Threatening seller!

Options

Comments

• lovinituk
    lovinituk Posts: 5,711 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    catmiaow wrote: »
    I understand what you mean, but I was always polite and I have actually ignored him after his second message as he was just aggressive and it was getting nowhere. I have been dealing with Amazon directly.
    I don't agree with any seller getting aggressive and your seller was wrong to do so. However you should not have really escalated the case to Amazon until you were 100% sure it was not at the delivery office.

If he is telling the truth then as ballisticbrian says above, its actually Royal Mail who have caused the whole situation by not leaving you a card.

Its better to exhaust all lines of enquiry before you resort to claiming a refund from Amazon.
  • F&L
    F&L Posts: 570 Forumite
    Options
    When buyers contact Amazon, the seller usually receives a poorly worded message from Amazon regarding the buyer's complaint. They often don't pass on the buyer's message correctly. I often fill out a redelivery request online at https://www.royalmail.com/redelivery on behalf of buyers and half the time the parcels are then delivered. Parcels are often left with neighbours/wheelie bins etc and cards aren't being left.
  • RFW
    RFW Posts: 10,021 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    F&L wrote: »
    When buyers contact Amazon, the seller usually receives a poorly worded message from Amazon regarding the buyer's complaint.
    I rarely get those, sounds like OP contacted the seller directly. I've had one or two messages like that as a seller but just asked the buyer to explain and taken it from there. I can't ever see a need to be rude even if the customer is.
  • paulc333
    paulc333 Posts: 188 Forumite
    Options
    There is so much going on with this thread, lets deal with a few bits.

The OP clearly has a rude and unhelpful seller, let's not get distracted by how "some" buyers can be rude too.

However
    This guy seems really scary in his manner, I feel like he is going to turn up at my house and stab me!
    feels like a massive overreaction!

To the OP, the phone numbers for delivery offices dont always go to the specific DO, near where I am it's a central switchboard which is always busy, if you still want or care about the item then go to the Delivery office (and please note this is different to a Post Office (which you probably already knew but is worth mentioning)) within their opening hours., you can find out it's details here http://www.royalmail.com/delivery-and-collection-office-finder just enter your postcode.

otherwise as delivery has not been achieved you will win the Amazon case and get your money back, if you feel the seller has been especially rude or agressive report those emails to Amazon (I presume it was all done through Amazon messages), you should also be able to leave appropriate feedback but word it wisely or it could be removed.

Then move on with things and get your item from someone else.
  • Woolly_Scarf
    Options
    Amazon have advised me not to contact him again either and they refunded me this evening. I advised them I would get in touch with them if the item turns up.

If you've had your refund why are you still pursuing the seller?
  • catmiaow
    catmiaow Posts: 5,954 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    If you've had your refund why are you still pursuing the seller?

I'm not, he was messaging me in a rude and aggressive way, seems to have stopped for now.
    No you're not a vegetarian if you eat any animal or fish, so do not insult genuine veggies by calling yourself one! :mad:

Thanks to everyone who posts competitions. You are the stars of the board :T:j:T
  • mgdavid
    mgdavid Posts: 6,705 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Brywalker wrote: »
    After all this time just report to Amazon as not received.

see post #6.
    The questions that get the best answers are the questions that give most detail....
  • mgdavid
    mgdavid Posts: 6,705 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    paulc333 wrote: »
    ........ as delivery has not been achieved you will win the Amazon case and get your money back, ........

see post #6
    The questions that get the best answers are the questions that give most detail....
  • Inigo_Montoya
    Inigo_Montoya Posts: 1,214 Forumite
    First Post Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary
    edited 27 March 2017 at 2:28PM
    Options
    I'm not, he was messaging me in a rude and aggressive way, seems to have stopped for now.

Sellers that get 'aggressive' are often private/personal low volume sellers who may well be encountering a buyer claiming a lost item for the first time

Sellers who've have to deal with lost claims on a more 'regular' basis will know that getting 'aggressive' just isnt in their own self interest due to the way amazon & ebay process claims

There are more subtle ways though to differentiate a genuine lost claim from a fake one - a lot of fake claims can be discouraged by simply using the right wording & information in correspondence

for example I had an ebayer claim something didnt arrive so I sent them a scan of the proof of posting, a picture of the parcel that was posted & told them I would file a claim with royal mail giving them the photo of the parcel & that royal mail would probably contact them about the claim asking them to confirm the item didnt arrive & that the loss would be registered against their address - so far I havent heard anything back after that - this is often because fake claimers get discouraged by the thought of royal mail 'investigating' their fake claim especially if they do it on a regular basis - I also find the photo of the parcel helps as fake claimers might worry about whether their local postie will remember delivering it
  • theonlywayisup
    theonlywayisup Posts: 16,031 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options

for example I had an ebayer claim something didnt arrive so I sent them a scan of the proof of posting, a picture of the parcel that was posted & told them I would file a claim with royal mail giving them the photo of the parcel & that royal mail would probably contact them about the claim asking them to confirm the item didnt arrive & that the loss would be registered against their address - so far I havent heard anything back after that - this is often because fake claimers get discouraged by the thought of royal mail 'investigating' their fake claim especially if they do it on a regular basis - I also find the photo of the parcel helps as fake claimers might worry about whether their local postie will remember delivering it

Serial scammers don't hesitate at those sorts of messages and some messages can make some sellers look a little naive. As a buyer I am not interested in how the parcel looked when you sent it, if I don't have it, I don't have it.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure