Burglar Alarm Installation Prices

Options
124»

Comments

• Polsaone
    Options
    Mother-in-law's house was burgled between 4pm and 8.30pm three days ago. They climbed onto the garden wall and onto the flat roof of a ground floor extension. Then they climbed up onto the tiled roof and removed 10 pan tiles and entered the loft. Kicked down the loft hatch and did their thing. All exits were locked so they forced the locked double glazed window handle and opened the bedroom window beneath where they had got in through the roof.
    Basically what I am intimating is ensure you have a movement sensor on the landing covering the doorways and loft hatch. Burgling a house through the roof is extremely rare around these parts as it is elsewhere I imagine but be aware.
    Two lads have been nicked and 75%+ of the property recovered.I now have the job of organising an alarm etc.
  • Nigel_fin
    Options
    My beliefs they are no alarm system on the market that is good anough to protect your loved ones and belongings I have looked at bell only alarms and they just cut the phone wire to disable the alarm as it runs through the phone line . Cctv was another option but it is only good after getting robbed for police evidence providing the robber hasn't took the hard drive and yes I have also looked at tamper alarms where if phone line get cut the alarm will activate you can see yourself getting robbed now if you get a live feed system however many people choose the monitored system which adt is the largest in the world so I called them . It was 799+ vat upfront and 32+ vat a month for the service of they will call the police on your behalf and tell them there is an alarm going off but I can't see police coming to a report of an alarm going off so what's the point I kept looking and came across verisure which is a different level alarm system I talk with in the sales consultant and got a really good deal 399+ vat upfront and 37 +vat a month but they put a security guard in your area plus shock sensors which alerts when someone tryst breaking in rather than the conventional alarm which only triggers once someone is inside . All tamper proof runs of its own simply card so no phone line tampering Neil's number is 07342060717 good luck
  • brightontraveller
    Options
    Another person posted "I've been searching around trying to find a price guide before getting companies round to quote but it seems that burglar alarms are one of those clouded, closed shop products where companies don't like to give an idea until they !!!"ess the property/ meet you to work out how much they can screw out of you"

I have been installing alarms for 12 years and own the company. The alarm company needs to attend your premises to carry out a risk assessment survey according to EU EN 50131. It' not to see how much they can screw you for. Its just them doing there job properly. They have to assess your needs and recommend a grade. Every house is different and it impossible to know over the phone what your house needs and give you a price.

Sadley many people look at the price rather than its specification and its grade. Just buying the cheapest system can be a mistake. Some are very cheap because they are the lowest grade and may have missing features. It will work without them but some of these missing features can lower the level of difficulty it will pose to a burglar trying to disable it. Look at the grade and specifications not the price.
    Spoken like a true salesman:rotfl:
  • Ryanfuego
    Ryanfuego Posts: 20 Forumite
    Options
    Actually There are a lot of companies, I mean locksmiths who can provide you such service, just look in google and compare prices.
  • RasMarc
    Options
    Hello I hope you don't mind me jumping on this thread but I've just had a quote and I'm not sure if its a fair Price

Pyronix Enforcer control panel :
    3 x Radio Contact
    5 x infrared Sensors
    2 x vibration Sensors
    2 x setting/unsettling Fobs

Total Installation cost: £813.88 + vat
    Plus £25.00 per Year for Mobile cloud alerting

I was also quoted for a Lightsys Panel with the above @ Installation cost £929.00 + vat

Do you think this is a good alarm to go for at a good price?

Thanks In advanced Marc

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport