Add your feedback on energy supplier Npower

Options

Comments

• stevegrass777
    Options
    mattk_180 wrote: »
    Found out the house I'm buying is currently supplied by Scottish Power. Read terrible things about them on here so did some rough quotes so I had a rough idea of what I'm doing when I move in and switch and Npower seemed to be the best deal. Now reading on here, that may not be the best choice either!

Are there any really decent companies out there or is it just all individual experiences and I'm just going to have to chance it and hope I have a good one?

Well I can shed some light on the problems with both sp and npower,from my investigation they seem to use the same useless software and it will take quite some years to iron out its problems as admitted by npower many times.
    So I would look at the other big firms or choose a good small company,look out for good customer service as well as price.
  • SueB8831
    Options
    Applied to switch last month and have JUST received a letter saying they can't do it. I rang to find out why and they said they no longer deal with Economy 7 meters :(
  • stevegrass777
    Options
    They have done you the biggest favour ever!
    They get economy 7 meter readings the wrong way round 9 out of ten times in my experience.
    Have a glass of wine and find a decent company!
  • dianadoors
    Options
    NEVER,NEVER use this company.
    It is the most dishonourable and dishonest company out there.
    I went to court against NPower and whilst I did not win the case the Judge remarked how badly I had been treated as a customer.The new CEO is as bad as the last.

USE at your peril.
    I am one of thousands!
  • angelin77
    Options
    I have never come across a company as bad as Npower. They messed up transferring a dual fuel account to a tenant which took several months to sort out. They then created an account in a false name when the tenant moved out which then resulted in the gas supply being cut off. All my efforts to get them to change the account to one in my name were met with sorry we cannot discuss as you're not the named account holder. Just an absolutely pathetic company that has caused distress to so many people. I'm in the process of dealing with the Information Commissioner's Office due to Npower's breaches of the data protection act. They have admitted emailing a third party giving them my personal information and they substituted my name on an existing named account and tried to get me to pay the charges on this account. I have never received an accurate bill from them and they say my bills which show the readings as being their estimates are really accurate readings because I supplied the reads even though I did not.. Truly appalling customer service. Avoid like the plague if you value your sanity.
  • kilowhat?
    Options
    By far npower have got to be the worst company in existence! How on earth they are still trading beggars belief. When will something finally get done regarding these cowboys? It's blatantly obvious that fining them hasn't deterred them from still co**ing up bills, reading, personal details and messing with peoples lives! Disgraceful!

My issue still remains unresolved and in a bigger mess from when it first happened. Transposed readings =fu**ed up bill =debits of hundreds =credit of thousands =debits of hundreds =back billing =no back billing =stress =more stress =total incompetence. ALL their fault! They do not know their asses from their elbows and I am sick to death of them. I will be taking it further, as far as I can, as I am not prepared to accept that npower are getting away with treating normal folk like us on here who ALL have issues, with utter contempt.

I should imagine the big cheeses of npower and the powers that be will be sat in their mansions at Christmas counting their bonuses laughing at us. The cheeky, incompetent useless sons of you know whats!

Second rant on here over..... for now.
  • juliethemuse
    Options
    This is an absolute joke of a company!!
    We tried to switch to their company last year to get a cheaper deal - I know, big mistake.
    Anyway, our current energy provider objected because we owed a debt so couldn't switch. Since then we have had endless bills and phone calls demanding money for energy we haven't even had!
    NPOWER why are you saying we owe hundreds of pounds for a so called 'final bill' ?
    I have asked them loads of times but they just respond with more bills. I could paper the walls with them :mad:
  • MABLE
    MABLE Posts: 4,080 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I have been in and out of N Power over the years and currently get my gas supply from them and can honestly say I have never encountered any problems. Excellent company.
  • teddysmum
    teddysmum Posts: 9,471 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    MABLE wrote: »
    I have been in and out of N Power over the years and currently get my gas supply from them and can honestly say I have never encountered any problems. Excellent company.

Some of us are quite happy, but it's people with problems who tend to post.

They have always sorted my problems and usually give a credit as a sweetener. (Complaining that my bill was not automatically calculated , for the third month running, resulted in an immediate bill and £25 credit)
  • davidjbw
    Options
    I have a fixed contract with nPower and received a notice saying they were going to raise my DD payment from £68 pm to £80 pm.
    What they had done was to estimate my future consumption and cost to the end of 2017 rather than to the end of my contract which is August 31st.
    They had calculated my cost to the end of my contract, then added further months at a much higher tariff and divided the lot by 11 months to give them the figure of £80.
    I rang them up and said that I had calculated my consumption to the end of my contract using their figures and the result was about £63 for the remaining months and I wasn't going to pay more than my original figure of £68.
    They said OK there and then, and cancelled the £80 scam.
    Just thought I'd post this in case anyone else gets a similar demand.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure