Bank no longer issues cheques

Options

Comments

• Robin9
    Robin9 Posts: 12,105 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    Still waiting for siergertyp to tell us which bank this is.
    Never pay on an estimated bill
  • d123
    d123 Posts: 8,622 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Robin9 wrote: »
    Still waiting for siergertyp to tell us which bank this is.

It looks like they might be a hit and run poster, they haven't returned to the forum since making that post.
    ====
  • System
    System Posts: 178,094 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Maybe the OPs bank has converted their legacy account to an electronic account?
  • jonesMUFCforever
    Options
    Troll alert me thinks -- good one too judging by the amount of replies.
  • rockchick113
    Options
    Maybe the Op is a bank troll seeing what the reaction would be it they did withdraw Cheques.
    Going off this post It seems that cheque books are still needed, and rightly so.
    I pay a lot of people by cheque and would be lost without this old fashioned way of payment, but it works. you don't need technology to use it. write it and go. simples ;)
    Jane x
  • cheesetoast
    Options
    For the people saying that FP's are safer for the payer, because they don't reveal their bank details - this is wrong.

Try making a faster payment to someone with a Yorkshire Bank account. Your soft code and account number will show up on their statement as one continuous 14 digit number.
  • robatwork
    robatwork Posts: 7,093 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    robatwork wrote: »

Another OP who asks a question then never returns to tell the full story then....
    alanq wrote: »
    I think you should wait more than 14 hours before coming to that conclusion.

How about now?
  • EachPenny
    EachPenny Posts: 12,239 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    robatwork wrote: »
    How about now?

Maybe they are on their summer hols and will be back next week... I think you should give them until after the bank holiday ;)
    "In the future, everyone will be rich for 15 minutes"
  • dunstonh
    dunstonh Posts: 116,383 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    EachPenny wrote: »
    Maybe they are on their summer hols and will be back next week... I think you should give them until after the bank holiday ;)

What excuse are you going to use on Tuesday? :cool:
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). The comments I make are just my opinion and are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice and you should not treat them as such. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
  • EachPenny
    EachPenny Posts: 12,239 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    dunstonh wrote: »
    What excuse are you going to use on Tuesday? :cool:

Easy... they have timed their holiday to come back the day before the kids go back to school ;)

It does seem a bit of an odd subject to troll about... the bank troll theory kind of fails given the level of anger etc expressed previously which has led to the current reconfiguring of the cheque processing system. I don't really see a bank wanting to 'test the market' with a handful of MSE forum members.
    "In the future, everyone will be rich for 15 minutes"
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport