gives me just over an hour to change - is this too risky? There is another flight but this would give me 3-4 hours in NY waiting on our connection.

Oh and out of curiosity has any stayed at New Yorker?

Thanks!
  • c_l_a_i_r_e
    c_l_a_i_r_e Posts: 4,647 Forumite
    Options
    July
    david i was pricing continental flights for a few weeks before we finally booked. On expedia the prices fluctuated by around £150-200 constantly during that time, even within the same day so keep checking. I booked with netflights in the end, as they had the cheapest price so might be worth checking them out as well ? Also check continentals website as well, although for the flights we wanted they were more expensive but on other dates they were the same price as expedia/netflights.
    :starmod:C'est la vie:starmod:
  • ferf1223
    ferf1223 Posts: 8,935 Forumite
    Options
    October , November
    davidmcg2u wrote: »
    Also, the flight home, the arrival into NY only gives me just over an hour to change - is this too risky? There is another flight but this would give me 3-4 hours in NY waiting on our connection.

I personally would not touch a connecting flight without at least 2 hours between...we used to fly via ERW on Continental quite a lot but even if you don't have a terminal change and even if your bags are checked through, 1:10 doesn't give a lot of time for any delays at all...if it all goes to schedule, it's probably fine...but if not it could be a lot of hectic rushing (which I hate)...I suppose that if the inbound flight causes you to miss the connection, they'll have to get you home somehow.
    Does remembering a time that a certain degree of personal responsibility was more or less standard means that I am officially old?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure