sarahevie's single quest to mortgage freedom

Options

Comments

• beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,296 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Karma is a strange thing :)
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • sarahevie1
    sarahevie1 Posts: 630 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    beanielou wrote: »
    Karma is a strange thing :)

I know so weird. I'm back at work tomorrow which may make viewings tricky but have expressed interest and will be going to view soon.
    HOME
    Original mortgage free date Nov 2037
    Mortgage free August 2018

Additional properties
    Mortgage 1 £108,000
    Mortgage 2 £45,000
    Teacher pension - DB scheme
    LGPS pension - DB scheme
  • Moneyfordreams
    Options
    I hope it's a wonderful opportunity for you :D
    Mortgage restart June 2018 £119950Re mortgage August 19 £110470, … Mortgage November 22 £85600 final 0% CC 3300Home renovations - £65000, mid 2018 - mid 2022
  • sarahevie1
    Options
    I hope it's a wonderful opportunity for you :D

Thank you. It's definitely something I will be looking into seriously.

There are financial considerations though, being self employed wouldn't be as 'safe' as my teaching salary.
    HOME

Additional properties
    Mortgage 1 £108,000
    Mortgage 2 £45,000
    LGPS pension - DB scheme
  • CathT
    CathT Posts: 7,115 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Sounds like a great opportunity for you. Take some time to look after yourself too, you have so much going on at the moment.
    Apr 2024 - part 1 - £30,337 part 2 - £24,811 Total - £55,148 43 months to go!
  • Brodiebobs
    Brodiebobs Posts: 1,032 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    What an amazing oportunity, firm believer in everything happens for a reason, not a coincidence if it was meant for you!

Childcare is where i started and i keep thinking about going back as an owner...thats a great price and they're a licence to print money, i know i get to look at their books in my current role!
  • sarahevie1
    Options
    Brodiebobs wrote: »
    What an amazing oportunity, firm believer in everything happens for a reason, not a coincidence if it was meant for you!

Childcare is where i started and i keep thinking about going back as an owner...thats a great price and they're a licence to print money, i know i get to look at their books in my current role!

Thanks, this one isn't a licence to print money at the moment as the fee income is only £50,000 a year. Do need to enquire as to how much the wage bill is, but it won't be high 3 part time playworkers (I reckon minimum wage if not a little above.) The rent is £4000 for a year! so very low overheads.

There is definite scope to increase the fee income as currently they are only registered for 16 children and they only open 9-1; 3 days a week and 9-4; 2 days per week.

With it being round the corner from a primary school there is definite scope for before and after school care and holiday clubs.
    HOME

Additional properties
    Mortgage 1 £108,000
    Mortgage 2 £45,000
    LGPS pension - DB scheme
  • debtfreeoneday
    Options
    What an awesome opportunity, hope it works out for you x
    DFW (08/08) £64,346.53 Gone (02/19)
    MFW (08/08) £118k Gone (09/23)
  • sarahevie1
    Options
    Back at work properly tomorrow, the children are in!

Looking forward to getting back to normal money wise, have spent a lot in the holidays.

I spent a further £60 on uniform on Saturday taking my spend to £240 for three children. I think that is ok as it includes school shoes, trainers and pumps for each child.

Looking at my spreadsheet for previous years I have spent £190 for two children, so it is on a par.
    HOME

Additional properties
    Mortgage 1 £108,000
    Mortgage 2 £45,000
    LGPS pension - DB scheme
  • sarahevie1
    Options
    Busy busy week, back at school.

Unfortunately there has been a blip with DD3s nursery fees, well the standing order stopped August 2015 (I definitely did not stop it.) So I haven't paid for a whole year:eek::eek::eek:

Now I have A LOT of expenses coming out of the account, but I cannot believe I missed it. Fortunately I have the savings to cover it, to think I've been thinking all year, the savings are coming along nicely. (How silly am I?)

Anyway I owe the fees on the 1st of the month, so I've added Sept to the invoice and October (as a sweetner to show my intent.)

I'm literally going to be living hand to mouth until I get my rent on the 30th of September, but I will definitely be keeping a closer eye.
    HOME

Additional properties
    Mortgage 1 £108,000
    Mortgage 2 £45,000
    LGPS pension - DB scheme
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing