PV Solar Uk Ltd / Free Electricity 4U Ltd

Options

Comments

• gaza47
    gaza47 Posts: 1 Newbie
    Options
    I have recently had contact with PV Soal UK Ltd, who gave me a quotation for 10 panels of Solar Voltaic panels. Could you please give me some detail information on the make of panels and the inverter they fitted for you. Was your inverter fitted in your loft or next to your fuse box. Did they fit your panels south facing. I can only fit the panels west facing. Were you generally pleased with your overal installation and dealings with the company.

I be very grateful for feed back.

Regards

Rob
  • homer_donut
    Options
    D_Hillage wrote: »
    They have just completed my installation of 18panels. All was carried out efficiently by Liam and his team and I have generated over 4 units since 9am. I am now arranging to pay the balance of the cost (£12 800 in total) in order to get my MCS certificate to send to my electricity supplier, who I called this morning.

If anyone wants to know more about the installation etc, feel free to contact me.

Yes please, can you post up some pictures of your install, how long it took, where (roughly) you are in the UK as I'm in the process of arranging a survey by PV Solar UK and still considering the merits and all that.

Thanks.
  • 66chorisia
    66chorisia Posts: 11 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 9 August 2010 at 12:29PM
    Options
    Solar PV UK Ltd are installing 12 Yingli panels on my Victorian semi in Ipswich Friday 25 June. They are MCs accredited (number ELC54049) belong to REAL and deposits paid covered by iwa.biz insurance. Certainly gave the best price for what I wanted. The salesman advised ten panels I decided on twelve. [TEXT DELETED BY FORUM TEAM] I didnt like the selling technique of another company Affordable Solar or their special discount price of £13800!
    .......25/6/10 Installation of 12 Yingli panels,aurora inverter, this morning. Price includeing VAT £9760,£1740 less than any other quote. They started 7.30 a.m. and finished 1 p.m. polire efficient, will forward pics to anyone interested when the scaffolding is removed in a few days.
    ........2.5 days 27 k generated
  • jaer
    jaer Posts: 1 Newbie
    Options
    Hi there,
    Would love to know of the panels are going as we are in the middle of deciding to go with them for Qty 10-18 panels.

Thanks
    Jon
  • solarboy
    Options
    Looking for an installer of Solar PV for your home can be a tricky business especially with the introduction of the Feed in Tariff. With so many new start up companies jumping on the bandwagon you need to be aware that you are choosing the right installer. Main things to look for are that they are MCS Accredited for Installation and that the panels they install are MCS Approved. Also ensure they are members of the REAL Code of Conduct. Beware the high pressure sales techniques employed by some companies and if they start offering you discount steer clear. If they are REAL Members then they shouldnt be doing this. I have heard one story of a company offering 5 different prices to try and get them to signup on the night. There are some great companies out there, just do your homework.
    Hope that helps.:)
  • martinpyne01
    Options
    Hi,

I have been watching this thread with interest, having signed up to PV Solar UK Ltd in early April, with some trepidation. The price was pretty good. Had some confusion over the number of pannels. Orignal surveyor suggested 10 pannels. Second surveyor suggested six. Guys on site during the install on Monday this week this week said I could accommodate 9 pannels. They changed the order on site and installed all 9 pannels. Total cost £7,875.

Yingli solar 175 w pannels.
    Sunny boy inverter.

Average generation of 5.66Kwh per day since then and in the Midlands the weather has not been great (quite a bit of cloud and rain). House is a 3 bed semi (hence only 9 pannels).

Basicallly on track for 1200Kwh over 12 months
    Neat and tidy install in around 4-5 hours.

Estimated payback 14-16 years, assuming static engergy prices as I'm having to borrow to finance it.

Could not make the numbers stack up with other potential suppliers who were all significantly more expensive.

Pretty happy with PV Solar UK Ltd, who, with a bit of prompting, got things sorted and got on with the work. Received the appropriate certification yesterday, and will be filling in the FIT application form over the weekend.

Hope this is useful to those thinking of taking the plunge. NB - I would definately do your own calcs on likely energy generation as PV suppliers do seem, in general, to be a bit optimistic especially in the early stages of discussions.

thanks,

Martin.
  • grindelwalder
    grindelwalder Posts: 1 Newbie
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 9 August 2010 at 12:32PM
    Options
    66chorisia wrote: »
    Solar PV UK Ltd are installing 12 Yingli panels on my Victorian semi in Ipswich Friday 25 June. They are MCs accredited (number ELC54049) belong to REAL and deposits paid covered by iwa.biz insurance. Certainly gave the best price for what I wanted. The salesman advised ten panels I decided on twelve. [TEXT DELETED BY FORUM TEAM] I didnt like the selling technique of another company Affordable Solar or their special discount price of £13800!
    .......25/6/10 Installation of 12 Yingli panels,aurora inverter, this morning. Price includeing VAT £9760,£1740 less than any other quote. They started 7.30 a.m. and finished 1 p.m. polire efficient, will forward pics to anyone interested when the scaffolding is removed in a few days.
    ........2.5 days 27 k generated

Hi 66chorisia

I am currently considering having a PV system of similar size to yours installed on the SW facing roof of my house near Woodbridge Suffolk.

PV Solar UK Ltd have quoted me £10500 for a 12 panel Yingli array rated at 2.2 KWp. What is your opinion of this company in terms of reliabilty and quality of work? Are you still satisfied with the system they have installed for you? Did you get quotes from any other companies, if so who? What made you decide to choose PV Solar UK?

Sorry for the long list of questions, but I am new to this business and want to make sure that I am not being taken for a ride!

Regards
  • BargainGalore
    BargainGalore Posts: 5,243 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Free Solar panels on radio 4 today

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b00t3tcg
  • Churchpolly
    Churchpolly Posts: 79 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    hi, anyone had these panels fitted to a business roof in the midlands at all? be glad of any info. thanks, Polly
  • Chas._2-2
    Options
    D_Hillage wrote: »
    They have just completed my installation of 18panels. All was carried out efficiently by Liam and his team and I have generated over 4 units since 9am. I am now arranging to pay the balance of the cost (£12 800 in total) in order to get my MCS certificate to send to my electricity supplier, who I called this morning.

If anyone wants to know more about the installation etc, feel free to contact me.

Hi,
    I am investigating potential from PV panels and wonder what you have experienced since installation of your system. My house has an east west roof and if you are the same I would be interested to hear how they are performing, as it is not as good as having a south facing roof.
    I look forward to hearing from you.
    Regards, Charles Seagrave
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family