No water bill for a number of years....

Hi All,

A number of years ago (nearly 12), I moved into a new build flat. Since moving in, I haven't had a water bill! Thought it was about time to get it sorted....

When I moved in, I called the waste water co. to set up account. They couldn't set the account up as it was waste water, and until my supplier had set up an account they couldn't set up my account.

I contacted the water provider, then sent someone out to read the meter, despite me not having an account and 1 water meter not allocated.....

No account set up, called again and got someone to come out again to read the meter. No account set up again. I contacted the Consumer Council for Water who said the water company would be in touch as they were setting up a new system. Never got in touch.

The water companies are Southern and South East.

I know I need to pay for my water bill, but what is the best way to resolve this?
Do I need to pay for all the years, or is there a maximum number of years they can go back?

Thanks for your advice.

Comments

• Robin9
    Robin9 Posts: 12,089 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Write again to Consumer Council enclose a copy of their original reply. Keep copies of all written and email correspondence.

Sit back - it's in their hands.
    Never pay on an estimated bill
  • Cardew
    Cardew Posts: 29,036 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Rampant Recycler
    They can go back 6 years.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income