Baby Dan highchair cushion budget option needed

Options
So I have a 5 month old little girl. I had planned to get an IKEA high chair but got a bargain BabyDan one from eBay 😀😀
I have put her in it to try (although not yet weaning) and i think we really do need some cushioning on it. The baby Dan ones are about £30!! Anyone got any ideas for a budget option? (I'm not crafty so couldn't make one)

Also as a side note I'm planning baby led weaning, do you think I need to buy the tray for it? TIA
Recently married and loving it x

Comments

• MaggieP4
    Options
    Good find, I always fancied a BabyDan one myself! I would say, as long as you have a table you can use, dont bother with a tray as its only one more thing to clean (baby led weaning is so much fun!) I would also say do you really need the cushions as they are only small for such a short time. I stuffed a cushion off the sofa behind DS1 in the beginning!
    It would be quite easy to make those wrap around cushions with an old duvet and pillow cases cut up, some stick on velcro to attach the ends together, some Copydex glue and a bit of bravery. Alternatively, you could consider treating yourself to a proper set now then selling them at the end for a bit of return?
  • pigpen
    pigpen Posts: 40,998 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    make sure you tighten up any screws frequently.. ours collapsed with small in it!
    LB moment 10/06 Debt Free date 6/6/14
    Hope to be debt free until the day I die
    Mortgage-free Wannabee (05/08/30)
    6/6/14 £72,454.65 (5.65% int.)
    08/12/2023 £33602.00 (4.81% int.)
  • nightsky224
    nightsky224 Posts: 901 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    MaggieP4 wrote: »
    Good find, I always fancied a BabyDan one myself! I would say, as long as you have a table you can use, dont bother with a tray as its only one more thing to clean (baby led weaning is so much fun!) I would also say do you really need the cushions as they are only small for such a short time. I stuffed a cushion off the sofa behind DS1 in the beginning!
    It would be quite easy to make those wrap around cushions with an old duvet and pillow cases cut up, some stick on velcro to attach the ends together, some Copydex glue and a bit of bravery. Alternatively, you could consider treating yourself to a proper set now then selling them at the end for a bit of return?

I know you have a good point I was just hoping I could buy a cheap one and not engage brain!
    pigpen wrote: »
    make sure you tighten up any screws frequently.. ours collapsed with small in it!

Thank you, will do
    Recently married and loving it x
  • Serena03
    Serena03 Posts: 192 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi, we use a chair cushion from ikea and it does the trick! We haven't got the same high chair but it's only £4.50 and it has velcro fastenings on so it should stay put! http://www.ikea.com/gb/en/catalog/categories/departments/Textiles/20542/ hope this helps

Also for baby lead weaning a tray is essential..unless you can prop it next to a table of the right height...either way a tray will help them explore food in their own time!
    'Never give up on something that you can't go a day without thinking about';):)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure