TV and Broadband Deal Advice

Options
Howdy,

My fianc!e and I are moving into out first home together within the next month. I am now looking at TV and broadband packages. If money wasn't an object, we would obviously go for the biggest and best all round. However, as money is an object, our main needs are fast broadband, with decent upload (for gaming), and ideally, Sky Sports and BT Sport. Movies and the other bits and pieces are not really that important as we use Netflix and Amazon Prime, and generally go to the cinema if we see something worth watching.

I have been looking at Virgin Media as they seem to be able to provide us with the best broadband speed, and also the best package at the moment. BT and Sky don't seem to get much over 40mb in our area. I have also looked at cashback deals. Are these worth taking much notice of when it comes down to annual price?

As we are moving soon, I want to get things organised in advance. However, I do not want to miss out on any superior deals that may pop up in the meantime.

Any advice and tips would be great.

Cheers,

J

Comments

• JJ_Egan
    JJ_Egan Posts: 20,281 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Do VM supply the new property is your first question .
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    It's the sports that will be the one that cripples you financially.
    Can you get fibre optic through BT and then you will get cheap BT sports.
    If your not interested in sky entertainment channels or cinema then NowTv at £31.99 per month maybe your best option.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure