IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Private parking ticket

Options

Comments

• girllikeme1
    girllikeme1 Posts: 207 Forumite
    edited 17 April 2014 at 5:25PM
    Options
    SO... Having done the wrong thing so far and sent a stupidly vague one liner to the PPC who replied rejecting my appeal within minutes, do I now go straight to POPLA or revert to the PPC with a letter per the suggested template? :-/ and do I wait until I get a notice in the post until I do anything further?
  • bod1467
    bod1467 Posts: 15,214 Forumite
    Options
    Did you get a POPLA code in the rejection?
  • girllikeme1
    Options
    Yes and it also says refer to the grounds on which you can claim. Presumably because looking at these there's no option just to claim because the charge is unjust?
  • kirkbyinfurnesslad_2
    Options
    Redx wrote: »
    that is because the situation doesnt matter

you appeal on not a gpeol , no contract , bad signage etc

all dealt with in the newbies thread

Basically , the punishment does not fit the "crime"

No this it not good advice for Napier. They own or lease a lot of their car parks. They have also won previously on gpeol
    Proud to be a member of the Anti Enforcement Hobbyist Gang.:D:T
  • Redx
    Redx Posts: 38,084 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    ok, let me be more ambiguous then

use legal appeal points that you think are justified and can win at popla, bearing in mind napier have evidence of rule breaking due to using the bought ticket from one vehicle on another vehicle which you have not refuted

clearly I have no idea what those legal points may be and neither does the OP

if its true that they are the landowner as well as the ppc then they do have the right to take you to court and let a judge decide
  • kirkbyinfurnesslad_2
    Options
    Napier are quite litigious so not a good move I am afraid to say
  • girllikeme1
    Options
    I think they may indeed own the land :-/ Kirkby are you saying I'm probably better off cutting my losses and paying the £40?
  • kirkbyinfurnesslad_2
    Options
    I think they may indeed own the land :-/ Kirkby are you saying I'm probably better off cutting my losses and paying the £40?

Imho with this lot its a close run thing.
    I wouldnt blame you for paying this lot, this amount. Not saying I would personally.
  • Redx
    Redx Posts: 38,084 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options

its the only guaranteed way of ending the matter at a fixed price

most people who come on here have got legitimate complaints but yours is an allegation of deliberate deception due to using one ticket from one vehicle on another vehicle

so given what KIFL has said above, its obviously harder to win at popla or in court
  • girllikeme1
    edited 17 April 2014 at 8:55PM
    Options
    Is not buying a ticket or outstaying your time more legitimate? I'm not sure.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure