Selling your soul to the devil

Options

Comments

• Skilos
    Skilos Posts: 1,329 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    dontone wrote: »
    Apparently there is one written by someone with the first name initial of 'Z', that even one of the FB posters has said that everybody should read. I can't find it though. When I get a bit more time, I'll have a look for it - unless one of you has seen it already.

I've seen the post referring to it but I can't find the actual post either, after scrolling through 1,000+ comments!
  • Makeandsave
    Makeandsave Posts: 3,791 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Options
    The smyths competitions are so depressing, I have won with them in the past with out a sob story but the sob stories being used are so desperate. I am going to email Smyths and ask if they can have a form to fill in and do a random draw.
    Jan Wins: .
  • emiai
    emiai Posts: 1,253 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic Combo Breaker
    Options
    The smyths competitions are so depressing, I have won with them in the past with out a sob story but the sob stories being used are so desperate. I am going to email Smyths and ask if they can have a form to fill in and do a random draw.

Id rather fill in a form via an app too, means they can target people with marketing info / emails afterwards too.
    Wishing you all good luck!
    Oldstyle moneysaving addict
  • dontone
    dontone Posts: 4,871 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options

The thing with Smyths is that they usually do comps that require you to fill a form - which is the best thing to do.
    Perhaps they decided to do something different just this once.
    Be Lucky
    BEST EVER WINS WON IN ORDER (so far) = Sony Camcorder, 32" lcd telly, micro ipod hifi, Ipod Nano, Playstation 3, Andrex Jackpup, Holiday to USA, nintendo wii, Liverpool vs Everton tickets, £250 Reward Your thirst, £500 Pepsi, p&o rotterdam trip, perfume hamper, Dr Who stamp set, steam cleaner.

comping = nowt more thrillin' than winnin':T :j
  • Enigmatic_Me
    Options
    Re the lottery comp yesterday and all the zillions of sob stories they have just announced the winner. Cannot believe the number of people who think the winner has won a trip to NYC :rotfl:

Likewise in today's comp, again all it asks you to do is identify the silhouette. Another monologue of sob stories of how they would love to go to NYC.
    The best things in life are free.....
  • hdh74
    hdh74 Posts: 2,855 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Copied this from a FB group but it did make me laugh

Sorry I know it's been said b4.
    But FB Comp comments have me crying with laughter! Quote from 1 all for a speaker.
    'I would actually saw my own foot off if I won this'
    Really �� no you wouldn't ��
    2018 - £562  2019 - £130 2020 - £276  2021 - £106 2022 - £140
  • claire21
    claire21 Posts: 32,747 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Magic Freebies fb

£20 worth of cheap chocolate - someone mum has died and this would make it better, someone's dad has brain cancer this would make it better

!!!!!! you just had to type WIN
  • 2013yearofthehouse
    Options
    At least on this one, a sob story shouldn't win.........

"To enter, all you need to do is comment and tell us why you love Christmas in just three words!

........and cue lots of epic, sometimes 30+ word or sometimes even 200+ word responses!

https://www.facebook.com/johnnylovesrosieofficialsite/photos/a.272065696171252.76953.200003233377499/1360159984028479/?type=3&theater
  • dontone
    dontone Posts: 4,871 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    At least on this one, a sob story shouldn't win.........

"To enter, all you need to do is comment and tell us why you love Christmas in just three words!

........and cue lots of epic, sometimes 30+ word or sometimes even 200+ word responses!

https://www.facebook.com/johnnylovesrosieofficialsite/photos/a.272065696171252.76953.200003233377499/1360159984028479/?type=3&theater

I hope that those who put that stupid 'what a generous prize' 'whoop, whoop' and all the other cobblers and love hearts that people keep putting on are out of the running as well. Why don't they do what the comp asks? I really can't understand it. :wall:
    Be Lucky
    BEST EVER WINS WON IN ORDER (so far) = Sony Camcorder, 32" lcd telly, micro ipod hifi, Ipod Nano, Playstation 3, Andrex Jackpup, Holiday to USA, nintendo wii, Liverpool vs Everton tickets, £250 Reward Your thirst, £500 Pepsi, p&o rotterdam trip, perfume hamper, Dr Who stamp set, steam cleaner.

comping = nowt more thrillin' than winnin':T :j
  • 2013yearofthehouse
    2013yearofthehouse Posts: 3,060 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    edited 23 November 2016 at 8:54PM
    Options
    dontone wrote: »
    Just been telling Mr dontone about the Lotto comp, and how people are posting thinking it's for a holiday & not vouchers.
    He's just said that some folk are so quick to write begging/sob stories, it's like they don't even read what the actual prize is.
    He's got a point.
    Be Lucky

Less sob stories today, but on the topic of not reading posts (or in this case watching the video) correctly.....today's answer is Chrysler Building and the amount of people saying Empire State Building is astounding! I have to admit I couldn't help giggling a little at The people saying they know it's the Empire State Building because they know it so well, for whatever reason, or that they've been there (must have visited with their eyes shut!) :D

"It's The Empire State Building, I should know I was lucky enough to go up it 2 months ago!"

"empire state building .Lucky enough to have been and it's fantastic"

"The Empire State Building xxx Here is a pic I took of it in 2014 :) Best Place ever xxx" [with a photo posted]

"Empire State Building. My favourite piece of architecture in the world!"

"Empire State Building. I have a photo of it on my wall!" [photo of a large poster on her wall]

"The Empire State Building - I've been up to the top, the view is fantastic"

"EMPIRE STATE BUILDING was there at Christmas I would love to go back"

"Empire State Building. Memories of one of my favourite films Sleepless in Seattle"

"The Empire State Building...I would love to go back to New York xx"

"The Empire State Building! One of my favourite buildings in the world." [posted a photo of it]

"The Empire State Building! I was too scared of heights to go up to the top last time!"

"Its americas most iconic building the center of alot of films its the empire state building xxxx"

"The Empire State building been there once was a awesome experience."

"Empire State Building. I got engaged out there 11 years ago and would love go go back"

"Its the Empire State Building, had the pleasure of going to the top twice"

"Empire State Building" [photo is of her at the top of the Empire State Building & you can actually see the Chrysler Building off in the distance behind her!!]
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure