IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Indigo Appeal Rejection Railway

Options
Afternoon,

It appears I have messed up! In essence, I had a monthly parking permit for an Indigo managed railway carpark but did not display the permit as for weeks I had done so [by accident!] without a ticket, but one day they decided to ticket me.

Without reading the forum I appealed giving a copy of my permit and admitting to being the driver, providing my address etc [doh!]. I did this thinking common sense would prevail as I had a permit! However my appeal was rejected.

It now appears I cannot appeal to POPLA as it was at a railway station [despite saying I can on the back of the PCN]. I have since seen on this forum Indigo are no longer requesting drivers details from the DVLA [but I have openly given these to them on appeal!] and I have also noticed that all the indigo parking conditions signs at the station have been removed [on purpose or vandalised?] but I did not mention this in my appeal!

In essence, any independent assessor would deem this ticket unfair however I no longer have an appeal process and Indigo have my details that I gave them on appeal. Should I pay the reduced ticket or...?

Thanks for your help!

Comments

• pappa_golf
    pappa_golf Posts: 8,895 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    ok , now sit back and see if the railway company take you to court , they have 6 mths to do it

we were discussing this here http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5783103

please dont come back telling us about debt collector letters , only return if you get a MCOL from the parking co , or a summons from magistrates court , please read that thread
    Save a Rachael

buy a share in crapita
  • KeithP
    KeithP Posts: 37,650 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Do not pay anything.

So they have the driver's details... so what?

There is no way that they can do anything with that information.
    You will not go to court.

Have a read of post #1 of the NEWBIES FAQ sticky thread, in particular, look for the answer to this question:

Q - ''My windscreen Notice is a 'PENALTY' from a Railway car park, issued by a private firm (Indigo), what do I do?''
  • fisherjim
    fisherjim Posts: 6,036 Forumite
    Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    And why would you consider paying a scam charge, when you have paid for parking to the TOC (who would be the ones responsible for court proceedings) anyway
  • bobthebuilder21
    Options
    Thank you for the replies! I had read the FAQ about Indigo not getting details from the DVLA anymore for railway tickets but wasn't sure how applicable that was when I gave my details on appeal.

One other query the car is a company car [therefore not registered to me] does this affect this at all? I read somewhere about the advisable process being different with company cars? Cheers
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,730 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Well as you have given your details, they can only send letters to you. So you did the right thing.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • pappa_golf
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    funny situation company car , normally you are told to appeal , to keep hire co out of loop

a: they already have your name/address

b; they are not getting info from the dvlA

if you are thinking of writing to the BPA , read the otyher post for there answer

you have to "appeal" to the magistrates , direct info from Indigos ATA , so do that , wait untill you are summoned and appeal to the magistrate

there are a couple of things that will make this not happen

1: not displaying ticket is not a bylaw offence

2: indigo are not going to work (hard? and then hand it to a TOC to spend money only for it to go to the crown
    Save a Rachael

buy a share in crapita
  • bobthebuilder21
    Options
    Pappa golf thanks for the reply, slightly confused by your reply though. What does ATA stand for? Are you saying I should appeal to the magistrates or just do nothing based on the knowledge they cannot summon me for not displaying a ticket? Thanks!
  • Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,354 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    edited 28 January 2018 at 10:17PM
    Options
    Are you saying I should appeal to the magistrates
    No, PG, tongue in cheek, is quoting the nonsense the BPA, Indigo’s Accredited Trade Association (ATA), spewed out when cornered about the fact that there was no longer an independent appeals process for such charges.

The Mags Court is not where someone goes to ‘appeal’! Far from it.
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
  • pappa_golf
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Approved trade assoc , there are 2 the BPA and the IPC (or whatever they are called this week)

indigo are a member of the BPA , who have decided not to handle appeals anymore on bylaw land

this is now a funny situation , as any parking co that is a member of a ATA MUST offer an independent appeal!

as state3d the BPA are scratching there heads and giving out stupid info "you must appeal to the court" !!!!!!!!

you CANNOT appeal to the magistrates court , YOU are summoned (or NOT)

I suspect things are happening in the background and as in a scottish BPA case they offered IPC who are able to handle scottish ones

to expand:

you do NOTHING now , you will get debt collection letters by the score , several different companies , but check names on footers! (same) , ONLY come back here if you get a proper letter before court , or this goes to mags (it will not)

as in john lennon airport / VCS , this company will not kill its golden goose by being ridiculed in the CC

they are asking for £100 , NOT to tell the train Co , who will not proceed as

1: waste of money

2: no such bylaw as fail to display

indigo = smoke and mirrors
    Save a Rachael

buy a share in crapita
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,730 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Pappa golf thanks for the reply, slightly confused by your reply though. What does ATA stand for? Are you saying I should appeal to the magistrates or just do nothing based on the knowledge they cannot summon me for not displaying a ticket? Thanks!

The bit in bold.

Relax!

:)
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure