2»

Comments

• soolin
    soolin Posts: 72,285 Ambassador
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    fuzzgun19 wrote: »
    What is a POD?

I sent a dvd 1st class standard, but printed through ebay and it had one of these QR codes on the label.
    The buyer is saying it's not been delivered.
    Is there any way to track these?

Standard post is not fracked and for delivery confirmation It depends whether it was sent as a large letter or a parcel. A large letter does not show a delivery status, a parcel does.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the eBay, Auctions, Car Boot & Jumble Sales, Boost Your Income, Praise, Vents & Warnings, Overseas Holidays & Travel Planning , UK Holidays, Days Out & Entertainments boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know.. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • theonlywayisup
    theonlywayisup Posts: 16,031 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    fuzzgun19 wrote: »
    What is a POD?

I sent a dvd 1st class standard, but printed through ebay and it had one of these QR codes on the label.
    The buyer is saying it's not been delivered.
    Is there any way to track these?

POD = proof of delivery. That is all you need for items less than £750 on eBay.

Does your barcode have a POD?
  • fuzzgun19
    fuzzgun19 Posts: 7,767 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    POD = proof of delivery. That is all you need for items less than £750 on eBay.

Does your barcode have a POD?
    I don't know, it was a large letter. When I click on the order details, then tracking, there is a tracking 'number', but it hasn't moved to the delivered part. It was posted a week ago.
    I Hate Jobsworths!!!
  • theonlywayisup
    theonlywayisup Posts: 16,031 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Large Letters are not routinely scanned for POD. You can try Live Chat for RM who may be able to help. If they can, take a screenshot and send it to your buyer.
  • ontheup1972
    ontheup1972 Posts: 90 Forumite
    Options
    Large Letters are not routinely scanned for POD. .

As many LLs are scanned as parcels, and this has been the case for over a year.
  • hollydays
    hollydays Posts: 19,812 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I recently won a case when my buyer claimed item not received. I didn't know about the Royal Mail scanning on standard parcels and ebay told me about it I later appealed and got my money back.
    Is it a fairly new thing?
  • ontheup1972
    Options
    soolin wrote: »
    A large letter does not show a delivery status, a parcel does.

All my LLs are showing a delivery status, I've been able to access this information for over a month. I can also see in my DMO archive delivery status on LLs going all the way back to May 2016. It's annoying how many people I refunded for INR over the last year where I can now see the order showing as delivered.

At the moment most people can't see delivery confirmation as you say - I must be part of a trial or something. Or maybe they're rolling it out to everyone in stages, like they did with the parcels.
  • soolin
    soolin Posts: 72,285 Ambassador
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I definitely have no delivery details currently showing in my LLs , which is a shame as the majority of my items are LL.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the eBay, Auctions, Car Boot & Jumble Sales, Boost Your Income, Praise, Vents & Warnings, Overseas Holidays & Travel Planning , UK Holidays, Days Out & Entertainments boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know.. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • fuzzgun19
    fuzzgun19 Posts: 7,767 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I contacted ebay over chat on two occasions today, only to be told to sort it out with the buyer.
    No other help at all.

Had to refund.
    I Hate Jobsworths!!!
  • ontheup1972
    Options
    soolin wrote: »
    I definitely have no delivery details currently showing in my LLs , which is a shame as the majority of my items are LL.

Same for me, about a 70/30 split of LLs to parcels.

I can't begin to explain how happy I was when I started getting delivery confirmation on my LLs because the majority of my INR claims stem from low value LLs.

I've had no official word from RM that I have been "switched on" for LLs though, so the fear is always in the back of my mind that this is an accident and they will switch it back off.

There are a handful of other sellers who I know of who are getting delivery confirmation on LLs as well, so hopefully it's the beginning of a roll out and you'll also have it soon.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure