Getting a new born's birth certificate urgently.

Options

Comments

• LEJC
    LEJC Posts: 9,618 Forumite
    Options
    I'm very confused with this thread...have you actually booked all the flights etc....and in that case what have you done about informing the airline that you will be travelling with a baby....I understand a seat won't be allocated but surely they need to know details and if those details are not already in place they may charge for an amendment to the booking.....

If your medical team are confident that your unborn child is not at risk then have they perhaps suggested an earlier induction...

I think that perhaps you need to stop thinking about "the wedding" and perhaps concentrate on the birth of your new child...if everything fits into place then go for it by all means ...but babies come when they are ready and sometimes thats not always at the best planned moments.

of course your daughter can still go to the wedding,with your husband...but she may miss out on some wonderful bonding time with her new sibling also....choices,choices.

I am sure your brothers and their new wives will understand completely why you may not be there....its also a wonderful excuse for them to visit you when everything settles down,see their new neice or nephew and perhaps have a dress up in their wedding clothes for your daughter too.....
    frugal October...£41.82 of £40 food shopping spend for the 2 of us!

2017 toiletries challenge 179 out 145 in ...£18.64 spend
  • unforeseen
    unforeseen Posts: 7,284 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    You really need to check with the airline that you plan to fly with. Some insist baby must be at least 2 weeks old.
  • indianabones
    Options
    Nothing wrong with dad taking your daughter and the baby staying at home with it's mother.

Hubby is awesome, I've said to him he should go with our daughter if we can't all go together, his response is, we either all go together as a family, or we don't go at all. He wouldn't be able to focus on the wedding because we'd be constantly on his mind.

@LEJC. We haven't booked the tickets. We will be booking tickets closer to the time once we are in a position to.

@Unforseen. Airlines has no issues with new-born travelling providing the GP issues a safe to fly letter. We have multiple choices for airlines anyway, that's not really a concern.
  • peachyprice
    peachyprice Posts: 22,346 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    pjcox2005 wrote: »
    Think for passports you can get same day appointments now if willing to drive,

No, you can't for a child's first passport, the quickest service you can use is fast track, which takes 1 week.
    Accept your past without regret, handle your present with confidence and face your future without fear
  • LEJC
    LEJC Posts: 9,618 Forumite
    Options

@LEJC. We haven't booked the tickets. We will be booking tickets closer to the time once we are in a position to.

Flying within a week of christmas and you've not booked tickets yet.....good luck with that!
    frugal October...£41.82 of £40 food shopping spend for the 2 of us!

2017 toiletries challenge 179 out 145 in ...£18.64 spend
  • haras_nosirrah
    Options
    honestly - I would send your daughter with her dad and grandparents and skype the wedding. That close to the birth is going to be very difficult to manage. If baby comes early then re evaluate but prepare for not going and prepare your daughter for you not going.
    I am a Mortgage Adviser
    You should note that this site doesn't check my status as a Mortgage Adviser, so you need to take my word for it. This signature is here as I follow MSE's Mortgage Adviser Code of Conduct. Any posts on here are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as financial advice.
  • BorisThomson
    BorisThomson Posts: 1,721 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    In my area urgent appointments are reserved for stillbirths.

Please keep this in perspective. Your issue is not urgent. You should book a normal appt.
  • sweetilemon
    sweetilemon Posts: 2,243 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    What country is it? You seem set on the idea so I hope it does work out for you but I would make sure you are up to date with medical insurance and aware about where the nearest hospital is. From a bereaved mum that took a healthy full term baby home, things can change very quickly with new born's, no matter how healthy they were at the last check from a midwife or health visitor.
  • indianabones
    Options
    What country is it?

I'm really sorry to hear that.

India. We have family there, in fact most of our relatives are there, so finding hospitals and being taken care of won't be an issue.

Realistically I don't think we'll be able to go anyway, time won't be on our side.
  • peachyprice
    peachyprice Posts: 22,346 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    You'd take a non-immunised 2 week old baby to India? For a wedding?
    Words fail me.
    Accept your past without regret, handle your present with confidence and face your future without fear
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure