Best bank for security

Options

Comments

• DCFC79
    DCFC79 Posts: 40,598 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    robatwork wrote: »
    Another bank used to do this too, but I can't remember which one. I have been with Abbey/A&L for a long time so I would have said them but for what you typed. I remember when I got the card thinking what a great idea it was....

I remember RBS (I'm sure it was but not 100%) who did this.
  • robatwork
    robatwork Posts: 7,092 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    DCFC79 wrote: »

Possibly but it wasn't with them..... Thinking about it now, why on earth isn't there more biometric security on our cards? A photo similar to a driving licence, or something more sophisticated.
  • EarthBoy
    EarthBoy Posts: 3,040 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options

It was them. I had an RBS card with my photo on the back.
  • PeacefulWaters
    Options
    EarthBoy wrote: »
    It was them. I had an RBS card with my photo on the back.

Halifax offered it briefly.
  • Vortigern
    Vortigern Posts: 3,243 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    N&P used to print the customer's photo onto their payment card next to the signature strip

Goldfish credit card also used to do this IIRC. Rather pointless now that cards are rarely handed over to another party.
  • amanita
    amanita Posts: 75 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    soulsaver wrote: »
    You don't need to use it for day-to-day access (like M&S does) but just to set up a new payee... and even then you can do it by phone banking instead if you don't like the digidongleting.

If you have an Android or iPhone, seriously, get the digital secure key. You can make new payees right from the app.
  • Biggles
    Biggles Posts: 8,209 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Tesco Bank win the wooden spoon for being worst online though.
    No, I must dispute that! You clearly haven't got an account with the Co-op Bank, as they really are the rock bottom.

In fact, I would nominate them as being the best for security, because I have an online account and half the time I can't even get into it myself. That's what I call secure!
  • robatwork
    robatwork Posts: 7,092 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Vortigern wrote: »
    Goldfish credit card also used to do this IIRC. Rather pointless now that cards are rarely handed over to another party.

That's the one I had. In the UK it seems ages since anybody touched my cards. However when abroad this is very different and it always feels strange handing the card over...
  • batrachophagus
    Options
    Biggles wrote: »
    No, I must dispute that! You clearly haven't got an account with the Co-op Bank, as they really are the rock bottom.

In fact, I would nominate them as being the best for security, because I have an online account and half the time I can't even get into it myself. That's what I call secure!

lol. I meant the recent security breach, which as far as I know, it has yet to be explained how it happened.
  • amanita
    amanita Posts: 75 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Best bank with security is your own bank at home with the money under a mattress and you take out how much you need each day.

Back on topic, I cant comment on FD, I find Barclays annoying as you need the Sentry pad and the card unless you have the app downloaded.

RBS, Hallifax, Lloyds, TSB and Tesco are ok, not had an issue with any of them 5 being accessed by anyone other than me.

RBS has the same need for a "sentry pad" (Barclays language). Barclays is actually better as you can use the Android app instead; RBS has no such function.

Halifax, Lloyds and TSB have the exact same system, so no surprise you like them equally :)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure