Three choices in life; Give up, Give in or Give all you've got!!

Options

Comments

• satchmo1
    satchmo1 Posts: 2,752 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hats... I get sore ears if I'm out in the wind without a hat, maybe that's something to bear in mind for DS?
    What would you get if all you got was what you were thankful for?
  • please-let-me-be-lucky
    Options
    Hi all, sorry I haven't posted for a few days. Quick update;

DS2 went back to school yesterday and seems fine :D.

DH saw Epilepsy Nurse for routine appointment and all is well.

Won £25 on lotto :j. Sent £15 of it to Bcard.

Still haven't made GP appointment :o.

District Manager for Chub Club phoned me to ask if I would go to an opportunity event to find out about becoming a Consultant!! My Consultant has been singing my praises :o. Not sure what to do????

Had a £5 off voucher for Build a Bear, no minimum spend, so bought a £10 outfit and paid just £5. Santa is happy with that bargain!!
    Debts @ LBM £23,729.31. Debts @ 08/04/2016 £0 :j
    Best win so far - holiday to Florida
  • AspiringButAnxious
    Options
    Wow, it's been a good week! :T :j :T

If you have the time to be a consultant and think you might enjoy it, go for it — you can always change your mind once you have more information:)
    Rainy day fund — 210/1000 Emergency fund — 1019/1500
    Loan — 424/19,224 = 2.2% Fun fund: 1/100 Credit card balance — 0
  • Sun_Addict
    Sun_Addict Posts: 21,297 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Years ago I trained to be a slimming club consultant. I was on the verge of getting my own class when I decided to go back to work full time and couldn't realistically fit it in. Go for it, I'm sure you'd enjoy it. You could give up the Asda job then. Fab to have a job in something you're passionate about. Well done on the lotto win again (you jammy devil!).
    Christmas Savings 2024 £252.38/£600 April NSD:2 April Surveys £
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,306 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    No harm in going to the opportunity event to learn more.
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • mummytogirls
    mummytogirls Posts: 6,578 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Sounds like a great end to the week PLMBL!!! xx
    Mummytogirls x

• please-let-me-be-lucky
    Options
    Thanks all Xx

Being a Consultant for SW has always been a long term goal, I'm just not sure if now is the right time. It would mean I could give up Asd@ which is a bonus, but I'm not sure how the earnings would change things in terms of benefits and how much I'd have to earn to make it worth it. Plus, I'm not underestimating the amount of extra time it would take per week outside of the class time and the ongoing training and meetings. That's without even thinking what I'd do if DH was poorly as I couldn't not go to work if I was the one running it. My head is spinning!
    Debts @ LBM £23,729.31. Debts @ 08/04/2016 £0 :j
    Best win so far - holiday to Florida
  • Sun_Addict
    Sun_Addict Posts: 21,297 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    I wish you would do something for you for once Lucky. It's a great opportunity.
    Christmas Savings 2024 £252.38/£600 April NSD:2 April Surveys £
  • Eager_Elephant
    Options
    Thanks all Xx

Being a Consultant for SW has always been a long term goal, I'm just not sure if now is the right time. It would mean I could give up Asd@ which is a bonus, but I'm not sure how the earnings would change things in terms of benefits and how much I'd have to earn to make it worth it. Plus, I'm not underestimating the amount of extra time it would take per week outside of the class time and the ongoing training and meetings. That's without even thinking what I'd do if DH was poorly as I couldn't not go to work if I was the one running it. My head is spinning!

I assume your DH receives ESA (income related) as you claim as a couple (with your Carers Allowance being deducted from your eligible amount.)

If you earn more than £20 per week you will lose £ for £ what you earn off the ESA.

You can still receive Carers Allowance as long as your earnings are below £104 per week.

If you need any help or have any questions and don't have anyone local to ask feel free to give me a shout.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback