ING - stick or split?

Options

Comments

• daisythecat_2
    Options
    Wolf_Man wrote: »
    Had money in Icesave, KE and Heritable.

Now that ING has got Heritable and KE (fixed) I will have to move money out of them.
    I have seen no guarantee that ING are going to keep the KE interest rates?

I also have money with Icesave and KE in 6 month fixed term accounts, I logged onto KE's website and read the update from ING and it said that they would honour KE's interest rates for fixed term accounts.
  • ian-d
    ian-d Posts: 371 Forumite
    Options
    Do we know yet if Kaupthing' standard saver (no withdrawl penalties etc) will have the rate honored by ING, as they only mention the fixed term accounts.
  • alared
    alared Posts: 4,029 Forumite
    Options
    When everthings settled down I`ll be moving my last few quid out of ING.
    The main and only reason is the passport compo scheme.

Coventry B/S is as good as any paying 6.25% fixed for a year but you can still withdraw and add to,without penalty.

http://www.coventrybuildingsociety.co.uk/homepage.aspx?CBSRef=UNG008
  • cheekykid
    cheekykid Posts: 252 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    dan2097 wrote: »
    3 years is a long time to lock up money for though.

Yup. Way too long for me hence am looking towards 6month deals
  • ed123_2
    ed123_2 Posts: 556 Forumite
    Options
    ..if you think about it, ING is probably one of the safest places you can put your money, Darling was a darling and saved Kaupthingy transfering to ING. If ING goes down then he would be duty bound to save us again. (puting the money in the Crock...<:-)...)
  • LongTermLurker
    Options
    Have thought about this, main doubts being that I chose KE because I didn't want to be part of the passport scheme, but on reflection I've decided to "hold" and wait until my FTDs end next year, at which point I'll make a decision - no point rushing in. Further savings will go elsewhere.
    You've never seen me, but I've been here all along - watching and learning...:cool:
  • Entertainer
    Options
    They were saying on Money Box that the Dutch guarantee was €100,000. They didn't say anything about how it would work in practice naturally.
  • cos69
    cos69 Posts: 413 Forumite
    Options
    cheekykid wrote: »
    Yup. Way too long for me hence am looking towards 6month deals

But that was the nice thing about the KE 7.15% fixed rate scheme - you can get your money out any time but will loose 1% in interest, so you would be getting 6.15% if you withdraw the money early. I probably will not need the money within 3-years, but its nice to know I can get my hands on it should I need and 6.15% is still reasonable considering I would be breaking the contract
    "How could I have been so mistaken as to trust the experts" - John F Kennedy 1962
  • ShelleyC_2
    ShelleyC_2 Posts: 1,500 Forumite
    Options
    I'm waiting for dust to settle over CHAPS / BACS delay then I'm moving out!

Just daren't risk the passport scheme - it seems plain that if (worse case scenario) there's not enough money in the Dutch government to pay everybody they'll pay people who vote for them first!

Not quite sure where it'll go but a big safe appeals :rotfl:
    Looking for the perfect home and saving to make becoming a MFW easier
    MFiT3 48103/50000 Saved So Far :j
  • trashcan_2
    Options
    Having closed my ING account 4 months ago, I now find myself back with them again. I left the first time because of the low interest rate ( when I joined they promised one high rate for all), This time with my old KE account I will be leaving because of the passport scheme. Their service has always been good, but I don't trust this passport scheme anymore after the Icesave trouble.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure