Merlin annual pass half price, £75

Options

Comments

• smoyea
    smoyea Posts: 100 Forumite
    Options
    I am planning to buy two gift vouchers at £75 and use Tesco clubcard points £37.50 each to get a total of 4 merlin passes.

I have done a lot of research as to if it was worth buying my youngest. (just turned 3yrs) a pass at £75 or not.
    As she is under 1 meter tall we would only need to pay for her to get into legoland and the sealife centers.

Using clubcard points 1 annual pass for legoland is £18 of points and sealife center annual pass is £15.

We live in south london so can visit chessington, thorpe park, legoland, madame T's and london eye, sealife london and brighton loads and my mum lives in midlands so can use warwick castle, birmingham sealife and alton towers when we visit her.

We are planning to buy the passes/use gift vouchers middle of august so we can use for two summers as suggested by another poster.

So for a family of 5 it's going to cost us £150 for two gift vouchersand £93 worth of tesco clubcard vouchers.:j
  • mbailey
    mbailey Posts: 858 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    smoyea wrote: »
    I have done a lot of research as to if it was worth buying my youngest. (just turned 3yrs) a pass at £75 or not.
    As she is under 1 meter tall we would only need to pay for her to get into legoland and the sealife centers.

Assuming they are not a big 3yr old, just put the 3yr old in a pushchair at legoland and you won't have a problem. It worked fine for us last year and no one ever asked any questions. We spent money when we are in legoland, so I didn't feel too guilty.
  • smoyea
    smoyea Posts: 100 Forumite
    Options
    She just happened to have been measured today at a hospital appointment and was well under the average height so unless she has a major growth spurt between now and the summer i may just try this. That is if i can get her to sit in the pushchair as she hates it.
  • Destroyer
    Destroyer Posts: 432 Forumite
    Options
    smoyea wrote: »
    She just happened to have been measured today at a hospital appointment and was well under the average height so unless she has a major growth spurt between now and the summer i may just try this. That is if i can get her to sit in the pushchair as she hates it.

I would get one of those stampouts done so you can return to your car & just get her to sit in the pushchair for the free entrance ;-)
    I usually like to drink my whisky neat :cool2:
  • tinker15
    tinker15 Posts: 1,393 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    gghh wrote: »
    Sorry to go on, but... anyone??

I spoke to Madame Tussauds who advised me that there is a 3 month window to collect your passes and the year pass will commence from the date of collection.
    Comping from May 2012 :D

Thank you to all that post & contribute, I think you are wonderful, I could not achieve without your help :)
  • zappomatic
    Options
    Terms and conditions page (http://www.annual-pass.com/faq/annual_pass_terms_conditions.asp )suggests the standard pass has blackout dates whereas the premium does not.

Restrictions apply to Standard Merlin Annual Pass including, but not being limited to,:
    12.1 NO entry into Madame Tussauds (London), The London Eye, SEA LIFE London Aquarium and London Dungeon during the whole of August;
    12.2 NO entry into Thorpe Park on Fright Night dates;
    12.3 NO entry to the London Eye on 14 February, 30 October and 31 October; and
    12.4 NO entry to the London Dungeon on 30 October and 31 October
    These restrictions do not apply to the Premium Merlin Annual Pass.

Also looks like they will be allowing people to pay in instalments at some point.
  • gghh
    gghh Posts: 347 Forumite
    Options
    tinker15 wrote: »
    I spoke to Madame Tussauds who advised me that there is a 3 month window to collect your passes and the year pass will commence from the date of collection.

Thank you. That's perfect for me, going to order them now :j
  • sjpkgp
    sjpkgp Posts: 920 Forumite
    Options
    I am a bit confused with some of the info, please help.

I want to buy an individual pass but don't want to use it until July. I was going to do the Gift pass (as mentioned by Destroyer) but happy to do the pass with a particular venue also (we know we are going to Thorpe park on a certain date in July). What is confusing me is the following, quoted from their website which clearly says if I buy it today, it becomes valid from today ???

"Your Merlin Annual Pass is valid for 12 months (365 days) from the date of purchase. Please note that your Merlin Annual Pass will expire the day before you bought it the following year.
    For example if you buy an Annual Pass on 20th July 2009 it will expire on 19th July 2010. "

Yet, there seems to be an opinion, it is the first time you visit an attraction. We live in the North, and the only place we may visit before July is Sealife centres. I have tried calling them but their lines are closed apparently (they told me to ring back in opening hours (it is 2pm now ??)

Pls help
    thanks
    Sal x
  • RufusA
    RufusA Posts: 939 Forumite
    First Post
    Options
    sjpkgp wrote: »
    Yet, there seems to be an opinion, it is the first time you visit an attraction. We live in the North, and the only place we may visit before July is Sealife centres. I have tried calling them but their lines are closed apparently (they told me to ring back in opening hours (it is 2pm now ??)

I spoke with them on Monday about Gift vouchers. They informed me that for a gift pass, the clock doesn't start ticking until you collect it and have your photo taken.

HOWEVER, they usually expect passes to be collected within a month of purchase, but are happy to be somewhat flexible if there is a reason. If you phone them, they are happy to add an explanation note on your account.

I think your best bet is to order by phone, explain the situation and see how flexible they are willing to be.

Merlin may be struggling a bit getting staff to work in the snow, depending on where the Annual Pass office operates out of. Which might explain why they aren't answering the phones.

Rufus.
  • sjpkgp
    sjpkgp Posts: 920 Forumite
    Options
    Thanks Rufus - yes, I did call them again, and got a better message about the weather conditions (they must have recorded one between the time I called the first time). I will do as you advise tomorrow - it is a good idea - even if I might be being a bit cheeky wanting to redeem in mid July. If not, I have a back up plan as I have £200 in tesco vouchers and this buys 5 out of the 6 passes I need for our family and the tesco T & C definitely state you have 6 months to redeem. Thanks Salx
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure