Tesco Clubcard/Vouchers/Points/Deals - Post All Questions Here [merged]

Options

Comments

• no1catman
    no1catman Posts: 2,972 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    cyberem78 wrote: »
    Hi, wonder if someone could help me.
    Have the clubcard vouchers for May now been sent out? I haven't got mine although still have points showing on my account. I also don't recall getting them in February but according to my account they were spent. Bit worried now since the fraud posts.

Vouchers should have arrived by the 25th May. Have you changed address at all recently? For example Feb vouchers went to old address, used by someone else, but then mail returned to CC., so no further post sent out, points just accumulate.
    Or, you had the Feb vouchers ok, then opted to go in the Christmas Saver - so points accumulate 'til November.
    If the former CC can arrange a 'reissue' mailing once the details have been updated.
    Either way you'll need to ring asap, to find out what's what.
    I used to work for Tesco - now retired - speciality Clubcard
  • HCaz
    HCaz Posts: 5 Forumite
    Options
    Hi,

I've been collecting Avios via my Tesco ClubCard for several years and as yet have never spent any of them so I have a decent balance.

I am also looking to make a big purchase on my ClubCard Credit Card in the next few weeks therefore collecting a significant amount of new clubcard points and I'm wondering whether I should keep ploughing the points into Avios or whether to switch to of the other flight schemes that CLubCard offers i.e. Virgin.

The reviews on the tesco website are that Virgin is far better than Avios, but does anyone have any experience of this? And if you were me where would you redeem your points; Avios or somewhere else?

thanks
  • no1catman
    Options
    HCaz:

Once you've converted your vouchers into Avios, you cannot change those into something else, only amend it for future vouchers.
  • richard-
    richard- Posts: 147 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Are there any promo codes for those opening a new clubcard?
    Audi - Vorsprung durch Technik :D
  • steve1500
    steve1500 Posts: 1,438 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    HCaz wrote: »
    Hi,

I've been collecting Avios via my Tesco ClubCard for several years and as yet have never spent any of them so I have a decent balance.

I am also looking to make a big purchase on my ClubCard Credit Card in the next few weeks therefore collecting a significant amount of new clubcard points and I'm wondering whether I should keep ploughing the points into Avios or whether to switch to of the other flight schemes that CLubCard offers i.e. Virgin.

The reviews on the tesco website are that Virgin is far better than Avios, but does anyone have any experience of this? And if you were me where would you redeem your points; Avios or somewhere else?

thanks

You need to think where you are hoping to fly to and when.

Don't forget you have ot pay the taxes & fuel surcharges.

For example If you are hoping to get a direct flight to Orlando during the school holidays - forget it, But you could probably do it via New York requires a lot of research
    Private Parking Tickets - Make sure you put your Subject Access Request in after 25th May 2018 - It's free & ask for everything, don't forget the DVLA :D
  • ***xyz***
    ***xyz*** Posts: 307 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    Good morning :)

I wondered if any of you got sent in the post a card thing from Tesco. If you spend x amount over the next 4 weeks, you got a voucher back ie., spend £50 for the next for weeks and get a voucher for £25.

Does anyone know what week we will be on on tomorrow (Monday 24th)? Is it week 3 or week 4?

The reason I ask is that i threw the card away, not expecting to spend that much. I now realise that I have spent that for the last couple of weeks, so just wondered if it were worth carrying on.

Hope someone knows what I'm talking about.

Thank you
    Your = belongs to you
    You're = you are
  • harvestmoon
    harvestmoon Posts: 261 Forumite
    Options
    Hi all
    Had a nasty experience in tesco over a meal deal and want to write to the Head of the company to complain.
    However, I can't locate the email address on this site for love nor money! ( Even though I KNOW I've seen it here before!)
    Could anyone help me please? I think it was Stuart Rose???
    Thanks in advance.
  • jeffkenny
    jeffkenny Posts: 82 Forumite
    Options
    Having used Tesco vouchers in Prezzo many times over the years, this evening we went to Prezzo in Billericay for a birthday treat for my daughter. Now, despite eating in Prezzo with Tesco vouchers for my wife's birthday at the beginning of June with no problems, we found out tonight that Prezzo no longer accept Tesco vouchers on the children's meals! :mad: And after reading the Tesco Rewards website, the same applies to Pizza Express, even though we ate there for Father's Day three weeks ago!!

A few years ago these vouchers could be used for everything, including drinks but then drinks were excluded, (which caught us out when paying for a meal in Cafe Uno in 2006 with no cash between us!) which I guess is understandable. But to now exclude children's meals as well is madness! Surely many families use these vouchers and wouldn't necessarily go to these restaurants otherwise. When they realise they can't be used in full anymore, I expect many people will look to other offers to spend their Tesco tokens, such as Days Out vouchers, where they will get better value.

What does grate on me though, is that when we ordered these vouchers two months ago, kids meals WERE included and the really annoying thing is we are now stuck with a £10 Prezzo voucher that we expected to use this evening and are now stuck with, because we won't be back!! :mad:
  • no1catman
    Options
    Hi all
    Had a nasty experience in tesco over a meal deal and want to write to the Head of the company to complain.
    However, I can't locate the email address on this site for love nor money! ( Even though I KNOW I've seen it here before!)
    Could anyone help me please? I think it was Stuart Rose???
    Thanks in advance.

Define 'nasty' i.e. do you staff in the store were abusive, when you asked a civil question, or that you were over-charged!?

Why not give the Customer Service people a chance to deal with it first? Check your receipt there's usually a 'comments' email to send a message to, if no joy then consider going higher.
  • Mumto2
    Mumto2 Posts: 1,348 Forumite
    Options
    jeffkenny wrote: »
    Having used Tesco vouchers in Prezzo many times over the years, this evening we went to Prezzo in Billericay for a birthday treat for my daughter. Now, despite eating in Prezzo with Tesco vouchers for my wife's birthday at the beginning of June with no problems, we found out tonight that Prezzo no longer accept Tesco vouchers on the children's meals! :mad: And after reading the Tesco Rewards website, the same applies to Pizza Express, even though we ate there for Father's Day three weeks ago!!

A few years ago these vouchers could be used for everything, including drinks but then drinks were excluded, (which caught us out when paying for a meal in Cafe Uno in 2006 with no cash between us!) which I guess is understandable. But to now exclude children's meals as well is madness! Surely many families use these vouchers and wouldn't necessarily go to these restaurants otherwise. When they realise they can't be used in full anymore, I expect many people will look to other offers to spend their Tesco tokens, such as Days Out vouchers, where they will get better value.

What does grate on me though, is that when we ordered these vouchers two months ago, kids meals WERE included and the really annoying thing is we are now stuck with a £10 Prezzo voucher that we expected to use this evening and are now stuck with, because we won't be back!! :mad:

I can see the statement against Prezzo on the website but not on the Pizza Express section.

I agree that this is very disappointing, especially if not stated when vouchers ordered.

With 3 kids, I won't be using these places anymore on my vouchers :(
    Now proud Mumto3 :j
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family