PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

OS Daily Thread Saturday April 30th

Options
13»

Comments

• domestic_goddess
    Options
    Hi all, it's been a long while since I've been on here but I really need to get back to my old style habits so here I am again. There's a few names I recognise but not many so I'm looking forward to getting to know everyone....

Old style wise today, I'm just doing my weeks meal plan before we head off to the shops and then I'll get back and do some baking I think. I'm going to make some 'cheesey pops' (like cheese straws but we use biscuit cutters to make shapes) for my DS's packed lunches next week and I might have a go at some muffins to freeze as well.

I fancy having a go at some sort of tray bake as well for their packed lunches but I'm not sure yet what to do - any ideas ;-)

I'm going to have a good clean of the family bathroom this afternoon as well, going to writ dd in to help me too and then this afternoon we're having giant yorkshire puddings with sausage and mash in them for tea.

Have a good day everyone x x

Cass
  • bargainbird
    bargainbird Posts: 3,771 Forumite
    Options
    Welcome Newbies :wave:

And hello again to returners....:D

How can i get red wine spots out of linen trousers :o

Many thanks
    Clare x
    You know your getting old when you
    go to the pub sit outside
    and admire the hanging basket :cool:
    Is officially 48% tight :D
  • Julie67
    Julie67 Posts: 2,362 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Afternoon all,

hello to the newbies and returners:wave:

Domestic Godess, my lot love fruit flapjacks here is the recipe

8 oz cereal crushed or porridge oats
    2 oz sugar
    2 oz SR flour
    (chopped fruit such as apple, raspberries, blackberries or you can add nuts or raisins, dried fruit, whatever you've got)

Then melt 2 large TBSPN of marg or butter with 2 large TBSPN of golden syrup.
    Mix in the dry ingredients and spread in a tray (swiss roll tin is ideal)
    Bake for 20 mins at 180 C

Its a very forgiving recipe and you can make up your own combinations. Drizzle chocolate on th top if you want to make them extra special, enjoy!

Well a busy day cleaning. The bedroom we have just decorated is finished and looking fab. The wardrobe in there had a broken door so DH has covered the two front panels with left over wallpaper from the feature wall and that was left over paper from our bedroom. How OS is that. It looks like a designer wardrobe, I am very pleased:D
    Last lot of washing needs to be brought in, its been a great drying day. We have just had homemade pizzas for tea but loads left, do you think I can freeze them??
    The laundry is next on the list for a makeover. Its a lovely big room but people tend to dump in there. DH is going to sort the lighting out then it will be painted and the storage a bit better organised. First job tomorrow is to clear all the rubbish and take it to the tip.
    I love feeling organised.:T
    BB meant to say, I got red wine out of a white top with a stain devil ink remover. Might be worth a try
    Started Self Managed DMP 10th May 2017.
    Working hard to get rid of our debt.
  • domestic_goddess
    Options
    Julie67 wrote: »
    Domestic Godess, my lot love fruit flapjacks here is the recipe

8 oz cereal crushed or porridge oats
    2 oz sugar
    2 oz SR flour
    (chopped fruit such as apple, raspberries, blackberries or you can add nuts or raisins, dried fruit, whatever you've got)

Then melt 2 large TBSPN of marg or butter with 2 large TBSPN of golden syrup.
    Mix in the dry ingredients and spread in a tray (swiss roll tin is ideal)
    Bake for 20 mins at 180 C

Its a very forgiving recipe and you can make up your own combinations. Drizzle chocolate on th top if you want to make them extra special, enjoy!

That looks brilliant - thanks x
  • camelot1001
    camelot1001 Posts: 6,017 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    BB I washed as normal and the sunshine took the stain out (like with lillies).

Evening All
    Been reading most days but not had chance to post, hope everyone is well and enjoyed the RW, I watched bits and pieces and thought it was fab. Would like to meet Harry on a night out, he looks as if he would be a scream (thought he looked like the honey monster though).
    Went to get some summer shoes yesterday at Clarks, they had 30% off a second pair so I had to! Also got DD two pairs of sandals like she had last year for £10 each. Paid £50 each last year! She is delighted and so am I.

Went to see Footloose on Thursday which was brill, the dancing was amazing. Also cycled to work a couple of times and have managed to go swimming too. The house is ok, ironing done and beginning to sort out the garden. If I could only get rid of the rabbits I would be sorted.

Enjoy your weekend all. Take care. XX
  • LameWolf
    LameWolf Posts: 11,235 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    *Sticks head round door and waves*

Julie67 hope you don't mind, I've half-inched your fruit flapjack recipe; sounds like something Mr LW might like in his lunchbox, for a change.
    If your dog thinks you're the best, don't seek a second opinion.;)
  • meanmarie
    meanmarie Posts: 5,328 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Evening all,

Nothing done here to-day except one load of washing....friend I hadn't seen since Christmas arrived just as I was starting to move and stayed for 4 hours....couldn't say anything as she had obviously taken a detour to say 'hello' but felt that she could have said 'goodbye' a little earlier....especially as she was driving 80 miles home with a 3 year old! Forgive the grumpiness but wasn't the best timing in the world.

Very windy here to-day, thought that it would rain at one stage but no, not a drop, my garden would be glad of a shower.

Did get some knitting done while I watched the rugby....disappointed for Munster but delighted for Leinster...never used to watch rugby until a year or two ago, now wouldn't miss a match, is that undignified for a woman of my advancing years?

Thanks for the flapjack recipe Julie...will try it when I get some baking stuff in, really need to start my May shopping to-morrow as lots of essentials have run out...need to write a very careful list to help in not going over my budget.

Hester...as somebody else said, I would serve what I have made and let anyone too rude to eat it shift for themselves...are they coming to see you or to be fed to their 'requirements'?

Still no sign of Sile...am becoming a bit upset at this stage and poor Thunder is feeling very lonely.

Need to go to bed soon as want to have a reasonably early morning to-morrow, want to change bed linen so need to push OH out too.

Sleep well all, stay safe, welcome to newbies and hugs to everyone.

Marie
    Weight 08 February 86kg
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family